Saturday Ride

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Poohman
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Apsencade
1998 GL1500 SE

Saturday Ride

Postby Poohman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh! Went Riding with about 10 guys on Saturday from 20 miles south of Daytona Beach to 5 miles south of St. Augustine, FL. Stopped got a bite to eat then back on the bikes and back home. It was a 212 mile ride and the temperature was around 59 degrees when we started at 9am then around 1:30pm it was around 75 degrees. Road the east coast highway A1A for a beautiful Ocean View for a while.

Gonna stay away from Daytona for the next couple of weeks because Daytona 500 mad house is starting. You know Blind drives for riding a bike. :lol:

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Saturday Ride

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm

so what did you get to eat...Taco's perhaps... :shock: Anyone one have any kind of trouble with their bikes, What is everyone riding, I wish a list of the bikes please... :D

Poohman
1998 GL1500 SE

Postby Poohman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

NO tacos.... We ate at a seafood bar and Grill. Had Gator Tail and then BBQ beef sandwich.

I ride a 1985 GL1200 which is the carb edition, I did have a problem with the wing and then after 2 bike shops $1400 the problem was the Pulse Generator. Now I have a good running wing. Just need to replace the rear shocks, not holding air.

I see your from TX. My Daughter and son-in-law were in El Paso, TX, at Fort Bliss. But since Dec 12th He Left for a tour in Afghanistan, and I flew out to Ft. Bliss to bring her home until he comes back in Sept. 2013. He is a Infantry Soldier.

Oh well, God has him in His Hands so Everything will go well!

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Poohman wrote:NO tacos.... We ate at a seafood bar and Grill. Had Gator Tail and then BBQ beef sandwich.

I ride a 1985 GL1200 which is the carb edition, I did have a problem with the wing and then after 2 bike shops $1400 the problem was the Pulse Generator. Now I have a good running wing. Just need to replace the rear shocks, not holding air.

I see your from TX. My Daughter and son-in-law were in El Paso, TX, at Fort Bliss. But since Dec 12th He Left for a tour in Afghanistan, and I flew out to Ft. Bliss to bring her home until he comes back in Sept. 2013. He is a Infantry Soldier.

Oh well, God has him in His Hands so Everything will go well!

Yes, he is a young Warrior and he will be ok...I bet you guy's are proud of him... :D I wish they would still take my old beat up self but the Army wouldn't take me now....I can shoot still :shock: ,,,I'd probably make a great sniper, great with abow and a knife.. :shock: and I made a few custom made head crushers [Tomahawks with stones] :shock: ...I used to shoot squirrels alot and hit them while moving with my 22.. sorry about the break downs, that was alot of money man..sorry to hear it..But it's better now..Check your charging system at the battery and make sure its charging proper voltage, the 1200's have issues..Oh Oh , I throw rocks well too,, me and Carl would have rock fights and use tin gargbage lids as shields.... I got hit in the head afew times ...can you tell... :shock: :lol: :lol: Hey keep an eye on your charging system, from what I gather the 1200's have issue with their stators,,,Not all but alot of them..

WVJefo
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 Aspencade "The 12"
1994 1500 Aspencade "The Black

Postby WVJefo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Poohman
I know i talk for everyone & hope the best for your son in law.
But for all of us north of Atlanta, with our wings in the garage, long johns covering our ass, snow to our knees, cabin fever running at 102 degrees.

We don't know if to love you, hate you, envy you. Or just go to the garage & clean the bike again.

DAMN YOU PMS

Jefo

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Sooooo, now you know just why the birds fly south for the winter.. :shock: Hey Poohman,,,what happened on your trip, you were riding and the bike died, or it wouldn't start up what happened?? How did you get it to the shop, truck trailer, what? What did the mechanic say, did you have to leave it and come back in a week or what...?? There must be a story.... :shock: Do tell ...PLEASE...I wanta read from the time you left to the time you rolled the bike back into your garage... :D Hey remember the story of Admin. getting his trailer in the rain storm from hell, write something good, tell a lie or two if you need to.. :shock: make it good, hey you started this post, I'm looking forward to reading you're words..... :D

