E-Bay return policie

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
flash2002
Motorcycle: gold wing 1800

E-Bay return policie

Postby flash2002 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am

Boy, did E-Bay piss me off, I was looking for a rear disk for my 1982 ing. I saw one on E-Bay for a low bid , the ad said, it would fit the 1100 so I sent him a e-mail to make sure it was the right one, he said yes, so I won the bid. When I received the disk, it was the wrong one, the one he sent had 4 holes, mine has 5, so I told the guy Wabout the problem, he said send it back for a refund. The problem here is: he said I have to pay for the return shipping to get my refund. I contacted E-Bay about this problem, and they said, yes, I have to pay the shipping to get my refund. What kind of a stupid policy is that, I have to pay to get my money back for his mistake, boy was I pissed. I decided to keep it and try to sell it here, the trouble is, I don't know from which bike it's from and the seller doesn't seem to know, what an idiot. Boy, did I get screwed. Now I have to figure out where the disk is from.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: E-Bay return policie

Postby cbx4evr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:44 am

That's pretty well standard buying anything on line. If you want to return it you have to pay to ship it back. I know it was the sellers mistake but that usually doesn't mean much. Were there pictures of the disk in the listing so you could compare? You have to know what you are buying before you click that purchase button.

It's really no different than buying something at the local Walmart. If you want to return it you have to get it to them. So it costs you time and money to drive your car over and return the item. You can't phone Walmart and expect them to come and pick it up.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

flash2002

Postby flash2002 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:42 pm

cbx4evr wrote:That's pretty well standard buying anything on line. If you want to return it you have to pay to ship it back. I know it was the sellers mistake but that usually doesn't mean much. Were there pictures of the disk in the listing so you could compare? You have to know what you are buying before you click that purchase button.

It's really no different than buying something at the local Walmart. If you want to return it you have to get it to them. So it costs you time and money to drive your car over and return the item. You can't phone Walmart and expect them to come and pick it up.

I understand what you mean, he had a picture of the disk, to me it was the right one. After I got it, then that's when I saw the difference, in the picture the disk had 6 holes, my disk has 5 holes and the one he sent me has 4 holes, the one in the picture wasn't even the one he sent, He told me it came off a 1100 Goldwing, I dont think so.

cbx4evr
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000

Postby cbx4evr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

I think I would take this a little further with either eBay or PayPal. To me you have a strong case if he sent you something that was different from what he had in a picture. contact the seller and tell him you want a full refund including return shipping because he sent you something different than what was pictured. Mention that you intend to file a claim with PayPal if he doesn't accept the return. Be clear to eBay or PayPal that you received something different from what was listed.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

In addition, I would start the Paypal claims procedure immediately. You can always cancel it after everything has been ironed out, but you already contacted the seller, and he did send you a part different than the one he sold on ebay. You should have a right to a full and complete refund, including return shipping.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

hockeystuff54
Motorcycle: 1980 honda goldwing gl 1100

Postby hockeystuff54 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

they have buyer protection on ebay and if the item you got is not identical to the picture he posted e-bay will give you a full refund and will charge the sellers account for it ,just follow the links to get your refund,i went though somthing similar and ended up with full refund ,and shipping ,the process works great ,

skier
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200I 124k
2009 Honda Silverwing 14k -- the wife's scooter

Postby skier » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm

As has been suggested, first contact the seller and explain the problem. If he doesn't respond to your liking, file a claim under ebay buyer protection. I'm both a seller and buyer on ebay, I only ship what is pictured, and have also received full refunds due to receiving something that was not pictured or described correctly. The system does work.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 am

You haven't said if you paid with PayPal. If you did then you're okay. If not you're toast.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

flash2002

Postby flash2002 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm

dingdong wrote:You haven't said if you paid with PayPal. If you did then you're okay. If not you're toast.

Yes, I did pay with pay-pal , E-bay told me I have to pay the return shipping, and this guy ( honda_racing_09 ) just about told me to go screw myself, nice guy.

cbx4evr
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000

Postby cbx4evr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Do you have the item number for what you bought or a link to the expired listing.

Time to file a claim with PayPal and ebay.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 am

Yeah! Forget e-bay and the seller. File a complaint with Paypal. They will probably get you a refund, if the product doesn't match what was advertised. Sometimes the picture isn't what is advertised but there is usually a disclaimer stating that fact. Good luck!

Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”