You can't make this stuff up lol

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Possum51
Motorcycle: 04 Harley-Davidson Road King

You can't make this stuff up lol

Postby Possum51 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:17 am

Very long story made as short as possible. Sense my back surgery in mid July this year, I've had problems with my broadband internet going in and out. I've had 12 tech's come to my house in that time and replace everything from the pole across the street up to and into my house. They came out again today to replace the modem for the second time after 3mins still same ole same problem and the new modem goes dead. I noticed that the "tech" set the new still in the box power supply for the new modem on my desk and it was still there. I ask....umm you use the old power supply for the new modem, answer ummmm yeah. So I check the power supply and its almost too hot to touch. Soooo, I changed the power supply and guest what....Problem solved!!! As it turns out the last time they changed the modem they used the same power cord and never replaced it, so its been the problem ALL this time and they've spent thousands of $$$$ replacing everything but the right thing when all that had to be done was simply touch the dang thing with your hand or USE to power supply that came with the new modem....

Rick.....

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: You can't make this stuff up lol

Postby cbx4evr » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:31 am

I noticed you put the word "tech" in quotes.

Enough said.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

mooseye
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500 SE Red

Re: You can't make this stuff up lol

Postby mooseye » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm

haw haw haw, that is so funny.
My cable tv has been blinking and skipping for 10 years. They have been here so many times they know us by name.
I have told them over and over that I don't think the problem is on our end, but they just keep changing out stuff and new cables and what not. It will seem to work better for a couple of days and then guess what? Blink, skip, bla bla bla.
I suggested they put a monitor on it so they could see when it happens and their reply was "do you know how much that would cost?" haw haw haw.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”