I am kinda Angry but i shouldn't be

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

I am kinda Angry but i shouldn't be

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm

We just got word that we are going to Mississippi for a two year project..... :twisted: :twisted: I do not wish to move to Miss. :twisted: see we were told that my wife's job would be based in KC and no more moving , [Construction] she's a QC manager and I kinda follow her around now...we bought a house in Kansas City about five years ago and I have put so much time and money into it, I was making it my own, I built a nice shed in the back and put on new trim throughout the entire house, custom painted the garage floor with that expoxy stuff, I like my house, two car garage with the openers and all..I like it..and I can't stand renting anymore even if the company pays for it....So like a small child I am angry.. she makes a good salary so I should shut up about it and not complain but we have a daughter in high school[10th grade] and it really hurts me to take her away from her friends and she had friends in Kansas she would have joined back up with going back...We are in San Antonio now and she loves it here, it just happens to be my home town but this move is going to be 8 States that my wife and I lived in.... If she doesn't like Miss. her and me are going back to Kansas and the wife will stay....So now you know why I am angry because we were told we wouldn't have to move anymore once we got located in KC...Ah fudge, I thought we were going back home..Fudge fudge fudge....Starkville Miss. will probably be our new home in June......I wanta kick something right now... :oops: :twisted: Texas, Il. Al, SC, KY,MO, KS, back here to TX and now Miss. :shock: We are lucky though that she still has a job with the economy the way it is and the company pays for most everything and all,,I will shut up now..I just thought she was going to be working out of the main office is all and I could stay in my own house for a spell..She started making way more than me so I had to come to the realization that she was the bread winner so I follow her now and I do my thing.....I asked her is the company will buy me a new Goldwing for this :shock:

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: I am kinda Angry but i shouldn't be

Postby themainviking » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:56 pm

When I was in the Army, my wife followed me, and I never even thought about what it must have been like for her and my son, who was 16 the last time we moved prior to his growing up and out. We are Canadian, but our last move was to New Mexico, where I worked for NASA on White Sands Missile Range. My wife did not like New Mexico, but I loved it. My son also loved it, so my wife sucked it up and went along to get along. Well, when the job was done, I retired, and she got her choice of where to live, which is where we have now been for almost 24 years. When I read this, I went and asked if she had felt as you do Martin, and she said that she had felt exactly like that. She also said, however, that she signed on to follow me around, so it wasn't as if it was a surprise. She did get to stay in her homes when I deployed, so she said it was not all bad. As you mentioned, in this economy, one takes what one can get. Remember that Mississippi is closer to the Central U.S. than San Antonio was, so you can visit and be visited more easily by more people. I doubt they have decent Tacos in Mississippi though. Hope you like fish and rice.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Why did I kinda know you were going to ask for a new Goldwing :lol: :lol: What news Little Beaver, I feel for the whole family, At least she has a job you said, more then a lot of others.In fact it's soon my wife which is a lot younger then me will loose her job along with our son that works at the same place.Life just throws curves at us all the time, and we have to roll with the punches.I sure hope things will work out for you guys.I keep looking at a reminder in my room and pray that things work out.
WA9FWT Phil

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 pm

I understand how you feel Beave, nobody likes to uproot their family. Feel free to vent away , we are here to listen. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Hate to hear it, I know from experience (twice) what it's like to put your heart and soul into a house, and then be forced to uproot and move somewhere else.

Oh, and viking...your wife picked North Bay by CHOICE?!?! :)

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Postby cbx4evr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 pm

On the flip side I've lived in the same place for +30 years and wish sometimes that my work had taken us to other places. I guess there's always two sides to the coin but 8 times seems a little much. Hard on the kids, especially teens.

