"Oh" Yonder be a Storm Coming

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

"Oh" Yonder be a Storm Coming

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Ok, so who's going to get hit by Susan, just how mad is she? ain't lookin real good for you City folk up there...Might break a Window or two...Might be a terd floater.. :shock:

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: "Oh" Yonder be a Storm Coming

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Sandy dumbass... :lol: :lol:

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:06 am

[color=#408000]Between Sandy trying hard to be a nuisance on the East Coast; earthquake on the west coast of Canada; and a tsunami for Hawaii, mixed in with a bit of snow -do they pay you extra to put up with things like that?

No snow, (well occasionally (like once in ten years) we get some white stuff), so no salt, and able to ride year round. It is also the driest State in the driest (inhabited) continent, so we dont have to worry too much about rain. We live a short distance from one of the premium wine growing areas, and there are no bad beers, - some people think this is pretty good. I know I do.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

How's the Pizza there? Do you guy's have Taco's there? If not you should invite me to come start a Taco business there, my Taco's are the best in the entire World ya know... :lol: :lol: I was just wondering how many guys here were going to be affected by the storm...My Taco's are called Littlebeavers famous Taco's :lol: here's how you make them, ground beef, corn tortilla's, fry the torts but not crisp just quickly until soft on both sides and set aside, pat oil off best you can with a paper towel,,,use garlic salt, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic salt, onion power, and some ground cumin, season and cook meat drain oil from meat, add lettuce, tomato, and onion,and cheese, add sour cream and some pace pacante sauce and you have littlebeavers best taco's ever..equal amounts of seasoning...Heee haaa... :lol: Hurricane Taco's these taco's are the best in the World...to me... :lol:

rooferx
Motorcycle: 95 aspy

Postby rooferx » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Im,in Maryland been raining since yesterday really picking up in intencity,we"re forcasted 50 to 80 mph winds..its really blowing out there now hope power stays on...usually count on riding on sundays but sandy messed that up this week( sandy sucks)

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm

rooferx wrote:Im,in Maryland been raining since yesterday really picking up in intencity,we"re forcasted 50 to 80 mph winds..its really blowing out there now hope power stays on...usually count on riding on sundays but sandy messed that up this week( sandy sucks)

I spent ~5 years or so living in Maryland, and there's one thing I learned: Any time there is any kind of inclement weather, you can count on the power going out for extended periods of time. I have never lived anywhere where the power went out as often, and as for long, as it did in Maryland - and I've lived in a lot of places. Two-day power outages were looked on as just a normal part of life! I couldn't believe it. If I ever moved back to Maryland (and I wouldn't), I'd be buying (or building) a whole-house generator.

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 pm

My nephew lives on the Outer Banks and I'm sure he's bailed by now. I lived in Virginia Beach WAAAAAAY back when and when there was a quarter inch of snow you may as well stick your head up your butt because you were not going anywhere. But I had watched on T.V. before coming to work and North Carolina was being hammered with snow. They can have it. I want a winter like last year!!!!!! Rode all winter with few exceptions.

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

redial wrote:Between Sandy trying hard to be a nuisance on the East Coast; earthquake on the west coast of Canada; and a tsunami for Hawaii, mixed in with a bit of snow -do they pay you extra to put up with things like that?

No snow, (well occasionally (like once in ten years) we get some white stuff), so no salt, and able to ride year round. It is also the driest State in the driest (inhabited) continent, so we dont have to worry too much about rain. We live a short distance from one of the premium wine growing areas, and there are no bad beers, - some people think this is pretty good. I know I do.

[color=#FF0000]I'd love to retire to Australia. I've never been there but I believe I could do well there.

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 am

I'm over here in Michigan and we have high winds and rain! We've been without power since 4:30 pm yesterday. What a bummer, don't know when they'll get the power back on.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am

wally wrote:I'm over here in Michigan and we have high winds and rain! We've been without power since 4:30 pm yesterday. What a bummer, don't know when they'll get the power back on.

