Finally correct cable length!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

Finally correct cable length!

Postby tom84std » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 pm

I hate to badmouth anyone without being sure. But I ordered a pair of throttle cables for my '84 STD a couple weeks ago from Saber. They arrived two days before I was due to leave for Colorado. They were a full 6" too short. I had no choice but to completely reroute them in a completely half-a$$ed configuration and go with it. When I got back home I wrote Saber and informed them of the error. I waited a week. They did not respond. Finally gave up and simply ordered a new set from Bike Bandit. It was a coin toss because they had no data on the correct length, but I ordered them anyway. Well they came in today from Bike Bandit. They match the old ones 100%. They are finally the proper length. I oilbagged them in the old English fashion and will install them on the morrow. Done finally!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Finally correct cable length!

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

With the huge number of people who have documented exactly the same sort of experience you have just had with Saber Cycle, it's beyond me why anyone would knowingly choose to spend their hard-earned money with these crooks.

If you haven't already, let other people know of your experience: http://goldwingdocs.com/Vendors/Saber-Cycle_880 - click on "Rate/Edit this vendor"

wjnfirearms
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Postby wjnfirearms » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:58 am

Customer service is a dying thing and it shouldn't be. One of the main principles of the large and very well known auto parts chain I manage a store for has customer satisfaction as their foremost thing and if the customer is not satisfied, there is a problem for sure. This is something that every consumer should insist on from wherever they buy. There's way too much competition for this principle to remain absent.

I still wouldn't give up on getting some satisfaction from Sabre. There's no reason for them to keep your money and you be stuck with the wrong articles. I'm a pit bull on things like this. If they don't respond to you again, I'd contact the Attorney General's office in the state they are in and file a consumer complaint. Most every state has this now and if my experiences with this agency here in Pennsylvania are any indication, you will ultimately get your satisfaction. Do a Google search for the AGs office in the state Sabre is physically in and go to their consumer protection page. It may take some time to process and for them to investigate and deal with Sabre, but it is the best way to proceed. The BBB is largely without teeth and unless the business is a BBB member business, there's little to nothing they can or will do.
Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 am

wjnfirearms wrote:I still wouldn't give up on getting some satisfaction from Sabre. There's no reason for them to keep your money and you be stuck with the wrong articles. I'm a pit bull on things like this. If they don't respond to you again, I'd contact the Attorney General's office in the state they are in and file a consumer complaint. Most every state has this now and if my experiences with this agency here in Pennsylvania are any indication, you will ultimately get your satisfaction. Do a Google search for the AGs office in the state Sabre is physically in and go to their consumer protection page. It may take some time to process and for them to investigate and deal with Sabre, but it is the best way to proceed. The BBB is largely without teeth and unless the business is a BBB member business, there's little to nothing they can or will do.

They are in Missouri, and let me help you out with that: http://ago.mo.gov/consumercomplaint.htm

Saber Cycle's contact info can be seen here: http://goldwingdocs.com/Vendors/Saber-Cycle_880

SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Postby SteveB123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Or Doozek Ltd.
Or Barracuda Bike Parts.

All at the same address.

Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

Return to “Goldwing Chat”