Wing not very good in snow

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Wing not very good in snow

Postby Sidcar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 am

With its wide track and rounded profile rear tyre my Wing is not very good in snow so I took the old BSA instead. It didn't like the snow either when we left the cafe it refused to start. Had to be pushed. Oh the shame.

Sid
Attachments
Start blast you
Start blast you
Oh the shame
Oh the shame

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Wing not very good in snow

Postby Mag » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am

Now that is dedication to riding ;)

sparrowhawwk
Motorcycle: 78 GL
83 Int
76 Moto Guzzi Convert
73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
76 Convert #2
83 Goldwing #2

Postby sparrowhawwk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Much as I like your GL/Watsonian rig that old Beezer is just too cool. Don't often see rigs like that here with the possible exception of the Griffith Park meet.

Sidcar

Postby Sidcar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I've got a couple of friends in CA that send me pictures of the Griffith Park meet, a place on my "I'd like to go there" list. One day maybe, you never know.
The Sloper now has a new spark plug and is starting ok but I think the magneto may be getting weak.

Sid

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 am

[color=#408000]Hey Sidcar, I didnt realise your Beesa had a sidecar as well! I am glad that is you with the "can't see me" yellow vest on, as the other person looks like he is having trouble getting enough 'spin' to get it to fire. Those BSA were always a bit of a beast, and a good introduction to "basic motorcycling". Enjoy your days in the snow, while I enjoy the days in the sun :twisted:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Sidcar

Postby Sidcar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi Redial
All that sunshine! You don't know what your missing (coughs, colds,frostbite).
Sad to say I am the poor sod kicking my way to a cardiac arrest. My friend in the Hi-Vis vest turned out on a Honda 400', all he had to do was prod the start button, but he did have to push the BSA so he got some exercise.
The BSA was pig to start when I got it out the garage that morning and I'd shed my Hi-Vis vest whilst I messed about changing the plug and. When it finally started I was in such a rush to get going, before the damn thing changed its mind got left I left the vest hanging on the gate post.

Sid

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 pm

All that sunshine! You don't know what your missing (coughs, colds,frostbite).

Sunburn, sweat, cold beer after work, - yeah I know what you are missing, because I am not. It has been really dry here since September 2012, so even the ants are looking to come in for some moisture. The bees line up at the chook's water (aka chicken), for their refreshment - there can be as many as 20 at a time.

A young brown snake also came up to the front door, obviously looking for a drink, but he skidaddled as soon as I opened the door - I did have proper foot wear in case he turned nasty instead of running away (can snakes run?). He moved very quickly though, and no shovels handy, so I left him/her to its own devices, and disappear under the shrubbery. The dogs are not allowed out unless they are supervised because of the beasties that can abound at this time of the year.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”