Hannigan trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
felon
Motorcycle: 2004 gl1800 goldwing

Hannigan trike

Postby felon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 am

I bought my trike in Tennessee and rode it home to Arizona. Beautiful ride I might add. However I noticed a pretty harsh ride and when I got home took it to a local Honda/Trike guy here in Tucson. Verdict: both rear shocke bad. They were Progressive shocks and had lifetime warranty. Shocks removed and sent to Progressive to be re-built. Guess what. That type of shock had been discontinued for some time and the new pieces were on back order. Also Progressive needed proof that Hannigan put them on with the trike kit. Long story short, my bike was in the shop for a month and a half. But thanks to Jim from Hannigan, Kyle from Progressive and Roger Gangwer from C&R Cycles here in Tucson all is resolved. Kudos to all three of them. If any one needs work done a Honda/Trike C&R Cycles and Trikes is the place to go. Good people. :D :D :D

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Hannigan trike

Postby redial » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Otherwise, are you still happy with your Hannigan? I had selected Hannigan as the preferred trike configuration for when I save my dollars to have my 1500 triked, and was looking for another opinion. You might like to address the ride, comfort, what is good about them, and what is bad about them.

Thanks for your response.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:50 am

Why on earth did it take a month+ to resolve that issue??? Those men would not be getting KUDOs from me after that length of time!!!!
How many miles on the trike portion? This is the 1st time I have heard of shocks being worn out!
I have about 12K smiles on my 2010 Hannigan now and how nothing but praises for the performance/smoothness/quality of the unit thus far.
Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the GenII released for the 2012/13 Wings! Ugly is the word, IMO.
If I were in the market for a conversions for a 2012/13, I would be leaning towards a Road Smith!

felon

Postby felon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:12 am

My understanding is that all the needed parts were on back order. I do believe that if Hannigan had not been involved, it would have taken longer. My local guy here burnt up telephone lines to Progressive. And finally Kyle @ Progressive put my name at the head of the list. There is only 35,000 mi. on the bike so don't know why shocks went. Maybe defective??? But I do really like it. Can't wait to get it back today. Gonna be 73 here today. :D

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:54 am

Thanks
I'm just stunned that Hannigan could not send a pair as they build units every day or Progressive claims the back order excuse as they supply these IAS shocks to others besides Hannigan.
If it takes much longer, Edlebrock is also a manufacturer of IAS shocks.

felon

Postby felon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:57 am

All I know is that after Jim at Hannigan got involved, shocks were here in less that 2 weeks. I'm back up and runnin' hopefully by noon today. Should be in the mid 60's by then soooooooo. :lol:

fr1tz
Motorcycle: 1982 Aspencade CSC Trike

Postby fr1tz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey felon HAPPY BIRTHDAY and happy to hear your back on three wheels ride safe - fr1tz PS I hope I make it to 73 'GOD Bless' - fr1tz
Never ride faster than your guardian angle can fly

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I second BOTH of those motions, bday and make it to 73.
Proud member Patriot Guard

kerrsys
Motorcycle: 2010 gl1800

Postby kerrsys » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 pm

I agree....I'm a Roadsmith (Trike shop) guy and have been treated very well by Doug and Company.

IMHO, I would hope that the Trike Shop would've sent me some shocks and dealt wih the b/O issue in the background. SO, i could be on the road with my trike.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”