Can Honda Make a Man's Bike for 2013?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tvstaff
Motorcycle: 1992 Wing

Can Honda Make a Man's Bike for 2013?

Postby tvstaff » Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I think Honda has lost their manhood. Japanese men always seemed a little, little, if you know what I mean.

The 2013 Goldwing will IMHO be for women and small men. Honda no longer makes a big man's bike. They know thay have lost to HD and hence will now make Goldwings in 2013 for limp wristed, transgender, city dwelling, metrosexuals.

The Goldwing is DEAD...

Long Live HD... If you want a man's bike and not a toy.

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Can Honda Make a Man's Bike for 2013?

Postby trike lady » Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 am

You've seen a drawing of the new 2013 Goldwing in a magazine?
Is it actually becoming a 'Pansy' bike?
That shoots the trike conversion in the foot, may as well make Sportster trikes at least they have an attitude.
You may have one other option for a good size bike, the Boss Hoss V8.
I hope this is not their idea of a Goldwing?
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Postby cbx4evr » Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

Watch and learn.

"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 am

Well, if the images in Honda's patent filing are of any indication, the next Goldwing will be a four-cylinder hybrid:

2013 Hybrid Goldwing?
2013 Hybrid Goldwing?

2013 Hybrid Goldwing Engine?
2013 Hybrid Goldwing Engine?

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Like I said before a 10 model would be the newest goldwing I would buy. If that's the new wing.God help us that is pitt a fill;. WOW ugly.. DAMN HONDA !!!!

Mike 545
Motorcycle: Blue 2012 GL1800
1995 GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby Mike 545 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 am

Define what a man's bike is? What qualifies HD as a man's bike. I'm sorry, but every time I am behind a Harley, the rider is going 45 or 50 and slows down instead of leaning into a turn. I fall asleep behind them.

You guys are stuck in yesterday. The world has moved on. The Wing has remained pretty much the same for 20 years. Time for a radical change. Don't forget that there is a generation behind us that would never consider today's Wing. A typewriter is not better than a laptop computer with office software.

jasonv
Motorcycle: 2012 Goldwing

Postby jasonv » Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 pm

As long as they keep the new styling of the 2012 I will be happy. It is the best looking Goldwing every.

A sixth gear, electric windshield, and revamped electronic controls, Ford synch/bluetooth ect would be great

On edit- Buy the seat from HD- they know how to make comfortable seats. Lower the seat height by 4 inches.

thirdstorybase
Motorcycle: 1987 gl1200 interstate

Postby thirdstorybase » Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 am

SORRY, tvstaff. The Goldwing is FAR from dead as long as there are people on this forum and around the world riding them. no offense to all of the harley riders but for the most part the Harley rider is just a clone of the next HD owner. check out the rallys and runs and you will notice that the majority of the HD's all look the same unless they are tricked out. the goldwing is a much more majestic bike and is also as much an american bike as harley davidson. check out this website for some facts and fun concerning the Harley Davidson facade. once again if you ride a harley because you truly like the bike this post isnt aimed at you. its the HD sheeple that get under my skin.
http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/main.htm

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sun May 13, 2012 7:47 am

tvstaff wrote:I think Honda has lost their manhood. Japanese men always seemed a little, little, if you know what I mean.

The 2013 Goldwing will IMHO be for women and small men. Honda no longer makes a big man's bike. They know thay have lost to HD and hence will now make Goldwings in 2013 for limp wristed, transgender, city dwelling, metrosexuals.

The Goldwing is DEAD...

Long Live HD... If you want a man's bike and not a toy.

I see you have a "girlie" 92 Gl 1500 Honda listed in your signature line. Why isn't there a "man's" Harley listed instead? :oops:
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Mike 545
1995 GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby Mike 545 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 am

I agree, dingdong; tvstaff should get a HD Hog. But ... after riding a Wing, I doubt that he will like the ride.

I cruised to Chuang Yen Monastery in Carmel, New York yesterday; a round trip of 400 miles. It took 4 hours each way; I did not pull-over - I continued the ride to my objective. Harley riders do not do that; they pull-over about every 45 minutes. That is because their bike is not a comfortable ride, and it does not handle well.

What makes Harley riders men and real bikers? Harley and manhood is nothing but an excellent PR campaign. Oh, I forgot; they do get drunk in bars, and they do start a lot of fights. If that is the appealing aspect of their culture, than who ever likes it should allow gravity to pull them down toward the Harley level of consciousness.