We've had high winds and rain here near Cleveland since yesterday morning. It got really bad last night. A huge tree on the house across the street from me was blown down overnight, fortunately it blew into the road, and not onto a house.

thirdstorybase
Motorcycle: 1987 gl1200 interstate

Postby thirdstorybase » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 am

nice and chilly in Florida, us Floridians are mourning the loss of the H.M.S. Bounty, she was an icon of the Tampa bay area for as long as i can remember. thankfully the coast guard was able to rescue the crew. the ship was a fine one and will be missed in the downtown harbor. hope everyone else is safe and doing well up north. Hopefully we don't lose any GoldWings in the storm.

MJSantos
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I
1983 GL1100 Custom
2002 Shadow
1983 Honda Magna V45

Postby MJSantos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:56 am

Dodge the bullet here in York. Just a boatload of leaves down but no damage. Checked on my daughter in Maryland and surprise she still has power.
The "Down Under" really sounds good right about now.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm

My goodness, high winds clear over to Kansas...

WingAdmin
Site Admin
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

littlebeaver wrote:My goodness, high winds clear over to Kansas...

Have a look at this site, which shows winds across the US in real time - it's pretty fascinating:

http://hint.fm/wind/

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Near Lake Superior today recorded a gust of 41 mph. In central U.P. we had gusts 17 mph but no rain , further north snowing.
Proud member Patriot Guard

redial

Postby redial » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 am

The scenes that have been broadcast on TV show sights that are hard to comprehend. And it has turned colder as well. Yesterday was a bit warmer here, but the 9% humidity makes it all bearable. Oz can comfortable, and it can be a beast, but it is still called the "Lucky Country". Unemployment is around 5.2%, the AU$1.00 buys around US$1.03, and there are still a lot of mining jobs available if you dont mind "fly in - fly out" arrangements or living in fairly remote places.

Of course, Oz is only about an hour away, and then you are on the aeroplane and wake up in Oz. There are direct Qantas flights from DFW and LAX direct and non-stop - so you get to watch four movies if you are that way inclined, or sleep if that is your want. From American and British friends that have visited here, it is easy because we mainly speak English, we are generally friendly, there are great swimming beaches (with sand), fishing, golfing, and motorcycling. Come on down, the weather is fine, and the scenery is different. I can show you around if you would like a guide.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm

:shock: Who are you speaking to ??? Me :lol: :lol: Can I bring my Taco's :lol: :lol: I know them there women folk would love me, it matters not where I go, they are the same everywhere.... :lol: :lol: :shock: Phil I guess I could swing south in my hondaboat... :lol: inside joke...

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Watching the weather and news channels evedently nothing happened except in NY and NJ. I got more info from around the Great Lakes on this site than I did anyere else. I realize NY has a lot of people, but the storm affected a lot more of the country then NY and NJ.
Proud member Patriot Guard

redial

Postby redial » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm

:shock: Who are you speaking to ??? Me :lol: :lol: Can I bring my Taco's :lol: :lol: I know them there women folk would love me, it matters not where I go, they are the same everywhere.... :lol: :lol: :shock: Phil I guess I could swing south in my hondaboat... :lol: inside joke...

I will speak to anyone on this board :D . You can bring Tacos, but leave the salt behind, as you North Americans do not know when to stop with the salt. Oh, and I do not like spicy food, now, but once I did. I think because the gall bladder reached its 'use by date' before most of the rest of me, the consideration is that I lay low on spicy food.

But bring whatever, and whoever, with you, and you will be able to enjoy our summer if you arrive before Christmas. You might even enjoy coming down to the beach for Christmas Day - and that would be something different.

