Bluetooh to FM transmitters???????

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

Bluetooh to FM transmitters???????

Postby fysty-1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:41 pm

This is for all those electronics wizards out there. I have been recently looking into set up for my Van but it just dawn (duh) on me that I may not be able to do as I want. I had a FM Transmitter/charging dock for my Ipod & I had to tune my stereo into an FM stationbut as i would be travelling that station may weaken so I would have to find another clear station. But in any case, I would not be able to listen to other stations. Of course with an IPod that is not a problem but it would be if I had a smartphome paired to the new unit.. My question is is there such thing as and automatic FM scanner Bluetooth? And if i was listening to another station, still be able to answer my phone & then go back to the music station playing before? In otherwords how do they wire Bluetooth into the newer vehicles. Our KIA (2009) has this & it makes no difference what station we are on or if the stereo is on or off. It will answer. Oh I have to initially turn the stereo on to make the BT conection but then we can shut the stereo off an BT still is functional. Thanks a bunch guys. Angela

Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

fysty-1

Re: Bluetooh to FM transmitters???????

Postby fysty-1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Just thought that I'd update my search. Must say yho, I was surprised that there were zero replies as I thought this would have had the most electronics wizards of any site that I am on. Anyway from other responses, it appears that I am stuck with the purchase of an aftermarket stereo for my Van. It appears that the only way to reach my accomplisments is with a BT/ FM transmitter, but that route negates the ability to use my stereo in the Van as to do so I would have to chane the station & this woulod render the FM transmiiter dead. I have found a system that I like that is not too dear and has a heck of a lot of functions. I don't want to spend too much as I am saving for a Sena unit for our helmets. Anyway thanks guys. Angela :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160706584238?ss ... 1436.l2649
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I would reply but I am not an electronic guru. What I have for my car is a channel override. My Sirius Satellite radio is wired in on one channel only, 92.3. So no matter how strong or weak the station is, my satellite overrides as clear as a bell. Can not answer to the blue tooth issue, but would think if a bluetooth transmit is also hooked up, then that would patch in to your headset.

I do not know much about all this, I am on this board because it is inspiring confidence in me to screw up my bike with no regard to "oh crap, hope it runs" syndrome after I touch it ;)

If this sounds more like what you think, I can do some research to find out what that override is, and maybe that will help you (since I want to install one on my bike also....hope it runs after install, lol)

fysty-1

Postby fysty-1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Mag wrote:I do not know much about all this, I am on this board because it is inspiring confidence in me to screw up my bike with no regard to "oh crap, hope it runs" syndrome after I touch it ;)
If this sounds more like what you think, I can do some research to find out what that override is, and maybe that will help you (since I want to install one on my bike also....hope it runs after install, lol)

I hear that Mag. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My comment about my surprise was in no way a critism. It was just what it was. With about 40 views & no guru's out there. I honestly thought there were far more Electrinic Gurus here. Don't matter. I still love this site. Cheers Angela aka fysty-1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Give it time, must be Sunday night (just need to fill my own vino glass). I do like the site though, painted all my front dark plastic today, and I must say I am damn proud of myself for the paintjob. Now need to figure out how to pull off all the dark plastic in the back (speaker covers, storage, and then also front console), paint up and I am done....for this year (wink wink nudge nudge).

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 am

I know I haven't heard of such a product - so rather than just post a message saying "nope, don't know of such a thing" I figured I would let someone (who may have heard of such a thing) post an answer. :)

Doesn't mean it couldn't be done, just means I haven't seen a product that does specifically that function.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”