Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:22 pm



I arrived home from work today to discover a large, wrapped package. It had "fragile" written all over it, and the post office had therefore made sure that the package was thoroughly stomped on, crushed and mutilated. I didn't hold out much hope for its contents.

I tore the paper off, and my wife squealed with delight. "A new crock pot!! You shouldn't have!"

"I didn't," I said.

The crock pot
The crock pot


I opened it up, and this time *I* squealed with delight. It's a care package from our very own Littlebeaver!

Me with birds
Me with birds


One US, one Canada. I love them! Thank you so much Beav, I do have to admit - when I saw the pictures you posted of you making them, I thought; "wow, I'd really love to have one of those." But I didn't want to say anything. Apparently I didn't have to!!

My wife wants to know if they are for inside or outside. She insists they are to be hung inside, but I told her the wind should blow them so the wings flap, outside - but is the paint OK for outside?

Thanks so much! They're wonderful!!!!! Wow, do we have some great users on this place!!!!

US Eagle
US Eagle

Canada Cardinal
Canada Cardinal



User avatar
HALBUDD
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: New Albany In
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby HALBUDD » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Yep Littlebeaver sure does make some nice birds.
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

User avatar
redial
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 am
Location: Kapunda, SouthAustralia
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby redial » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Hey, they are sweet!

LittleBeaver,

What are you like at Kookaburras? If you are willing to undertake the work, I am willing to pay you for it. (I am pretty useless at most of the practical things.) So strike up a good rate for labour, materials, and postage and handling, and I will send you the funds (PayPal???). You do good things.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby themainviking » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 am

Seeing those items in the pics you put up WingAdmin, I have to say.... Really Friggin' Kewl, Mon........ Lil Beav, you are a most talented and considerate beaver.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
wjnfirearms
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm
Location: Portersville, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C
Contact:

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby wjnfirearms » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Yep, Beav, you are talented for sure. I'd like to have one of those eagles myself.
Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm

You are one lucky family there with gifts like that.What a surprise.It's gifts like that, that never quits.Every time you see it you will think about one big Beaver. Who would ever think it would end like this over a belt Buckle. It just goes to show how people can have fun on
a motor cycle site and share what ever.My hats off too the Little Beaver for putting up all the times we kept him wondering and guessing.
I know the Little Beaver had to use his talents on building things like this while we wear teasing him or he would have gone completely nuts. :roll:
My hats off also too Todd ( RoadRogue ) for starting this whole trend. :D
WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:28 pm

WingAdmin wrote:I arrived home from work today to discover a large, wrapped package. It had "fragile" written all over it, and the post office had therefore made sure that the package was thoroughly stomped on, crushed and mutilated. I didn't hold out much hope for its contents.

I tore the paper off, and my wife squealed with delight. "A new crock pot!! You shouldn't have!"

"I didn't," I said.

P1080776.JPG


I opened it up, and this time *I* squealed with delight. It's a care package from our very own Littlebeaver!

P1080773.JPG


One US, one Canada. I love them! Thank you so much Beav, I do have to admit - when I saw the pictures you posted of you making them, I thought; "wow, I'd really love to have one of those." But I didn't want to say anything. Apparently I didn't have to!!

My wife wants to know if they are for inside or outside. She insists they are to be hung inside, but I told her the wind should blow them so the wings flap, outside - but is the paint OK for outside?

Thanks so much! They're wonderful!!!!! Wow, do we have some great users on this place!!!!

P1080774.JPG

P1080775.JPG


I bet with all the hot air in that house at times, those wings may flap! I just had to say that ha ha hi hi

WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
Mag
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Location: Silverlake, WA
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby Mag » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am

SQUEALED?!?!?! I can just imagine.....
- Her holding her hands to her cheeks, squealing....
- You opening it up, you holding your hand to your cheeks.....squealing....
....like a couple of 14 year olds at a Bieber concert. lol.

Isn't stuff like that neat?? Good job, Beav! Great work!

User avatar
maestro319
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: West Chicago, IL
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby maestro319 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 am

Ha Ha Ha ! You guys crack me up!! BTW, you are one talented guy Beave.

User avatar
artib270
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Almo,Kentucky
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade,2003 ninja 600rr

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby artib270 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 am

wow those birds are nice! il bet you could build remote control airplanes also. nice beaver!

User avatar
cbx4evr
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(
Contact:

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby cbx4evr » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Well you did better than me. I got some plans to work from. Now I need some wood and a lot of warmer weather.

Are these actual size drawings??



Maybe I should have asked for the price of a completed unit.