The state bird of Mississippi is the Mockingbird. Guess you have a new pattern to make.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

rooferx
Motorcycle: 95 aspy

Postby rooferx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm

On the brite side at least its not a pink slip.the way things are now days.mabe pray to look at this from a different angle..a good one,

LloydB
Motorcycle: 08 GL1800 ABS/Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper
1995 GL1500SE with a Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

Postby LloydB » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 pm

I feel for you, Martin. We are full time RVs, so can live anywhere that appeals to us, we used to move a couple of times a year, but that meant that we couldn't have the Goldwing with us, unless we made two trips to move the trailer, and come back to get the wing, so now we found that we love the Hill Country here in Texas enough that we have stayed here for the past 6 years. Still hope to meet you on a ride out here before you go to Miss. Hope it all works out well for you and your family, who knows you might like it.
Lloyd and Judy
Comfort, Tx.
08 GL1800 ABS with a Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm

The one thing I hate is getting a haunted house...I hate that crap...Then I have to cleanse it and all...gosh darn it.. :lol: :lol: :lol: We lived in two houses that had spirits living there...Not fun man, I had to run them off...My house in Kansas is cool though..Oh man Lloyd that seems like a great place to retire too, Kerrville or Bandera would be so nice too...Oh it's nice up there...Has anyone lived in the Starkville Miss. area or did you go to Miss. State University??? Her job will be at Columbus AFB in Columbus....Anyone know that area here...??? I'm a larger town kinda guy I guess, don't care for the little towns because everyone knows your business, and they all talk ya know... :lol:

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Postby HALBUDD » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Well Martin you could always come back to Kentucky ! we could have alot of fun around here if you were to come up here HaHa-------------Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I loved it there,,Louisville was fun...we lived over by Fort Knox and the wife's project was on base,,,on the 4th of July the base had a big firework display and we took our pickup down there and sat in the back of it and enjoyed the fireworks and had a grand time along with hundreds of others.. Whata blast that was...I get all excited when we are altogether and we do something fun like that.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm a simple SOB... :lol:

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Postby thrasherg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm a strong believer in "it is what you make of it", I have lived in England, France, Germany, California, Texas and now Washington state. the kids have always adapted quickly and made new friends, they stay in touch with older friends through facebook and email. Every time you move you have the opportunity to learn new things, discover new places and make new friends.. Nothing is permanent, you will no doubt have the chance to move again in a few years if you don't like it, but if you move there already thinking you wont like it, you are going to be in for a disappointing time whilst you are there.. Try and look on the bright side, every where has something to offer, you just need to find it.. I loved Texas and hope to move back there in a few more years but I have enjoyed every location that I have lived in.. I hope you find a way to enjoy Mississippi..

Gary

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Yep, you are correct, it is what we make it, and we shall make it the best adventure yet...I swear I'm getting a boat for the lake or something out of this deal...I already have the coolest bike ever..It needs nothing...My house is getting lots of snow right now or tonight, someone said 12" of the white stuff tonight...Leavenworth is getting 16" hello...and we are missing it, gosh darn it..I had a toyota 4x4 4 runner we had so much fun in it when it snowed, I'd get the kids in the it and we would go out and help people that were stuck and play around in it...The girls loved it..I was a wild man in that vehicle, I taught each of them to shift through the gears when they were just little guys...We made a mistake by selling it.. :lol: :lol: We will make the best of Miss.. I'm sure of it..Hey it's like 5 hours from Destin Florida...Hello.... :shock:

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 am

I feel for you LittleBeaver, but as you move through life, nothing stays the same. If you make this sacrifice now, who knows what is around the corner? You seem the sort of person that is resilient enough to overcome most setbacks, so get back on the horse, and ride it again. Life is full of surprises.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

themainviking

Postby themainviking » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 am

WingAdmin wrote:Oh, and viking...your wife picked North Bay by CHOICE?!?! :)

She had a sister here and the rest of her family is in Newfoundland. Nobody "willingly" moves back to Newfoundland after they have seen Pairee (a take on the theme that nobody moves back to the farm after they have seen Paris). At least my wife was open minded enough to choose a retirement home on the main continent. That Northern Island Paradise she comes from is too hard and expensive to get on and off.

Martin, your Kansas home will be waiting when you finally get to move back there. Just click your red slippers three times... :D

ImageImage

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am

littlebeaver wrote:Yep, you are correct, it is what we make it, and we shall make it the best adventure yet...I swear I'm getting a boat for the lake or something out of this deal...I already have the coolest bike ever..It needs nothing...My house is getting lots of snow right now or tonight, someone said 12" of the white stuff tonight...Leavenworth is getting 16" hello...and we are missing it, gosh darn it..I had a toyota 4x4 4 runner we had so much fun in it when it snowed, I'd get the kids in the it and we would go out and help people that were stuck and play around in it...The girls loved it..I was a wild man in that vehicle, I taught each of them to shift through the gears when they were just little guys...We made a mistake by selling it.. :lol: :lol: We will make the best of Miss.. I'm sure of it..Hey it's like 5 hours from Destin Florida...Hello.... :shock:

