Mick-O-Pegs

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
captscotty
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 ABS
2010 Triumph Speedmaster
1991 FLHTC
2014 KTM 350XC-W
2014 KTM 250XC-W

Mick-O-Pegs

Postby captscotty » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

Been running Kuryakyn boards for a year and had the entire top plate, rubber and all, depart on me the other day. They've been OK I guess, but was wondering how folks like their Mick O Pegs. The DD scares me a bit with the bar outside the boot. I'm 6'2" so am considering KA, but being restricted to just 30 degrees of bank might not cut it since I'm an aggressive rider, even with feet forward. Just want to get something where the fairing isn't digging into my calf in the cruise mode, you know?

rufus15
Motorcycle: 2012 level 3 goldwing

Re: Mick-O-Pegs

Postby rufus15 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am

sorry the boards didn't work out for you.I have mick-o-pegs on my 2012 wing for about a month now. take getting used to for sure. mine were easy to install approx an hour, but found them to be some what difficult to locate when trying to set my feet at first. I have boots with a vibram lug soles that don't quite slide off the peg when trying to get to the factory peg for braking. (unnerving to say the least). found the mick-o-pegs to be very spongy with thoughts of foot drag if not careful. i have got to the point where setting my heel on the pegs and ball of foot on the top of the outside bar canting my feet out a bit seems to most comfortable. i'm looking at getting the boards along with the new linkage system called comfort controls by roadsmith introduced at the wing ding last month. you may want to look at that as well. hope this helps you, of course my experiences may differ from yours. good luck

captscotty
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 ABS
2010 Triumph Speedmaster
1991 FLHTC
2014 KTM 350XC-W
2014 KTM 250XC-W

Postby captscotty » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 am

Looked at Roadsmith...WOW they're not giving those away!! Lots of $ for 10 degrees of knee flex, eh? If the Mick-O-Pegs are too flexible, maybe I should look at an Ergo II with Switchblades or something. Main thing is to stretch a little without getting calf cut into by fairing. Search will continue...

Wingsconsin
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 - Pearl Orange
1996 GL1500 Aspencade - Pearl Blue
1992 GL1500 Aspencade -Candy Red
1983 Suzuki GS850GL - Blue & Black

Postby Wingsconsin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

I've had them on my GL1500 for several years.
They are typically not for use while taking corners that are more than a sweeping interstate road.
They will scrape the road surface when you lean over.
However - as a place to put your feet while grinding out highway miles they are superb.
Any new postion is welcome when doing 600 to 1000 mile days adnthe lower than other place is ideal for getting a good stretch in my opinion.

If you are riding the twistys - your feet should be on the regular pegs ;)

Postings are my opinions based on experience and acquired knowledge.
Your results may vary. Universal disclaimers apply.

Motorcycle Adventure Storys writen by me
http://neverlost-justexploring.blogspot.com/

Return to “Goldwing Chat”