Please tell who or what made you buy a Goldwing

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
bones6599
Motorcycle: 08 gl1800. Prev. Owned cb350, cb450, cb550-4, cb650, 2 750's,250 Yamaha, vf1100c

Re: Please tell who or what made you buy a Goldwing

Post by bones6599 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:39 am

I bought my first bike when I was 15, a 250 Yamaha on/off, after a couple of months pushing it more than riding it, it went away. The next year I bought a '74 450, I rode the hell out of it. One day riding hard, I blew the upper jug gasket, right above the exhaust, 45 mi from home, loud as hell, she'd only do 40 or so but got me home. Then I bought a '76 cb 550-4. Put 30,000 on it, never a problem whatsoever, picked up a '77 750 supersport, vetter fairing and trunk, loved that bike. I even had at the time a '73 cb350 that was a winter project. Taught my wife how to ride with that, I'd be on the 550, we'd go see her mom (about 30 mi.), Come home and jump on the 750 and cruise for a bit. Then I became a truck driver and ended up just keeping he 750. After a couple years we bought a house and I sold the bike for lack of space. I got to ride a friend's 1500 in he 90's and fell in love, one Month ago learned of a guy who was two years ahead of me in school, was selling his gw. 20 mi from my house, talked to him, rode it and a week later have it. GOD I love this machine! Have always loved Honda's reliability. Now we can ride again!! Be safe all.

NevadaDave
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500SE

Post by NevadaDave » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:17 pm

I started out on a CB350 when in the USCG. After I got out, I had another CB350, but when I got married, our first anniversary present to one another was a brand-new 1976 CB750F. We rode that a lot, but when we moved to Nevada, it got parked in the garage and wasn't ridden for 18 years. After the kids were out of high school, I decided to get it back on the road again. It ran OK, but my wife wanted something with a bit more comfort & protection. I still was leaning toward a sportier ride, so we bought a '93 Kawasaki Concours. Fast & fun, but (for me) very uncomfortable with the tucked up riding position. After riding the Connie for a few years, my wife said that we should look for a Goldwing, as we had borrowed a friend's 1200 several years back & really liked it. We found a '99 1500SE at a good price & bought it. We've had it several years now, and my wife really likes the seat & added armrests. She sometimes falls asleep as we are riding, and I told her we need to add a seat belt to keep her from falling off! We haven't put all that many miles on it (about 25K or so) as most of our rides are fairly short, just local day trips. Long trips are pretty much exclusively in the car or van, as we typically go to visit grandkids & end up hauling a variety of clothing & whatnot. We also occasionally bring a grandchild or two back with us!
The longest one-day ride I've done is up to Portland, OR. It wasn't as enjoyable as I would have liked, for a few reasons - there is an incredibly annoying "droning" sound right at around 65-70 mph that is brain-deadening - if I shift to 4th, the drone goes away, but fuel consumption goes way up; the buffeting from the big windscreen is like someone constantly slapping my head sideways; the chassis has a very scary wobble in fast sweepers, and the seat was modified in the past by someone adding an inflatable air bladder, and I found it impossible to find a comfortable setting. I need to have the seat re-done with some firmer foam.
Overall, it is more comfortable that the Connie & carries a lot more stuff, but is not as comfortable on long trips as I thought it would be.

ktmbill
Motorcycle: 1992 Goldwing 1500, Ktm250xc-w

Post by ktmbill » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Ive had a few bikes over the years, Rode a friends Goldwind and went out and bought a 1992 Aspencade, wow only 33000 miles and very well kept, my wife loves her seat. will have one from now on,,

newday777
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry to sell 36,000 miles

