Embarrassing displays

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
laugh_daily
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade

Embarrassing displays

Postby laugh_daily » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:16 am

Gentlemen, Thru setting.on a side stand that fully extend, slipping on pine needles, a less bright, I tried adjust the towel it was mostly i sitting on. Finally, today i put my foot down in gutter which was recently 1/2 full of coarse sand by the DOT. I shouid sue! How do prevent these embarassing, minor injuries pride damaging,displays

Any help or ideas would be great but not $ able now

tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

Re: Embarrassing displays

Postby tom84std » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 am

Man I'm with ya. I've been wearing the exact same type boots for over a decade. They're cheap Wallmart boots but they are very comfortable and last about a year. I generally keep two pairs. One old, the other newer. The tops seem to last forever but the soles wear and become flat and treadless. I've ridden my 79 1000 several times all over Colorado. On the morning we embarked in 2005, I somehow got my boots mixed up and wore the old flat-soled ones. It was springtime, not yet summer in Colorado. I always get in a hurry to go because it gets hot in Texas about a month sooner than it does up there. Every time I've ever ridden Colorado I've always done it two weeks at a time. This time, on every road everywhere we went there was an unseen layer of coarse sand left behind by the sand thrower trucks because of the winter's snow, with round BB sized grains...Everywhere! Think about trying to maneuver a heavily laden bike at stops on a road covered with BB's while wearing flat bottomed shoes. After a week of slipping and sliding and pulling groin muscles trying to keep the bike upright, nearly dropping it a dozen times I bought a $25 pair of tennis shoes and threw those dammed boots away!

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: Embarrassing displays

Postby twostrokes48 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

I have also battled the pine needles. When on a trip in northern calif, I was in the Redwood forest...I took a small side rode into the forest and at one point pulled off the road to take some pics...well I didn't realize I was pulling into 6 inch deep pine needles. Was riding 2 up also. When I went to pull back onto the little paved road, when the rear tire got to the pavement at a 45 deg angle, instead of going up on the road, it just slipped sideways. Needless to say, I dumped the bike. When I went to put my food down, it just sank deeper and deeper into the pine needles. By the time I hit bottom, solid ground, the bike was already on its side. No damage to the bike, but I sure pulled a few muscles in the process of trying to keep it up. Wife wasn't too happy either. Stayed on pavement until we got out of there .

Return to “Goldwing Chat”