Poohman
1998 GL1500 SE

Postby Poohman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:56 am

Ok! You want the Story :lol: Of the 9 months from Hell ! :D Ok! Last Year 2012 Around March, two weeks before Bike week in Daytona, I was riding my wing and stopped at a store. Everything was fine until I came back out of the store started the wing and then started on my way when it started to ride really rough. I was around 50 miles from home and it got so bad I was wondering if I was going to make it home. After getting home and trying to figure out what was going on. I found this website and started to ask Questions. Then with some help that my right two side cylinders were not firing. Well, Not really sure I took off the coils and tested them and the ohms seemed to look good. after a couple of weeks got frustrated ask a couple of guys that I go to church with about bike shops and went to one that one guy had suggested. They had it for 6 months and all they did was clean and rebuild the carbs and said I had one coil bad, so I told them OK then just replace both of them at $120 a pop. then got it back from them and once i picked it up from them riding half way home the bike started to run worse then I took it to them, Plus they did not bolt my seat back down. Once I road up in the garage Called them and demanded them to come pick it up and fix it. Now this is after I paid them $749.52 which was almost half of what they wanted $ 1,395.33. I also told them that this fix was on them. Well to shorten the story No good mechanics at that shop (Jim Walkers of Daytona), so Took it to another shop that some one on here told me to go to, and they had it for 3 months and after I complained on how long they were taking and no phone calls on it. They finally fixed it. It was the P>G> I got it back On November 18th and spent another $750.00 which they wanted $1,193.47. Told them Not paying them full price for lies and missed promises. Now I have it back and riding when I can.
The battery dying I am not sure why but wonder if I for got to turn the key all the way off. :lol: going to charge it and find out. And as Paul Harvey use to say "And that is the rest of my story" :D

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 am

Awesome man....I mean the story, not having to pay out all the money, Pulse Generator, I think the 1200's are located in front down by the cam wheels but not sure, but I think so,,,this is the kinda thing that happens way too often, 3 months without a call, screw that crap,,, some shops are just aweful at that kinda stuff..I understand you have to take a number and all like you do at the DMV but 3 months is outragous...I just hope your charging system is functioning fine, is the battery very old? If it's over three years it's probably on it's way out..I bought one of the gel type batteries, from batteries plus, I got sick of messing with the water levels [lazy] and worrying about it..Oh and I added a auto alternator so I don't ever worry about my bike charging anymore or worry about that silly stator..that problem made me crazy..If you ever decide you want to go that route just look up poorboy conversion here and Todd has a great how too..I have rode the bike to KC and back to SA with zero issues..Passed my test.. :D

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Postby Dogsled » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:28 pm

I can still hear the salt gnawing the metal away on the bottom f my Jeep......couldn't imagine taking the bike out in that. Have fun and ride safe
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

In the land of Oz, it is (nearly) always a Saturday and good for riding, except when it is Sunday. Other days, like today, 38C (about 100F) at midday, I will leave myself by the aircon, and tidy up my computer, answer a few emails, and respond like this. I could be out riding, but the ice cream my wife is serving tastes too good to go outside. We do not have trouble with salt, just the dust from the dry heat, humidity is currently 10%. There is still room for a few more here, so pack your bongoes and come and play in the sun.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Postby Dogsled » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:03 pm

come-on it was 75 in Sidney today......100+ ....hey i'm not sayin it's too cold to ride, just to cold to take my bike out and junk it in the brine and salt they put on the road.
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

Poohman
1998 GL1500 SE

Postby Poohman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Hey Redial, I really enjoy the Heat it is a lot better then the cold. Plus here in Florida when it is hot the Humidity is usually high also. I would love to live in low Humidity and high heat. Now I can ride on Sunday because Our church, a Non-denominational church, has Services on Saturday and Sunday. So, I go to the Saturday Service. I love to ride and see all of God's greatness of His creation. I love to ride my gl1200 Asp.
I am really wanting to sell it or trade it to get another one that is newer. Well, Hopefully this week it will warm up and I can ride without being cold. :lol:

BigDee
Motorcycle: Former Rides:
1962 Honda CB90
1974 Yamaha 500 Basket case
1971 Honda 450
Current Ride:
1981 GL1100i Interstate

Postby BigDee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 am

Poohman wrote:Now I can ride on Sunday because Our church, a Non-denominational church, has Services on Saturday and Sunday. So, I go to the Saturday Service. I love to ride and see all of God's greatness of His creation.

Ummm, as pastor of our church that may prove a little embarrassing... "Hey pastor, where were you yesterday?" "Oh, this little Goldwing needed some assistance and I had to blow some cobwebs from its' pipes..."
Now the middle of the week is a different story though! How am I supposed to call on my congregation???
He who throws dirt loses ground!

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:33 am

I just say take the bike to congregation....and when you walk in late, just say you had to clear the pipes out. I think everyone would understand.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”