1999A Restored and sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Post by newday777 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Dave
Your description of the droning is you probably have aftermarket mufflers on it. I'll include a picture of the stock 99 mufflers.
NevadaDave wrote:I started out on a CB350 when in the USCG. After I got out, I had another CB350, but when I got married, our first anniversary present to one another was a brand-new 1976 CB750F. We rode that a lot, but when we moved to Nevada, it got parked in the garage and wasn't ridden for 18 years. After the kids were out of high school, I decided to get it back on the road again. It ran OK, but my wife wanted something with a bit more comfort & protection. I still was leaning toward a sportier ride, so we bought a '93 Kawasaki Concours. Fast & fun, but (for me) very uncomfortable with the tucked up riding position. After riding the Connie for a few years, my wife said that we should look for a Goldwing, as we had borrowed a friend's 1200 several years back & really liked it. We found a '99 1500SE at a good price & bought it. We've had it several years now, and my wife really likes the seat & added armrests. She sometimes falls asleep as we are riding, and I told her we need to add a seat belt to keep her from falling off! We haven't put all that many miles on it (about 25K or so) as most of our rides are fairly short, just local day trips. Long trips are pretty much exclusively in the car or van, as we typically go to visit grandkids & end up hauling a variety of clothing & whatnot. We also occasionally bring a grandchild or two back with us!
The longest one-day ride I've done is up to Portland, OR. It wasn't as enjoyable as I would have liked, for a few reasons - there is an incredibly annoying "droning" sound right at around 65-70 mph that is brain-deadening - if I shift to 4th, the drone goes away, but fuel consumption goes way up; the buffeting from the big windscreen is like someone constantly slapping my head sideways; the chassis has a very scary wobble in fast sweepers, and the seat was modified in the past by someone adding an inflatable air bladder, and I found it impossible to find a comfortable setting. I need to have the seat re-done with some firmer foam.
Overall, it is more comfortable that the Connie & carries a lot more stuff, but is not as comfortable on long trips as I thought it would be.
Attachments

Last edited by newday777 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newday777
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry to sell 36,000 miles

1999A Restored and sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Post by newday777 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:26 pm

This is a 98 Aspencade with the same stock mufflers as the 99 and 2000.
Attachments

NevadaDave

Post by NevadaDave » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am

Those mufflers are what I have on my 99. I have read that the source of the drone is a crossover in the muffler system, and that if it is plugged, one won't hear that drone, but I have not looked into that yet.

Mountain rider
Motorcycle: 1986 Aspencade SEI 1200

Post by Mountain rider » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:46 am

My motorized two wheel experience started with Vespa's and Tule Troopers. My Dad had a dealership, so when I wasn't helping assemble them, I was riding them. These are great vehicles, but not very manly, so a Suzuki 125 and dirt biking became the deal. Sold that when I went in the Military, but a few years later the itch came back and I picked up a Honda 500 from my then BIL. It was nice, but he thought it would make a great chopper, so he added extended fork tubes and stuck a sissy bar on the back. To say I was tippy toeing when we stopped was an understatement, so one day when the wife went shopping with her mom and sisters, I tore it down and installed the original parts. The wife was pissed, but I explained it would be far safer this way so she relented a bit. Still not happy, we took a ride which was very prophetic. We picked up a nail in the rear tire which went flat quickly and made stopping just a little exciting. Now she understood and was fine with what I did. A couple years down the road, she and the 500 were gone. A few more years later, I picked up a nice little Honda Hawk and a new wife (this one has stuck with me through the years). For two up trips, the Hawk was just to small, so we sold it and picked up a CB900 in fair condition. Nothing fancy and needed some work, but ran good and made longer rides more comfortable. On a short trip to the PX, the chain let go and destroyed the transmission, so based on cost vs value, it went away. When I got stationed closer to home, we were visiting my family and my youngest brother had just picked up Goldwing 1000. He let me take it for spin and I was hooked. Then a colleague showed up with an Aspencade, I thought that was the most beautiful bike I'd ever seen, and was bound to have one, one day. Harley's were nice, but too industrial for me. The Wings were elegant and just seemed to float quietly down the road. Needless to say, my career and life took over. Multiple assignments overseas, retirement and starting a new career in Civilian life, moving for work, and the death of my youngest daughter, kept the Wing on the back burner. Now, two years from retirement, a 1986 Aspencade fell into my lap for a price I couldn't refuse. All those years of dreaming have finally come to fruition. We've had two plans for retirement, sell the house, buy an RV, and full time it, or buy a bike, keep the house, and see the country. This bike starts that plan. Over my life and 20 year+ military career, I've been to 23 states and 5 foreign countries, and realized there is so much more than just my back yard. My Wife of 32 years and I plan on seeing as much of it as we can before we can't do it anymore.