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Postby Dogsled » Sun May 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Hey Mike, I see you own a 2012 and a 1995. Out of the 2, do you prefer one over the other? What would you say were improvments in the 2012 since we're talking about the evolution of the Wing
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

Mike 545
1995 GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby Mike 545 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:43 pm

The 95 is sportier; and up to this point, it has better gas mileage. I get 42 on a long cruise. The 2012 only gets 38, so far. The 95’s cockpit is calmer; it has less wind than the 2012 (I am considering a Vstream windshield). The 95 has more protection for my legs; it also has a heating vent for my feet.

The 2012 has superior balance, but it feels heavier. When I first got the 2012, it felt like the bike was going to fall over in a tight and slow left turn – sort of still does.

The 2012 handles heavy winds better than the 95. Wind gusts would mull the 95 around; sometimes the wind would even move the bike. That has not yet occurred with the 2012; I intentionally test rode it, when the area was having heavy wind gusts – 25 to 30 mph. The wind pushed on me, but the bike wasn’t bothered – it pushed through the gusts.

The 2012 has more tech: iPod integration, gps (works excellent), XM radio, and hand & seat warmers. The stereo is excellent (80 watts per channel); the 95 only had a tape deck; and it’s stereo wasn’t as clean.

The 2012's bags feel cheaper; and the top trunk's lid, even though it is closed, registers on the view screen as opened. I have to slam the lid down. How long can I keep doing that, before I break something? Oh yeah, the 2012 bags hold less stuff, than the 95's bags.

All in all, I prefer the 2012.

Dogsled

Postby Dogsled » Sun May 13, 2012 6:22 pm

I give you credit, I couldn't ride two big bikes alternating....well not anymore. Especially when they have such different handling. I guess that's why cowboys rode one horse (or at least preferred one) you get on it and know exactly how it's gonna react under every condition.

That was a nice review though. Since you picked the 12, I guess the evolution has worked for you. Now about your limp wrists......... :lol:

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Sun May 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Mike 545 wrote:I agree, dingdong; tvstaff should get a HD Hog. But ... after riding a Wing, I doubt that he will like the ride.

I cruised to Chuang Yen Monastery in Carmel, New York yesterday; a round trip of 400 miles. It took 4 hours each way; I did not pull-over - I continued the ride to my objective. Harley riders do not do that; they pull-over about every 45 minutes. That is because their bike is not a comfortable ride, and it does not handle well.

What makes Harley riders men and real bikers? Harley and manhood is nothing but an excellent PR campaign. Oh, I forgot; they do get drunk in bars, and they do start a lot of fights. If that is the appealing aspect of their culture, than who ever likes it should allow gravity to pull them down toward the Harley level of consciousness.

Typecasting only really shows that one does not understand another. It goes both ways. Wing riders typecast HD riders and HD riders typecast Wing riders. Back when I was young enough to recuperate overnight, I rode my Harley 900 miles a day. When I got down to 80 miles a day, I bought a Goldwing. I still can't ride 900 miles a day with the Goldwing, but I can ride 500. I still have a 1987 Softail Custom and nobody ever had to slow down because I came to a corner. No, the softail won't corner with a Goldwing, because of the extended forks and larger rake angles. Different bike for different purposes. Did I agree with tvstaff - No definitely not. Did I like that he joined here just to post that sort of stuff? Again, No, not really. Is it really of concern? A final NO.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sun May 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Agree with Vike on this one. . It is amazing how we do typecast on a lot of things. I will agree with this about TV....I wish the Wing had more leg room. That being said....I find more Goldwings still on the road 100+k miles on the odometer compared to an HD. Would I like an HD? Ya, but I would like it for the group and gathering...you definitely belong. Would I rather ride a GW? Yes, a lot smoother, more comfortable. I really have my eyes set on a Victory Vision but I must have a reverse gear. I was able to manipulate Ventures and Wings with my legs when I was younger, but I also used to drive a car without A/C....that A/C is really nice to have nowadays....so are seat-warmers, lol.

I do have some of the old time HD riders still "high-sign" me as we pass each other on the highway....funny, some of the newer HD riders I do not get that.

By the way Vike...why don't you have your HD on your description under your avatar? Just curious.

themainviking

Postby themainviking » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 am

Mag wrote:By the way Viking...why don't you have your HD on your description under your avatar? Just curious.

When I joined this group, which is a GOLDWING group, I thought it would be more courteous as a newbie to not list my Harleys. I do have pics of them in my photo album though. Then as far as correcting the profile, I was too lazy - and probably still am, :lol: Is it a concensus that I should?

