20 thou service

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

20 thou service

Postby danw » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Well I have just completed the 20 thou miles service and many thanks to you all for the info on changing the air filter in particular, this was a job I was dreading however with the help of the excellent video link you guys provided it was a breeze took me about an hour to get the fairing and all the innards out and replace the filter, it wasn't a problem at all, all the rest went OK except for the final drive drain plug and filler plug. The filler plug was completely seized on had to take the exhaust off to get access to it with a pair of mole grips and after applying some heat it finally came off, took me 2 1/2 hours to get that done and then couldn't get it sealed again had to replace both plugs and washers before it would stop leaking. I probably spent 6-7 hours to do the job and a couple of hours on top to finally get the final drive plugs sorted. So having now pulled the bike completely apart as I had to take the front off too to sort a slack windshield mounting I don't think I will have many fears about doing anything else necessary to the bike. so thanks again all for your assistance. The only thing outstanding thing is that I cannot seem to get one of the bolts that hold the fog assembly/fairing to go back in, the bolt goes in no problem with the fairing out but as soon as I put the fairing back on it wont fit, bloody thing. In any case Bruce is now running like a dream if a little bit greedy and I need to paint the tow-bar mounting brackets and refit as they have gone a bit rusty. Then all done and its off to Thunder in the Glen at Aviemore at the end of the month, can't wait.

Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: 20 thou service

Postby bustedwing » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 pm

That's one of those things that you have to hold your tongue in your right cheek,while standing on your left ear, with the north wind blowing skyward,and the moon in the seventh house.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”