Mr Magic Fingers
Motorcycle: 1991 1500A

Post by Mr Magic Fingers » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Mountain rider wrote:Now, two years from retirement, a 1986 Aspencade fell into my lap for a price I couldn't refuse. All those years of dreaming have finally come to fruition. We've had two plans for retirement, sell the house, buy an RV, and full time it, or buy a bike, keep the house, and see the country. This bike starts that plan. Over my life and 20 year+ military career, I've been to 23 states and 5 foreign countries, and realized there is so much more than just my back yard. My Wife of 32 years and I plan on seeing as much of it as we can before we can't do it anymore.

I applaud you... standing ovation actually.

Too many people want to wait until they are retired to start to explore the world or anything past their back yard. They never think to take in to consideration Health issues and Wealth issues that might prevent them from making that dream come into reality as they age.

The world is a big place full of big ideas and cultures. I am happy you got to see a bit of it in your career. There is more to the world and getting along with one and other than what you can see out the kitchen window.

I have only been to a handful of the States, every province and territory here in Canada and have been to 16 countries. Every single trip has made me a better person... regardless if it were on my Wing or in a plane. Go enjoy your country!

Tim
1) Experience - something you don't get until after you need it.
2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
3) DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT? WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER?

My PHOTO ALBUM http://goldwingdocs.com/UserPictures/Mr ... gers_39232

julimike54
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A original owner
2016 HD FLTRU

Post by julimike54 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:19 pm

I'd been admiring Wings since the 1100. Rider magazine convinced me I had to have a Wing with the 1200 evaluations. So about 30 years ago I bought mine, it's been so good I kept it. As the wife says it's part of the family now, not for sale!
Riding anything is a good day!
Mike

Katphish
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100

Post by Katphish » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Hey !
My 1982 GL1100 Wing was given to me three year's ago by my Uncle Bill, Who bought it from My Uncle Mike, who bought it from my Uncle Bob! Its been in the family since 1991. Its a heirloom. I love it. Was tempted to sell it, but decided it does everything I need, to perfection. So why sell it. And its just not replaceable. So I'm going to maintain it as long as I can. Its got just over 78K on the clock.
Kelly

gwbldad
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 Interstate

Post by gwbldad » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:41 pm

My first Goldwing was purchased from a co-worker's cousin because of the reputation and specifications of the bike. He spent more time cleaning and polishing the 1975 than riding it, so he thought he would sell it to someone who would appreciate the ride more than the showroom floor appearance. I sold the 1975 when I purchased a 1983 Interstate in 1998 that was also in showroom condition, even though it had 40K miles.

peltonjohn
Motorcycle: 1984 Gold Wing GL1200 Aspencade
2000 Yamaha V-Star 600 (sold)
1990 Suzuki Savage 650 (sold)

Post by peltonjohn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 am

WingNutJC wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 am

Have just spent 20 mins describing my Wing experiences and then the board asks me to log in again and all of that is gone. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!
This has happened to me several times. WingAdmin, is there a way to fix this?

LeMaitre
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Aspencade
1975 CB550F Super Sport

Post by LeMaitre » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pm

peltonjohn wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 am
WingNutJC wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 am

Have just spent 20 mins describing my Wing experiences and then the board asks me to log in again and all of that is gone. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!
This has happened to me several times. WingAdmin, is there a way to fix this?
I can't offer an answer but I can give you a work around. Type your experience in Wordpad or Notepad. Then copy and paste into the reply box.

Yes I would like to read your story.