Thanks Littlebeaver.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 am

You can hang these outside no problem, I like hanging them from a long line off a tree limb that way they can swing around all they want without hitting up against something , I use a large nut and tie the string to it and throw it up over a limb and then I can raise and lower it using that line....House paint is used then poly clear minwax, it will last a while in the weather but if you wish to keep this forever hang it in the garage in the corner, or barn...Up under a porch out of the rain..The wood will split if left out in the hot summer and rain. I have a friend that has a cardinal on his porch for 5 years now.. Still good.. :shock: Glad you guys like it..I'm full of surprises, ain't I Vikingman..ha ha :lol: ooooh something might be brewing... :lol: If the wood gets broken or something just let me know I can make another one.. :lol:

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 am

littlebeaver wrote:You can hang these outside no problem, I like hanging them from a long line off a tree limb that way they can swing around all they want without hitting up against something , I use a large nut and tie the string to it and throw it up over a limb and then I can raise and lower it using that line....House paint is used then poly clear minwax, it will last a while in the weather but if you wish to keep this forever hang it in the garage in the corner, or barn...Up under a porch out of the rain..The wood will split if left out in the hot summer and rain. I have a friend that has a cardinal on his porch for 5 years now.. Still good.. :shock: Glad you guys like it..I'm full of surprises, ain't I Vikingman..ha ha :lol: ooooh something might be brewing... :lol: If the wood gets broken or something just let me know I can make another one.. :lol:


Little Beaver......did you get my PM Video ?
I know you are a busy Beaver, but ,but but ? Just wanted to know !

WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes, I was able to view you're video early this morning, I absolutely loved it Phil, the camera was steady and you narrarated it perfectly....You should post it here Phil, everyone would enjoy it, I laughed at least three times and smiled the whole time I watched it, how old are those apples, wuz they good ?... I hope you don't turn green in the morning...How long have they been in the garage.. You're a nut... :lol: I didn't see you're bike... :shock: Or was it under all those tools..That's quite a antenna you got there fella.. Phil you sound much older than me, that's for sure..Is that a Wis. accent...? You gotta post it man...Funny stuff.. :D

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:16 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Yes, I was able to view you're video early this morning, I absolutely loved it Phil, the camera was steady and you narrarated it perfectly....You should post it here Phil, everyone would enjoy it, I laughed at least three times and smiled the whole time I watched it, how old are those apples, wuz they good ?... I hope you don't turn green in the morning...How long have they been in the garage.. You're a nut... :lol: I didn't see you're bike... :shock: Or was it under all those tools..That's quite a antenna you got there fella.. Phil you sound much older than me, that's for sure..Is that a Wis. accent...? You gotta post it man...Funny stuff.. :D


I guess I better answer you on all. The apples I came across making my first video, and they had sat all winter in that box.I love to make apple pies, and I get them free from my brothers tree.The bike is always in my brothers garage during the winter,and as you can see there is no room for a bike.The towers you see are of coarse for my Ham Radio set up.Been in radio since I was 18 and now 73. I have been in Wi
all my life,so maybe just maybe, I have a accent :lol: :lol: Watching home video's is like watching some one else's boring trip movies.
Thats why I have not posted it on here. WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
wally
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Yale, Michigan
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby wally » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Aw come on Phil post the video, inquiring minds want to see it! Hey I'm planning on taking an amateur radio class in late February and March with my two sons and a nephew, though I don't have a radio yet. (got any advice?) Maybe some day I'll be able to talk to you over the airwaves

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 pm

wally wrote:Aw come on Phil post the video, inquiring minds want to see it! Hey I'm planning on taking an amateur radio class in late February and March with my two sons and a nephew, though I don't have a radio yet. (got any advice?) Maybe some day I'll be able to talk to you over the airwaves


Glad to see that your two son's and you have a interest in the hobby of amateur radio. It is a hobby that has many different aspects
in communications,such as television, morse code, digitel, rtty, and of coarse voice.I have friends that bounce signals off the moon and back to earth.No end to this hobby! It's easy to get started by taking a class and having some one be your elmer. Go to some of the radio
clubs meetings. your always welcome by any amateur radio club.Most of the ham's are wanting to help you get started,and are proud to show off there radio station.Most of the astronauts that fly over your head are hams,and you can hook up with them too.
Good luck,and have fun....WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Phil, Wally wishes to view you're video and I'm sure others would love to see it, it's a good shoot... I really liked it, I found it to be very entertaining and they will love it.....I'm glad I'm not the only person with a mess in his garage,,I clean mine up once in a while and in three weeks time, its back to a mess again..Gremlins I guess.. :shock: :shock: You know that tree in your back yard there... sure would look sweet with one of my American flag Eagles flying from it.. :shock: :shock: You never know, I am in the giving mood these days... :D Don't tell Todd or Wing Admin. but I'm working on a Canadian Eagle special for each of them,,,but don't tell ok.. :shock: :shock: we must keep it to ourselves... :shock: This one will be signed...Those are priceless...50 million American dollars can't buy one :shock: because there's only one place you can get one of these in the Whole Wide World with my name on it like that.. :lol: :lol: And that's from me personally. :lol: . What branch of service did you serve in Phil...???

