I have to thank....

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

I have to thank....

Postby Mag » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:07 pm

[youtube]

[/youtube]

I hope this works. First, I have to thank Wingman and everyone on this board that helped, I could not have done it without you (ask my wife, lol). This is the first major repair I have ever done.

What was done...
- Replacing left hand controls (turn signal/cb,radio)
- Paint all the dark vinyl
- Install rear speakers (the wires on the fader busted, so I have to order another fader harness)
- standardized all misc bolts from the goofy misc screws that were in the bike to standard american phillips
- lubed speedo cable
- LED lights on the instrument panel

I still have to get some plastic pieces, replace the brake pedal (there is an elevated pedal on there and I want to take that off and get low-boy floor boards with the heel-toe controls on both sides) and do some other "little" things....but here you go....

BigDee
Motorcycle: Former Rides:
1962 Honda CB90
1974 Yamaha 500 Basket case
1971 Honda 450
Current Ride:
1981 GL1100i Interstate

Re: I have to thank....

Postby BigDee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Mag, looks and sounds great! Now if the weatherman will cooperate with us we can ride! Maybe make a ride over to the coast or someplace pretty. Found a few wingmen to ride with down this way, so gonna pick some bugs out of the teeth pretty soon!
He who throws dirt loses ground!

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: I have to thank....

Postby Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am

I know, she is still sitting in the garage....my wife said she needs more wine for dinner, so I may go for a quick one to the store before the rains hit again. 1/4 inch yesterday (not counting the hail) and 3/4 inch the day before....we will have to see what happens. All I know is the bike will be rolling as soon as we can.

We are in the "bummer" of the northwest, Apr/May should be nice (I hope, I hope, I hope)

Return to “Goldwing Chat”