-Mark
1985 GL1200A

peltonjohn
Motorcycle: 1984 Gold Wing GL1200 Aspencade
2000 Yamaha V-Star 600 (sold)
1990 Suzuki Savage 650 (sold)

Post by peltonjohn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 am

Thank you. My story was posted May 4th.

Wingnut Mutt
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Aspencade

Post by Wingnut Mutt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:50 am

My dad had several Wings when I was a teenager, but for some reason I never got into riding at all until I was married (my wife had a license but not a road-worthy bike). One day, we went to a motorcycle dealership and were checking out used bikes. Before going in, my wife said, "DON'T let me buy anything!" When we left, she had put a deposit on a V30 Magna and I had put one on a 1978 GL1000 with less than 2K miles on it. Of course, then I had to learn how to ride and get a permit, so I practiced on her old non road-worthy Honda 175. Got my permit, picked up the Wing, and have been riding them since. One of my current rides is the GL1200 Aspencade I replaced the 1000 with 25 (?) years ago.

tylers883
Motorcycle: 81 GL1100

Post by tylers883 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm

My gl1100 interstate was only $2000 and it matches my personality.

Im the kind of person that is happy with a pick up truck or an old luxury car. The gl1100 is a bit of both.

It doesnt have to shine and it doesnt have to be the best performer. Meanwhile, it is reasonably reliable, shows well, and provides me with a list of small projects to work on.

If it lasts till my retirement, which it probably will, ill restore it 100percent.

raven41951
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800
1994 GL1500SE (sold)
1995 VT1100 C2 Shadow ACE (Gifted)
1975 Kawasaki 500

Post by raven41951 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:48 pm

My first bile was a Honda Super 90 that was a hand-me-down in 1969. Next came a 305 Super Hawk (6mos old 300 miles). I procured a CL450 in the same time frame of owning the 305. I then had a fall on a grate steel bridge and destroyed my right elbow. Doc said I would never be able to move it again, but two painful operations and two years later I had a moving right arm but could not do anything with it without the fear of breaking it. Fixed the bike 6 months after the accident and rode over the same bridge and then no steel grated bridges for a long, long time.

Of course during all this the 750 and the 'wing came out but not working for an extended period gave rise to the dreaded fundsrlow disease. Things turned around, got married, two daughters, work, night school and raising two girls did not leave enough for a bike.

Time passed, girls finished college and an opportunity to get a 1100 shadow ACE came along which brought the bug back out in full force, a GL1500 followed a test drive on the 2013 Indian (Polaris) and a 2013 F6B as I could not decide which to get. Two years later and this forum convinced me to stick with the Goldwing. I wanted a post 05 1800 to get PFI and the frame fix. Spent another year or so looking for the right used 1800 until last fall (October 2016) when I found a new GL1800AC at a drastically reduced price and one look and I knew that was it for me.

As you can see I have always been a Honda man (I did have a Yamaha 650 for a few months), and every time I ride the new 'wing I get that ear-to-ear grin you just can't shake. At 66, the wing will probably be my last bike, as it will last longer than me, but what a way to go. I am sure my grandkids will have fun on grandpa's "old man's bike". If they only knew.

DCTruncale
Motorcycle: current: 2012 Honda Goldwing (Navigation)
formerly: 2007 Kawasaki VN1600 Nomad
1995 Kawasaki VN88 (1500) Vulcan
1998 Suzuki Intruder 800
1976 Honda CB 500 T
1972 Honda CB 175

Post by DCTruncale » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Comfort, Reliability, Longevity, Quality.

I also asked some motorcycle officers what they recommended for the best bike with those qualities above.

The Goldwing was the overwhelming response. I figured they should know.

I've had my 2012 for about 18 months now, and put about 30,000 miles on her.

The cops were right! :)
<><david

The Master is coming...
We are not done yet.

