Too funny

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
bubbzy93
Motorcycle: 1993 gl 1500 gold wing Aspencade

Too funny

Postby bubbzy93 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 am

Just a bit of a funny story here. After work today my wife and I headed an hour out of town to pick up the 93 Goldwing we just bought. The plan is I drive the bike while following her in the truck. I've never driven a bike this big before so I asked her to keep an eye on me. The weather was overcast and cool. About half way it's starts misting, not raining, but after 15 minutes of this the windshield (and this is a huge aftermarket one" ) is covered in mist, and then the sun peeks out from the clouds and I'm heading straight towards the sun, can't see a thing, so I slow down and stop. I'm kinda looking for something to wipe the windshield with, but have nothing. My wife takes off here sweater, right there on the side of the road, wipes down the windshield, smiles, and gets in the truck and leaves, I'm standing there with my mouth open in diss - belief....cars passing, horns honking..... Humph... I thought, big smile on my face... I can see now, let's carry on.
I just thought it was a funny story, and wanted to share..... And by the way.... The bike is awesome... But not as awesome as my wife :)
Larry

When in doubt, floor it and get the he'll outa there

Bamaeagle
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 w/Tow Pac
1997 GL1500

Re: Too funny

Postby Bamaeagle » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 am

WOW !! I think you should keep her........( the goldwing.....and also the wife...LOL) :lol:

Oh BTW.....use some lemon pledge on that there windshield and it will help on the rain issue and also on any bug issues you have too......heck I use the lemon pledge on my whole bike......... :D
JERRY

Ride Safe Always!!!

Roll Tide Roll !!

Darksider #1147

Double Darkside - Bridgestone Battlax BT45 130/70/18 Front, Achiles Platinum 195/60/R16 Rear (GL1800)

bubbzy93
Motorcycle: 1993 gl 1500 gold wing Aspencade

Postby bubbzy93 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks for pledge tip, and yes, I will keep them both
When in doubt, floor it and get the he'll outa there

zamboni920
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 SE with Hannigan 2+2 sidecar

Postby zamboni920 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Definitely keepers :lol: :lol:

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Welcome. I would buy my wife a nice present, like some flowers, as a thank you.

With the misty screen, in an emergency, I use a normal bar soap (small ones like you get at a hotel/motel), and lightly rub on and spread with your fingers, it might be a little smeary when it dries, but it does stop the misting. I would not normally recommend this to a rider with a wife that has the practicalities to clean it the way she did. She is definitely a keeper.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Congratulations on the "new" Wing and if that ever happens again instead of letting your jaw hit the road, grab the camera and share a pic withe rest of us.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 am

I have to say, This thread is worthless without PICTURES ! :lol: Sounds like a great ride, and a killer 'Ol Lady. . . .

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”