Who needs a first aid kit?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
1CheeseLouise
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800

Who needs a first aid kit?

Postby 1CheeseLouise » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 pm

The monthly contest prize is a 'first aid kit'. Looking at the contents, it is clearly deficient. No vodka!
It does have one useful item. If you get in an accident, you need a bandage to place over your mouth so you don't say anything stupid!
There is a guy ridding around Palm Beach County on a 1929 Indian Scout. Here I am pulling up to Cosco at Southern Blvd. and Lambstein Lane.
And there he is! I hear a thump, thump. And he is standing along side this relic. So, I cornered him. Found out he rode it down from the Northeast. It doesn't have brakes it has "slows". Front is a tiny drum, back is external contracting. Gearbox is 3 speed, no synchronizers . Now that man could use the first aid kit. To bandage his bike. (And his sore ass!)

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Re: Who needs a first aid kit?

Postby brettchallenger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:03 pm

The need for a first aid kit is a serious question, not sure about the vodka. Most European nations insist that vehicles carry first aid kits (motorcycles are excused). Of course there is no agreement about what should be in a first aid kit and whether a single sticking plaster (band aid) would constitute such a kit. To be frank, there is very little that can be done at the site of a serious traffic accident with a few plasters and the odd bandage. Perhaps what might be more useful and save more lives would be CPR equipment - face sheets for resus etc. Sometimes, the most effective measures to be taken at an accident, is the prevention of injuries being made worse by inappropriate, though well meant, first aid interventions - and in England, hot sweet tea!
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

Bogator
Motorcycle: 1998 valkyrie

Postby Bogator » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:48 am

Every bike needs a first aid kit-----for---bee stings-exhaust burns- cuts - fight bruises--and -scratches, from wrenches being pulled and sliped off the knut--WHAT---you never had any of these??? you are telling me you never rode with a buddy on a Harley,???? and helped him on the side of the road, ---- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 am

I carry a first aid kit but luckily the only thing I have ever used from it is the Murine eye drops.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

N2PPN
Motorcycle: Me on my 1981 GL1100 at Jones Beach in 1984

Postby N2PPN » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:52 pm

For about 15 bucks a 10 person OSHA approved (OSHA requirements 1910.151b) first aid kit will easily fit in your bike and handle anything but severe injuries.... that's where the vodka comes in...

Rich

Don't Worry,
Ride Happy!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”