ALEX3425
Motorcycle: 1982 750sc Nighthawk 1984 gl1200 Interstate

Post by ALEX3425 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Jumping into this a little late but I think this is a good thread to keep going. It was a long road to my 1984 Interstate. I got my first MC ?(80 cc Yamaha) in 1969. That started the long road. First new one was I believe 1970? Honda CB 170 Then a new CB 350. Many more followed.
One of my favorites was a 1969 BSA 650.Quick. And yes a couple of the then big Milwaukee Twins. In 1993 I had a new 600 Shadow but it just did not have any power.(CA smog bike)
Found a 81 Interstate which I used to ride from So. Ca to Central Oregon. But went on the road and gave both bikes to my sons.
Retired 2 years ago and started to look for a used bike again. Bought a 1982 Nighthawk. Great condition. Great for around town but not a long distance traveler at my age.

I knew I wanted another Wing and I had decided I wanted a 1200. I found one and I think this will be my last one. So the answer to the question of why I bought a Goldwing is there is nothing quite like it all things considered.I have owned a lot of bikes over the last 48 years and I think this 33 year old Wing is the best one I have ever had.

C-dub
Motorcycle: 2016 Goldwing Audio/Comfort/Nav ABS
Previous bikes:
2005 Hayabusa
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
198? Suzuki GS850G
1983 Suzuki GS1100E
198? Honda XL250R
197? Suzuki GT185
197? Suzuki 90 dirtbike

Post by C-dub » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Good evening ladies and gents.

We've had our new Wing just under a month and I just had the 600 mile service done this morning. I know, shame on me for taking so long to get this many miles on her. Our longest ride so far has only been about 55 miles, but I have other 150-300 mile trips planned to help get our bike legs back before taking any overnight or multiple night trips. Most trips, so far, have been to and from work and that's only 23 miles to and from.

I've been riding for over 40 years and licensed for about 36 of those. Our last bike was a 2005 Hayabusa that we sold about 5 years ago. That was a great bike and we had a lot of fun on it, but this time my wife wanted something more comfortable and something we could take trips on. We were moving on in our lives and I didn't think I'd ever ride again, but she really started questioning me about my desire to have another bike about a year ago. Then finally around 6 weeks ago stepped up her game and flat out suggested we get another one. She said cruiser, so naturally I thought she meant cruiser. She's smarter than me and being mostly a Suzuki guy I gravitated towards their Boulevard BOSS. I showed her a picture and she thought it was ugly. I thought it was gorgeous and so did our teenage daughter. My wife said she was thinking more like Goldwing and my perception of Wings was that they were motorhomes on two wheels and I don't like motorhomes. I like the idea, but not all the extra stuff that goes with owning and operating one, let alone where to park the thing. Anyway, I started reading a bunch about both bikes and started getting worried about the Boulevard. Then I went out to check both of them out one day and found how uncomfortable the Boulevard was to me and how amazing the Wing felt.

I was shocked at how easily I stood it up from the side stand. For a 900+ bike it really didn't feel much heavier than my 400 pound lighter Busa. I wanted the 2017 White one, but the passenger/financial advisor/smarter better half liked the black 2016 that was nicely on sale. A couple days later I'm riding the black 2016 one home. SWEET ride.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

garwil
2002 ST1100

Post by garwil » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

C-dub wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 pm
Good evening ladies and gents.

We've had our new Wing just under a month and I just had the 600 mile service done this morning. I know, shame on me for taking so long to get this many miles on her. Our longest ride so far has only been about 55 miles, but I have other 150-300 mile trips planned to help get our bike legs back before taking any overnight or multiple night trips. Most trips, so far, have been to and from work and that's only 23 miles to and from.

I've been riding for over 40 years and licensed for about 36 of those. Our last bike was a 2005 Hayabusa that we sold about 5 years ago. That was a great bike and we had a lot of fun on it, but this time my wife wanted something more comfortable and something we could take trips on. We were moving on in our lives and I didn't think I'd ever ride again, but she really started questioning me about my desire to have another bike about a year ago. Then finally around 6 weeks ago stepped up her game and flat out suggested we get another one. She said cruiser, so naturally I thought she meant cruiser. She's smarter than me and being mostly a Suzuki guy I gravitated towards their Boulevard BOSS. I showed her a picture and she thought it was ugly. I thought it was gorgeous and so did our teenage daughter. My wife said she was thinking more like Goldwing and my perception of Wings was that they were motorhomes on two wheels and I don't like motorhomes. I like the idea, but not all the extra stuff that goes with owning and operating one, let alone where to park the thing. Anyway, I started reading a bunch about both bikes and started getting worried about the Boulevard. Then I went out to check both of them out one day and found how uncomfortable the Boulevard was to me and how amazing the Wing felt.