ImageImage

Dogsled

Postby Dogsled » Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 am

In TV's defense, it was just his opinion and we should all be afforded that. He does have a Wing. I think a agree with him about the looks thing, somewhat. I hate the looks of the Victory Vision, to space age 'for me'. It prolly runs and handles great...... It's like that kid on American Chopper said "yeah, we'll make it look real space age and look like it's going 100mph sitting still" Then the old man says. "OK, get two wheels, the same frame, the same motor and we'll throw the space age crap to cover it all up." There really isn't much you can do to a bike with so few crucial parts to make a new different model every year. One of the things I dislike about my 97 is everything is so covered up with plastic, but it runs so and handles so great I overlook things like those things. I do whatever needs done to keep my 97 running, I like knowing everything about the bike and keeping my classic running.

BTW, I didn't like the looks of the new Wing either. damn Metrosexuals are taking over the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now where are my air pump, lED lit, velcro strap tennis shoes.......

riffraff
Motorcycle: 1983GL1100 std

Postby riffraff » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 am

Would someone please tell me just what a "MAN'S BIKE" is. It can't be a Hardley. I see more women in the drivers seats of them than I do Goldwings!! :lol:

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Tue May 15, 2012 8:19 am

I guess you've noticed that Tvstaff hasn't been back. He may be entitled to his opinion but at least be "man" enough to defend it. Fits the true definition of a Harley Wanna-be. Nothing but a lurker anyway. They hang around all forums just to chime in with controversial comments. And it seems we always take the bait. LOL
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Dogsled

Postby Dogsled » Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 am

Hey I quit reading at 'limp wristed, transgender, city dwelling, metrosexuals'....oh yeah 'women and small men'...My thought there was he assumed they don't deserve a bike.

But RiffRaff is right, women especially love those sportsters and they look good riding them. Even back in the day the Sportster always seemed to be the feminine counter to the big dressers.

I'd like to see Jesse James build a bike for a gay (optional) little midget that wanted a big V-twin engine. Now that would be a bike to see.

Hey this was a fun post if it was anything.

themainviking

Postby themainviking » Tue May 15, 2012 10:37 am

Dogsled wrote:women especially love those sportsters and they look good riding them.

I see an awful lot of women on Heritage Softails. And you are correct. Most women look better on them than men do - or maybe that is just my personal taste..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage

GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

Postby GreenDragon » Tue May 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Mike 545 wrote:The 95 is sportier; and up to this point, it has better gas mileage. I get 42 on a long cruise. The 2012 only gets 38, so far. The 95’s cockpit is calmer; it has less wind than the 2012 (I am considering a Vstream windshield). The 95 has more protection for my legs; it also has a heating vent for my feet.

The 2012 has superior balance, but it feels heavier. When I first got the 2012, it felt like the bike was going to fall over in a tight and slow left turn – sort of still does.

The 2012 handles heavy winds better than the 95. Wind gusts would mull the 95 around; sometimes the wind would even move the bike. That has not yet occurred with the 2012; I intentionally test rode it, when the area was having heavy wind gusts – 25 to 30 mph. The wind pushed on me, but the bike wasn’t bothered – it pushed through the gusts.

The 2012 has more tech: iPod integration, gps (works excellent), XM radio, and hand & seat warmers. The stereo is excellent (80 watts per channel); the 95 only had a tape deck; and it’s stereo wasn’t as clean.

The 2012's bags feel cheaper; and the top trunk's lid, even though it is closed, registers on the view screen as opened. I have to slam the lid down. How long can I keep doing that, before I break something? Oh yeah, the 2012 bags hold less stuff, than the 95's bags.

All in all, I prefer the 2012.

Thanks, a nice concise review, I appreciate that.
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

fastf
Motorcycle: 2003 honda goldwing

Postby fastf » Mon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Are you for sure this is what Honda is aiming at?Well everyone complained when the 2012 came out I guess this is their answer they are still not listening to the public that buy these bikes yet.

Dogsled

Postby Dogsled » Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

As popular as forums are and as influencial as they assume themselves to be....evidently, sales are up and that will always be the ruler to what a company does in the long run.

fastf
Motorcycle: 2003 honda goldwing

Postby fastf » Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm

When Honda comes out with this suppose to be bike people will say.I wish they would keep this and that like the previous models and after awhile you get use to the way they look and it doesn't really matter you are always gonna like one model better than the other you cannot please everyone .A Hybrid Goldwing I think that is kinda cool nobody so far has put this into total production yet have they?

Return to “Goldwing Chat”