Finish da boat dat was going to Hawaii Martin :lol: ....more delays, but this one I can see why.
WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 am

How on Earth did you know I have red slippers???? I need a few shear pins for my propeller and I'm done with the boat Phil...I must have a large supply of those for a trip that long... :shock:

themainviking

Postby themainviking » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 am

littlebeaver wrote:How on Earth did you know I have red slippers???? I need a few shear pins for my propeller and I'm done with the boat Phil...I must have a large supply of those for a trip that long... :shock:

Martin, You gotta trade that power boat in for a sailboat if you are going to Hawaii. I would even volunteer to go with you. Like boats? Try this one :D

That was my dreamboat, but since the wife got an inner ear//balance affliction, probably distantly related to the stroke she had last month, I sold it. No more boat ownership for me unless I lose this wife....... :shock:

ImageImage

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 am

themainviking wrote:
littlebeaver wrote:How on Earth did you know I have red slippers???? I need a few shear pins for my propeller and I'm done with the boat Phil...I must have a large supply of those for a trip that long... :shock:

Martin, You gotta trade that power boat in for a sailboat if you are going to Hawaii. I would even volunteer to go with you. Like boats? Try this one :D

Small-Lady-V_2525.jpg

That was my dreamboat, but since the wife got an inner ear//balance affliction, probably distantly related to the stroke she had last month, I sold it. No more boat ownership for me unless I lose this wife....... :shock:

"Wow " what a boat.We all can fit in that one. But I don't see any down riggers , and i need that to catch fish here in Lake Michigan.Sorry to hear about the wife, hope she is doing better.
WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm

I think that would be a mighty fine boat to go to Hawaii in,,, I bet it has a frig. and all... :shock: I'm so sorry to hear about you're wife,,,when something happens to them like that it's gotta hurt really bad....I understand why you sold it now.....really nice boat,,,I like it.. :D I had a canoe once :shock:..

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Wow sorry about your luck Beave, I feel for you and your family but like others have said here keep a positive outlook and hopefully some good will come of it. On the bright side you will have new roads to explore, record and report back to us. Wally

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Positive....$$ is coming in to the house to keep the "habits" going. And I agree with Wally....new roads!

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Wow Beve, that really sucks for you. How much advance notice they giving you??hopefully until school lets out for the kids sake anyway...Guess I'm gonna have to get on my feet quicker so we can get a couple rides together anyway.

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:13 pm

well The wife may need to go around May 1st, as they are putting in temporary electrial stuff ect. but our daughter will finish out the year at Alamo Heights until june 6th... There's no school in the Columbus area that will come close to her school here, we may end up back in KC if she can't handle the schools there. :shock: .....with all the drama here I think she's about ready to move, other girls are getting under her skin.. I rode right by your house the other day, sorry I didn't contact you but maybe we can't have some fish at Laguna Madre on Rigsby and 410 sometime ,Think the guys would like that place???, I love their shrimp and oysters..OMG..the fishermans Platters is so freakin good..Or Or the Texas Pride BQ place is ok ...Hey do you think the guys and gals here would like that place...???.

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I would assume anyone that likes seafood would like Laguna Madre, but when it come to BBQ....I get about a 50/50 thumbs up and down. Personally I don't care for their BBQ but that's just me...
Was thinkin....what about a meet and greet, families all invited at my place. We could have brisket,ribs,chicken.sausage, pot of pinto beans, some good german potato salad. For those who may have passed through the philippines back in the day..throw in some Pancit, fried rice, lumpia, some adobo maybe?? and of course some tacos, enchiladas, spanish rice,chips and dips. and of course other suggestions could be added. for BBQ, could add pulled pork too. (gonna butcher a hog shortly).
I could go a step further and way we could make it a Sat.Sun. deal, come either day, or stay for both. bring a tent,or camper,share floor sq footage somewhere in the house with air mattress. It is a fair size house at 3000sqft with 2.5 baths.
Besides Beve, ANYONE and EVERYONE please chime in...what you think if your close enuf to make it..We can work on a date.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”