Takeing out a "company vehicle"

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Unstableboy
Motorcycle: 1997 1500 SE

Takeing out a "company vehicle"

Postby Unstableboy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am

at work last wednesday I was able to take out our 97 1500 Goldwing. I ride with a helmet cam and mic (I am a motovlogger) so I put up a video of it. I spent a good week and a half resurrecting this bike that had been sitting in the back parking lot (A BIG thanks to this forum as I didn't know much about goldwing mechanics before) so it was good to finally get permission to take it for a cruise.

take it as a success story for the how-to articles on this site. ... that reminds me.. I will add a link in the description to this forum.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Takeing out a "company vehicle"

Postby themainviking » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 am

That is probably the best first post I can recall ever seeing. Good job unstable person. Company vehicle huh? Does that mean Fire Company, or State Police company? :lol: I would guess Fire Company. How'm I doin' :D
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am

Wait, was that a "gag reel" attached to that? SLICK! By the way, love the pick of the wing exploded all over the garage, that is mine right now, lol. NICE JOB ON THE VID!!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am

Nice! Did it stall out on you as you were pulling into the parking lot?

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Postby thrasherg » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 pm

From the title I was expecting to see you crash a bike into a company car!! It didn't dawn on me that you could have a company bike and go for a ride on it!! :oops:

Gary

Unstableboy
Motorcycle: 1997 1500 SE

Postby Unstableboy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

to answer all the questions in order.

yes it is fire company.

the gag reel is my little shtick I use in my vlogs.

it keeps stalling out when you let off the throttle... I have to adjust the idle a bit.

and I don't get to use it all the time, but I am working on that ;)

it was donated to the fireman's association by the sherrif's dept. later sold to the fire company when they did not want to upkeep it.. it was used in several parades till someone dropped it. after that they did not trust people to ride it and it sat around for years.

I started working for the dept as a mechanic 3 years ago and of course immediatly started buging the chief about it. finally late last year he gave me approval to work on it. many many many hours and almost 2 grand later I got it to road worthy condition. it still has a few bugs (rear brakes still feel spongey and the clutch is way out) but it ride nice.

I do not specifically mention my job on youtube (because it is a municipal job and they get funny about that) but I doubt anyone from city hall reads this forum :? my boss and my boss's boss(capt) and the big chief don't seem to mind when I take it out, but I will try not to abuse that too much :twisted:

this was the first real ride it's been on since I got it running.
I used this forums how_to's a lot during the project so I figured you guys might want to see the results. (I didn't even know how to get to the rear tire, let alone remove it)

here she is all together.
Attachments

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

That is super. You have done a good job there Mr. Unstable person. I hesitate to call you a boy, cause no boy could ride that bike. :lol: If your nic has a different connotation, such as "former stable hand who became a mechanic and so does not work in a stable anymore" then I would be able to call you Unstableboy, but if it refers to a condition of the mind, then I find it to be too many slurs in one word so to speak - (just ribbin' ya) That was a good video also, but a bit jerky, as you were continually checking your mirrors (as you should). Too bad it is the company bike, so you cannot mount the cam directly on the bike. I have plans to do just that with my bike soon. Perhaps if the "company" decides you should ride this in Parades, or for other advertisment, they would allow you to mount a camera directly for the future showing of where the bike has gone before...

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “Goldwing Chat”