ZEN MOTO: In Search of the American Dream

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
jonathanwareham
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100

ZEN MOTO: In Search of the American Dream

Postby jonathanwareham » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 pm

I am from Los Angeles and have produced numerous documentaries. I wanna put 8 Go Pro cameras on a bike and ride to towns in AZ and CO that are being affected by big business like Walmarts moving in. I saw this a lot on my last cross country drive - gorgeous small towns being turned in to ghost towns - so I wanted to do something about it in any small way I can.

I made a trailer and am trying to raise some awareness about the film.

Please view it and if you like it put it on your Facebook Page and send it to other riders.

The project info is here including the trailer:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Zen-Moto

Bogator
Motorcycle: 1998 valkyrie

Re: ZEN MOTO: In Search of the American Dream

Postby Bogator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 am

I hope all goes well for you Zen Moto, I like the idea you have, but , I've seen a lot of the places that you are going to film, I drove trucks all over the country for 44 years, some ,before we had the Interstate system we have now, wish ,sometimes that I had a camera to shoot some of the places that are gone now, anyway , best of luck to you, if I could ,I would donate to the cause but ,retired money is tight, GOD BLESS
GOD BLESS

jonathanwareham

Postby jonathanwareham » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 am

Cheers -

Yes I was kinda shocked by it - especially once in Colorado I saw this amazing little town with a cobblestone mainstreet and a barber shop and a saloon and a gift shop - about 80% of the town was bordered up. Then just down the road - there it was - a big plaza with all those ugly chain stores and a Sizzler. It really made me sad.

wayne ian
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800 2006 suzuki C50ct

Postby wayne ian » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 am

Good idea, but your story has been told a hundred times already. Why not tell how towns have reinvented themselves after big box? This can then be a positive story about Americas strength instead of another negative story of failure.

jonathanwareham

Postby jonathanwareham » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 am

I think that's a good idea. That's why I called it Zen Moto - The Search for the American Dream. I am not saying it is not out there - it's just perhaps not where it was before. A producer friend of mine made the same suggestion and I think it is a valid point.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”