Goldwing trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2009 goldwing motor trike

Goldwing trike

Postby silverfish » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok, I'll admit it! I'm 66 and fall over once in awhile. So I'm looking for a good (nice looking) trike.
My wife has "liberated" my 2012 motortrike, so I have limited access to ride. I need to get something for myself, so I'm looking at a 2012 goldwing, but I need it triked out.
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with an opinion on the different trike kits
Comfort is king!

Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Goldwing trike

Postby redial » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:04 am

I have been considering this for the last few years, but local products are not what I am looking for as being suitable. The items that I have put high on the list are:
Raked front to at least 4.5 degress
a reliable fitter with lots of experience and satisfied customers.

I have a personal view that the Hannigan meets my criteria.

If you look through the for sale lists on the various sites you may find one close, but make sure you see it, or someone you trust sees it, and rides it to let you know about it. Make sure you get the title at the time of handing over the money, and ask for a photocopy before you complete the transaction to make sure there is no money owing on it. Be careful, but be right.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Motorcycle: 04 Harley-Davidson Road King

Postby Possum51 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 am

did a google search found these folks,

Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:27 pm

I didn't have the funds to do a complte purchase trike kit to keep riding ( at 73 I do fall down ) Had to get something to have the wife still ride with me. I added a kit made by TowPac Inc.
Best thing I ever did.It has so many advantages that I can't name them all :) I sure wish you luck with that new purchase.

Motorcycle: 1985 GL 1200 LTD, 1984 GL1200 Interstate, VS 700 Suzuki Intruder.

Postby Ghostrider52005 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:40 pm

I also bought the wife a 84 interstate that had the 12 inch towpac insta trike kit installed already. My cousin had a voyager for years but I didnt like the bouncing wheels on less than perfect roads.
Other than the obvious that you CAN get the rear wheel off the ground with the towpac off road which isnt a horrible problem you just stop let it roll back and take a slightly different angle, theres really little to no difference in it and a full trike conversion.
I have several friends with trikes wings and HD. Ridden them and they have ridden the wifes bike.
As far as handling cornering ride etc none of us could tell any difference. In fact one of the HD trike guys did his level best to get her to price her bike making an offer that was more than i paid or expected anyone to offer for that old a wing but he wanted it for his wife.
At 54 and not in the best of health but I can still hold up the LTD as long as it doesnt get over too far on me :lol: But there a lots of times I will take her bike out for a run just because the darn thing is fun to ride and very relaxing to ride. Cant say im ready to trade in two wheels for a trike just yet but when the time comes ill likely just get a tow pac and put it on the LTD.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”