Camping out grub Littlebeaver style

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Camping out grub Littlebeaver style

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Ok guy's, I love to motorcycle camp, I also love to grub, I'm gonna give you guy's a gift :lol: and you and your wife or mate or vice-versa will be so happy after they taste this. You don't need to be a chef or even a good cook, it's that simple, my family loves this stuff, I eat it until I turn green when I make it...It's the perfect dish if you want to impress a guest...My sister in-law served me up some of this grub when I was staying there in Louisiana, now I call it Littlebeaver's Soup..I took claim of it..I like it that much..It is only the best...I am getting hungry just thinking about it...Here' we go guy's....All you need is a pot and some garlic salt and black pepper and a few other things..Ok this is what I make for my family but it can be reduced for just one or two people...man this stuff is yummy.. Get you a sirloin steak, and two or even three cans of mixed vegs. the large veggies in a can, two cans of Rotel tomato mix stuff [mild.] Ok in that pot get it it hot and cut the steak in 1" chunks and drop it in the hot pot dry no oil, use some garlic salt on it and stir it until brown or near brown, drop in the two cans of Rotel [open them first you goofy] :lol: and let it boil for 10 minutes and stir it once in a while, then open the veggies and pour in the rest of it, let it simmer until mixed well, then my friends you will then have some of the best soup you ever had..Black pepper once it's done..Cornbread with butter to boot.. Now that's camping man Littlebeaver style..No No listen...if you want to impress your wife one day make this for her,, she will love you forever.. Next week Steak the Littlebeaver way...You really can't screw this soup up..Perfect every single time I grant you that. :D As a rule, it has to be beef, not pork, not chicken, but beef of any kind. Please tell me how you like it once you try it.. See guy's boiling the beef chunks in the Rotel tenderizes it really nicely and it's has a flavor you will crave until the day you kick off.. :D :D :lol: One of the joys in life..

SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Re: Camping out grub Littlebeaver style

Postby SteveB123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 am

What the heck is Rotel?
Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

Phunnybone
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD
1985 GL1200 LTD (#2)
1983 GL650i Silverwing (Sold to someone who'll make it roadworthy again)

Postby Phunnybone » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:45 am

gordon49
Motorcycle: 2010 Honda Goldwing

Postby gordon49 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 am

This sounds delicious. Will have to give it a try next camping trip

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Fella's I shall make believer's out of you, Rotel can be bought at Walmart, it is used in the famous chesse dip, you mix it in with Velvita cheese to make dip... I think you can get it in Hot too, but everyone here at my house likes it milder..There will be No left over's I promise..I never knew something so simple could taste so good..I would make some at home first, just to try it out first then stock your motorcycle camping buddies with your cooking abilities...Hey put your own spin on it if you want..Oh and there is simply no way in the World you could just eat one bowl..No way..My brain[what's left of it] always says more more more... :lol: :lol: Yep Littlebeaver soup is only the best Motorcycle camping soup ever..Yeh, I cut my steak up at the house and put it in one of those there tupperware containers :lol: , on ice in the Ice chest before I go on the trip..

speedy1
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing SE, 2004 Goldwing 1800, 2007 Honda Aero 750

Postby speedy1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:08 pm

WOW that really sounds good. If you are on a slim budget you can use hamburger meat instead of steak. Although the steak would be better. You can also cook some rice on the side to put in with the soup if you like rice..

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Yep, I bet you could, but i would leave the ground beef in larger chunks [1"] , but heck yes it's beef that would work fine...Oh there's a rule, if you go to use Chicken or pork you will need to change the name to your soup, because it's no longer LB soup... :lol: :lol: Yeh, I always pack some corn bread in too...Or, I will take some homemade pinto's with cornbread and some hot pepper's on the side. or frito's with the beans try that once....I think you guy's would enjoy my vittles..I always dice up some white onion to drop into the hot beans and a little butter for the cornbread and for the beans too..Hello.... :lol: :lol:

speedy1

Postby speedy1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 pm

LB, next time you cook up a pot of beans and cornbread....just E mail me some ok.. i got the onions.. :D

Oh yea I got some sweet tea also..

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 am

The secret I want beav, is how do you make cornbread when you are camping on a motorcycle??? :lol:
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:27 am

themainviking wrote:The secret I want beav, is how do you make cornbread when you are camping on a motorcycle??? :lol:

I don't, I pre make the cornbread at home, sometimes when I make it I will drop in plenty of cut up peices jalapeno peppers into the mix before baking...Good stuff :lol: Grandmother used real corn in her recipe,[ lost it.]....We were so poor growing up that sometimes beans and cornbread was all we had to eat..Growing up that way really makes you appreciate everything you get in life as you grow older..My children don't have a clue...They would probably die without AC if they went one summer without, all we had in the summer was a fan, not even a window fan either...

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Know exactly what you are talking about, my kids think roughing it is when the cable speed drops in half. My introduction to Rotel was my sister in laws sour cream and chile burritos, and since then have used them in creamy enchaladas, great stuff.Even scrambled eggs with sausage.
Proud member Patriot Guard

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am

I have done a lot of camping in my time, especially in the army. But I had (former) partner that thought that roughing it was not making a forward booking for a 5 star hotel.

I am now married to a much more realistic lady that knows that we can live high on the hog if we have to, or tone down a bit and live comfortably. She even started to learn to ride a motorcycle, but it was a brute of machine (kawasaki 650 - with a high centre of gravity), and after she laid it down a couple of times and did her hamstrings, she is not that keen at sitting at the front anymore.

All the same, I cannot eat highly spiced foods, so I will leave the recipe for someone that does.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am

littlebeaver wrote:Grandmother used real corn in her recipe,[ lost it.]....sometimes when I make it I will drop in plenty of cut up peices jalapeno peppers into the mix before baking

I make a cornbread with real corn, creamed corn, and either cornmeal or grits (either one works) into which I put jalapenos chopped up and strong cheddar cheese, and I make it with milk instead of water. It turns out like a casserole and must be eaten with a fork, as you could not pick it up and butter it, :lol: It is tasty, and best eaten warmed.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

speedy1

Postby speedy1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:14 am

Anyone make cornbread with buttermilk. The only way my mother would make it.. :) I even like cornbread and buttermilk in a bowl together.

Return to “Camping and Trailers”