I was shocked at how easily I stood it up from the side stand. For a 900+ bike it really didn't feel much heavier than my 400 pound lighter Busa. I wanted the 2017 White one, but the passenger/financial advisor/smarter better half liked the black 2016 that was nicely on sale. A couple days later I'm riding the black 2016 one home. SWEET ride.
I found that having the bike my wife likes, has really increased her interest in riding with me.
When she rides with me, I work hard to make it an enjoyable experience for her.
I hope you have many miles of fun together.

C-dub
Motorcycle: 2016 Goldwing Audio/Comfort/Nav ABS
Previous bikes:
2005 Hayabusa
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
198? Suzuki GS850G
1983 Suzuki GS1100E
198? Honda XL250R
197? Suzuki GT185
197? Suzuki 90 dirtbike

Post by C-dub » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:50 pm

garwil wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm
I found that having the bike my wife likes, has really increased her interest in riding with me.
When she rides with me, I work hard to make it an enjoyable experience for her.
I hope you have many miles of fun together.
Thanks.

With school starting soon, that should have our daughter occupied during the day, so maybe we can get some 2-4 hour trips in during the week when our days off sync up. Then after she graduates in a few years we should be able to make some longer ones more often.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

Xciler8
Motorcycle: 99 GL1500 Aspencade
05 Suzuki 1200 Bandit
02 Suzuki DRZ 400S

Post by Xciler8 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 am

My hobby is motorcycle "travel" .....long trips.....and I finally found a girlfriend that likes to do it with me..........I bought a Goldwing for one reason only...
THE BACK SEAT!
If she's happy then well....you know the rest.
We've now traveled in all lower 48 States with the Goldwing and an Alaska trip to happen next year. It is the perfect bike for 2-up touring.........'99 Aspencade

bentleyss
Motorcycle: 1999 cbr1100xx Blackbird,
1995 GL1500 / Hannigan 2+2

Post by bentleyss » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Been riding motorcycles since 1962 ( first one my brother and I purchased from the pages of Rod An Custom magazine, amimi bike) . Anyway, after that it was bike after bike. Honda 50s, 90's Suzuki TS 90's , BSA,Triumph, Ossa, Bultacos , more Hondas, and the list goes on,choppers, crotch rockets, dirt bikes, street bikes .Everything except a big comfortable cruising bike. My wife rode on the back off my VF1000R for the last time in 1988 and jurist didn't enjoy it..so..I started to think about a Goldwing cause I like Hondas, and I've always wanted a sidecar. So this past May, the 31'st to be exact I got both as a package and I don't understand why Imwaited so long . We've been up to Wisconsin and back and are planning ongoing to the Sidecar ralley in Arkansas the first week in October. She enjoys it so I get to ride more , it just keeps getting better. I still have my CBR1100xx...but the wing is for the wife and grandkids 😁😁and me.

Swagonmaster
Motorcycle: 1990 gl1500 SE

Post by Swagonmaster » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 am

I had wanted a wing ever since riding on the back of one in 1976. I was riding a cb750 at the time which was a smooth riding bike but no where near as nice as that 1000 cc road rocket that I was given a ride on. Now that I'm retired the wife said I could have all the bike that I could buy with cash, no financing allowed. I rode a shadow spirit 1100 for a while but it is not comfortable enough for long trips so I started looking for a wing that was affordable. Enter my new to me 1990 SE, I had wanted the comfort and reverse gear but cruise control didn't hurt either. So now it'seems time to ride off into the sunset and enjoy.