I trust that you are all safe and well, and that your GW have not been damaged. Keep warm and dry.
Len in Kapunda

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Thank You, did you hear that guy's, were are all invited... :lol:

redial

Postby redial » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:38 am

Little beaver. It was announced on TV tonight that the Adelaide (capital city of the State of South Australia) Mayor has just announced that he is making it easy for people to set up food vans around the city's lunchtime locations. You would need a van (either a caravan or a facility mounted on the back of a light truck) that is fitted out with hygienic facilities for the type of food that you are prepared to sell. There are currently no Taco vans in the mix.

So you had better pack your bags, get a visa (and if you are going to sell things, you will not be able to stay on a Visitor visa), but getting one shouldnt be too much of a trouble - just tell them that you are a GW rider come to enjoy the sun :P As long as you dont have too many convictions for drugs, thuggery, or crimes of violence, you should be alright. It is cheaper to apply for a visa from your local Australian Consulate's office, and they should either be online, phonebook, or able to be visited if one is nearby.
Australian Consulates

Chicago
Denver
Honolulu
Houston
Los Angeles
New York
New York UN
San Francisco

So you should be able to find one close to you - and excuse to go for a ride.
Here is a list of Australian offices:

Len in Kapunda

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:11 am

Hey Beave! It would be great to go "down under" It all sounds so nice especially the weather. Can I book passage on your Honda boat? As you can see we survived the storm here in Michigan, the winds have died down, the rain quit, and the power has been restored now all I have to do is clean up the fallen trees and branches. Feel sorry for those on the east coast though with all the damage they've sustained and so many without power still and even worse those that have lost their lives.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

I have a chainsaw and I'm hell on trees, I feel like hooking up my trailer and hauling ass to affected location to help out I could get several 5 gallon cans of gasoline in my trailer.. They need gasoline there badly...If we got folks from the outside to bring in gasoline by the cans maybe they could get out of that line and go elsewhere to fill up their tanks, away from there...What the heck are they thinking..something should have been thought out better...I also have a pressure washer too for clean up...Hummm.. I can see a boatload of bikers with trailers of gasoline coming to help out these cages... :shock: Water, food, ect. they need portable outhouses on every corner, these people need to go potty, I'm not trying to be funny this is serious...They need food and water and warm clothes, fire wood...Toilet paper.. We need to take care of our own..I want to see helicopters with supplies like yesterday to these people...I want to see boats arriving with supplies too and thousands of Red cross folks on the ground..I know what it's like to be affected by a bad storm, my parents put everything they had into a motel in Aransas Pass, Texas back in the 60's and a hurricane came through and messed it up.. :shock:

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

wally wrote:Hey Beave! It would be great to go "down under" It all sounds so nice especially the weather. Can I book passage on your Honda boat? As you can see we survived the storm here in Michigan, the winds have died down, the rain quit, and the power has been restored now all I have to do is clean up the fallen trees and branches. Feel sorry for those on the east coast though with all the damage they've sustained and so many without power still and even worse those that have lost their lives.

The Bever spends to much time eating pizza,and is still behind working on that HONDA boat. Thank God the Lord didn't choose him to build the ark.He would take thousands of years to complete for sure.So don't hold your breath in waiting for pictures of the HONDA boat. As for the storm, it did get even over here and just about blew down my big back fence.I now am in the process of replacing 4 big posts.But I can't complain,I have a roof over my head and plenty of toilet paper.
WA9FWT Phil

WA9FWT Phil

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I checked on those direct flights but they said I couldn't park my wing in the asle beside my seat so I said never mind. But I too, would like to one day take a long (months) vacation to down under and see what I could. I wonder what it would cost to rent a wing for 3 months?? Of course, if I am ever going to do it, I shouldn't wait much longer. I ain't gettin any younger. The doc is trying to get me off my bike and I am getting a bad case of the fall aparts lately. BUT, I got another roll of baling wire, two new rolls od duct tape and I'm putting myself back together as we speak. So if I can get my ticker to stop acting up, I can patch the rest of me back together for awhile longer. Maybe I'll plan a trip soon.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”