User avatar
RoadRogue
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Castlegar BC, Canada
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby RoadRogue » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Phil, Wally wishes to view you're video and I'm sure others would love to see it, it's a good shoot... I really liked it, I found it to be very entertaining and they will love it.....I'm glad I'm not the only person with a mess in his garage,,I clean mine up once in a while and in three weeks time, its back to a mess again..Gremlins I guess.. :shock: :shock: You know that tree in your back yard there... sure would look sweet with one of my American flag Eagles flying from it.. :shock: :shock: You never know, I am in the giving mood these days... :D Don't tell Todd or Wing Admin. but I'm working on a Canadian Eagle special for each of them,,,but don't tell ok.. :shock: :shock: we must keep it to ourselves... :shock: This one will be signed...Those are priceless...50 million American dollars can't buy one :shock: because there's only one place you can get one of these in the Whole Wide World with my name on it like that.. :lol: :lol: And that's from me personally. :lol: . What branch of service did you serve in Phil...???



Ok Beave , we will keep your secret :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby WA9FWT » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm

RoadRogue wrote:
littlebeaver wrote:Phil, Wally wishes to view you're video and I'm sure others would love to see it, it's a good shoot... I really liked it, I found it to be very entertaining and they will love it.....I'm glad I'm not the only person with a mess in his garage,,I clean mine up once in a while and in three weeks time, its back to a mess again..Gremlins I guess.. :shock: :shock: You know that tree in your back yard there... sure would look sweet with one of my American flag Eagles flying from it.. :shock: :shock: You never know, I am in the giving mood these days... :D Don't tell Todd or Wing Admin. but I'm working on a Canadian Eagle special for each of them,,,but don't tell ok.. :shock: :shock: we must keep it to ourselves... :shock: This one will be signed...Those are priceless...50 million American dollars can't buy one :shock: because there's only one place you can get one of these in the Whole Wide World with my name on it like that.. :lol: :lol: And that's from me personally. :lol: . What branch of service did you serve in Phil...???



Ok Beave , we will keep your secret :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)


Todd, the only branch around here is in the back yard on a beautiful White Birch tree,and one in the front yard too. As for service to this day for my country it is a seacret !
And to mention Little Beavers gifts to friends is above and beond on this site.You can not put a price tag on that kind of friend ship and work he put into those items. I read a lot and don't post that much ,but I do see many none registered people reading (Guests ) at the bottom of the pages,and is so nice to know the whole world is tuned in.

WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Ah Phil, Todd went and read this.....Gosh darn it..oh well...Cats out of the bag, I'm no good at keeping secrets anyways... :lol: :lol: It's gonna be freakin nice...I think... :D

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Admin. after viewing the photo of the Eagle, it looks like I forgot to work the knot in the line down to the wing, look at the cardinal and you will see the half knot on top of the wing, just loosen the half knot and work it down to the top of the wing, the Canadian Eagle will be coming in a couple of weeks as I understand that is you're homeland..

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby themainviking » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 am

littlebeaver wrote:Admin. the Canadian Eagle will be coming in a couple of weeks as I understand that is you're homeland..


Now that explains some things we have spoken of, WingAdmin; I did not know that you were a Canuckian like most of us. Welcome back to the fold, :lol: Beaver, you get to be an Honorary Canuckian, right Road Rogue? :o
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
RoadRogue
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Castlegar BC, Canada
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby RoadRogue » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 pm

I second the motion, Little Beaver for PM...................... 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Well looky what arrived in my mailbox!

Postby themainviking » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 pm

RoadRogue wrote:I second the motion, Little Beaver for Prime Minister (like a president only in Canada)...................... 8-)


Yep, I concur... better than the one we got... I am a veteran, and I love my country, but I got no love for our government officials... they ensure that there is no decorum whatsoever in the house. Please save us Little Beaver.


It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage


Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alwims, wingpilot08 and 4 guests