Ride Home

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Don A
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200 Aspencade

Ride Home

Postby Don A » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Something happened and I just wanted to share it with everyone. Last night riding home from work just enjoying a perfect bike riding night I was traveling through a rural area when suddenly three deer appear from nowhere. One shot completely across the road from left to right. The second one decided to pause at the center line ever so breifly before darting on in front of me. Riding the breaks hard and swerving to the right I thought I'd missed it. WRONG! Suddenly I felt and heard a THUD right behind my left leg. The bike never bobbled or anything. Coasting to the street light I checked the bike. About a 2 inch crack in the corner of my saddle bag lid. Appearently it hit the crash bar beside the saddle bag. Further inspection showed the latch bent also. Circling around I went to check the deer. It was lying on the shoulder dead. I continued home and explained to the wife what happened and we decided to go back with the truck and get the deer (wasn't going to let it go to waste). When we got there the deer was sitting up looking around. As I approached it, it got up and looked around at us and ambled off into the tall grass. What could have been a disaster turned out to be quite humorous. The wife took of pic of us together.
Attachments
Two luck one's
Two luck one's

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: Ride Home

Postby bustedwing » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Thankfully it didnt turn out as bad as it could have both for you and the deer. But you can put a notch on the handlebar,you made it thru one!
Proud member Patriot Guard

bwagner6
Motorcycle: 1986 Gl1200A Aspencade

Postby bwagner6 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 am

Deer are a big problem where I live also.... Just had a group pass across the road in front of me a couple days ago. Glad this worked out for you as it could have been a disaster. Ride on safely my friend.

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 am

This is a little off-topic, but where is Villa Ridge, IL? I'm west of Chicago and have heard of Villa Park and Park Ridge but not Villa Ridge.

Don A

Postby Don A » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Villa Ridge is about 10 miles north of Cairo IL. Down at the very southern tip of the state. Pretty much a wide spot in the road.

Don A

Postby Don A » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Maestro I used to stay in Crest Hill and work at Stateville prison. You anywhere close to there?

Return to “Goldwing Chat”