Any great mechanics in So CAL for a 78 GL1000?!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 78 GL1000 Gold Wing
02 Harley Sportster 1200
08 CRF 230L Dual Sport

Any great mechanics in So CAL for a 78 GL1000?!

Postby Laura » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 am

I am the proud owner of a 1978 GL1000. I have done almost all of the restoration myself and she has been my daily rider/commuter for almost 5 years. But! Last year I had a horrifying accident on my dirt bike and it has left me with a lot of irritating nerve damage in my right hand which does not allow me to do too much by way of big maintenance on my bikes. I have a silly carb leak now and need to remove and rebuild all four since they will be out as well as other routine stuff. I had a great mechanic here in Chino, CA but he retired and moved away. No one else here in So Cal wants to work on these old bikes? I keep being told....."if we break it we can't replace it". Does anyone have any reccommendations for a mechanic that is comfortable and confident in working on these older Goldwings? I would really appreciate it!!!

Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate

Re: Any great mechanics in So CAL for a 78 GL1000?!

Postby SKMURDOCK » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Sorry this took so long, but I could not remember the name.

A fellow Wing owner has used JBJCycles in Santa Ana, and very highly recommended them. To the point he has taken his from here in the Merced area to them to have a front to back service, repair, etc. done. Very customer friendly, again according to him, to the point of letting an owner hover while they are working on the bike.

Here is a link to their web site.
Good luck.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”