How I built my Trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
fr1tz
Motorcycle: 1982 Aspencade CSC Trike

How I built my Trike

Postby fr1tz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!! just finished uploading my 1982 Gold Wing Aspencade Trike pictures to GoldWing Doc's if interested they are listed under fr1tz's images, this is truly a back yard (home made) trike conversion if anyone has any questions please ask, so far I have just under 10,000 miles on it and everything looks good no cracks in the swingarm or framing bearing also look good. I'am happy so anyway if anyone is planning on building one lets talk - lots to talk about Thanks - fr1tz oohhh have a safe holiday

Never ride faster than your guardian angle can fly

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: How I built my Trike

Postby cbx4evr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Awesome job. Looks like oyu have a pretty nice shop to work in. Now you have to paint your trailer to match.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 pm

cbx4evr wrote:Awesome job. Looks like oyu have a pretty nice shop to work in. Now you have to paint your trailer to match.

I know that feeling of riding a peace of s""t back in 72, but I'am about to retire soon and at my age I need the comforts of home and something that won't fall over - fr1tz

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:20 am

How did you acquire the CSC kit??? I thought CSC would not sell to individuals!

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:06 am

tfdeputydawg wrote:How did you acquire the CSC kit??? I thought CSC would not sell to individuals!

I lucked out and heard that a small cycle shop in northern Ohio had a factory reject behind his shop which is where Pickens Plastic is located (out of business now that they lost the contract with CSC - the defects where all minor stuff ) I got it for $200.00 "WHAT A DEAL" then it cost $800.00 for all the accessories from CSC in Virginia, this was not a kit!! fr1tz

tfdeputydawg

Postby tfdeputydawg » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 am

WOW! I never find anything like that!!!!!!!!! $200 for something that would normally be $12,000+
Great find and good job on the install!
BTW, you say it was not a kit. What do you mean? Were "things" missing or what?
We need details of this wonderful find and the job done to get you on the road.

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:15 pm

tfdeputydawg wrote:WOW! I never find anything like that!!!!!!!!! $200 for something that would normally be $12,000+

When you buy a kit you get everything except paint, tires & wheels, a new swing arm, differential, suspension all comes in a kit. I purchased the rear cover by itself remember I said it was a factory reject so it was never part of a kit. fr1tz

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 pm

fr1tz wrote:
tfdeputydawg wrote:WOW! I never find anything like that!!!!!!!!! $200 for something that would normally be $12,000+

When you buy a kit you get everything except paint, tires & wheels, a new swing arm, differential, suspension all comes in a kit. I purchased the rear cover by itself remember I said it was a factory reject so it was never part of a kit. fr1tz

PS this cover is probably valued at $2,000.

tfdeputydawg

Postby tfdeputydawg » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 pm

What a tremendous find and a job well done!
I wanted to build my own but, only 3 manufacturers allowed this. After testing several, those 3 never made the final cut.
Dawg

fr1tz

Postby fr1tz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Well all I can tell you is I searched every where for available parts and info for a long time before starting this project, I purchased the cover from North Coast cycles in Jefferson, ohio the rear differencial from eighty two auto wreaking, wheels brake lines and other odds and ends on e-bay, i got the metal channel from liberty steel and all CSC parts from CSC in virginia also you can not cut and reweld axels so I purchased new from moser axel company in indianapolis and to pull the hole job together King Colision painted everything to match the original parts. that is not a kit!!!! it took better then a year to get all my thoughts and facts together before starting. it took all summer of 09 to actually put it together.It was fun fr1tz

Return to “Goldwing Chat”