I'm still here.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

I'm still here.

Postby fysty-1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi all. Just recieved the notification of Seabee's win, I noticed that there was a sentance that went "Have you forgotten your User ID and/or Password? Your user ID is fysty-1. Click here to visit the password reset page, and then click Submit to reset your password.", so I got the impression that Scott or others had thought I was coming around anymore but that is far from the case. This is one of my favorite forums. It's just that I don't post much anymore. I don`t come by everyday but @ least once a week Just to catch up. Sometimes if I find a topic I want to keep track of but have no comments, I will subscribe. I will be looking for cruiser next year, if I can fine a good deal. Hopefully I will be having surgeryin the early new year. Anyway you all rider safe & enjoy the winter if you are in areas that allows year round riding. Cheers Angela aka fysty-1 :D :D :D :D

Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: I'm still here.

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 am

Glad to see you back there Fysty-1 up in the great White North..

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:14 am

fysty-1 wrote:Hi all. Just recieved the notification of Seabee's win, I noticed that there was a sentance that went "Have you forgotten your User ID and/or Password? Your user ID is fysty-1. Click here to visit the password reset page, and then click Submit to reset your password.", so I got the impression that Scott or others had thought I was coming around anymore but that is far from the case. This is one of my favorite forums. It's just that I don't post much anymore. I don`t come by everyday but @ least once a week Just to catch up. Sometimes if I find a topic I want to keep track of but have no comments, I will subscribe. I will be looking for cruiser next year, if I can fine a good deal. Hopefully I will be having surgeryin the early new year. Anyway you all rider safe & enjoy the winter if you are in areas that allows year round riding. Cheers Angela aka fysty-1 :D :D :D :D

Glad to see you back Angela! Don't worry, I wasn't singling you out - everyone gets that same thing in their newsletter. The problem is, that newsletter goes out to around 41,000 people every month. A fair majority of them would then come on, and not remembering their username and/or password, they would then email me to help them out, flooding my mailbox with (literally) thousands of emails. I realized quickly that it was in my best interest to include that little blurb to help people help themselves. :) I still get about 100 or so emails each month from people who can't remember their username/password, and I can deal with that.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 pm

wow that sounds like a nightmare .. :shock:

fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

Postby fysty-1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks all. I sure wouldn't want your job. I'm a mod on another forum & so far it hasn't been a problem. Cheers Angela :D :D :D :D
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I use Roboform to keep track of my usernames and passwords, and that has been a lifesaver for the sites that I dont visit often, (unlike this one). It is easy to use, and will even generate new (complicated) passwords for you, but it is a good idea to print them out from time to time, just in case.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”