Hyper lights and Directional Mirrors

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tbruno
Motorcycle: 2010 Goldwing

Hyper lights and Directional Mirrors

Postby tbruno » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi, has anyone installed hyper lights on the back of their motorcyle and has anyone installed the muths mirrors, are they any good.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Hyper lights and Directional Mirrors

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:41 pm

I have no experience with the mirrors, but I have played with the hyper-lites and I can tell you, they are blindingly bright and very attention-getting!

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Didn't instal any of those products you mentioned, but I installed these LED arrow lights to my mirrors and I bought a double strip of flexible self adhesive LEDs that can be cut and the cut off section can be rewired. I placed a longer strip on the rear of the chrome piece which houses the license plate light. I then cut the other one in half and mounted each one to the corner piece of my saddlebags. I then wired them up so they only light up when I activate the brakes. (I also wired in a Signal Dynamics Back Off XP brake light modulator)

Now when I signal a turn, or hit the brakes, you can't help but notice my intentions! 8-)

Here are some shots. (click on photos to enlarge)

Haven't got a good photo of the LED Arrow Lights, but you get the idea with this shot in that with the chrome base, it doesn't really impair rearward vision that much, if you place the as close to the outboard side as possible.

Here's the flexible LED strips with adhesive backing on them and where I mounted them.

The end result .... how they work;

Now when I hit the brakes, the vehicles stop well behind me, giving me lots of room, exactly the effect I was after!

Dusty

artgrantz
Motorcycle: Current: 2008 GL1800
Previous: 96 GL1500 SE
85 GL1200 I
85 GL1200 I
75 GL1000

Postby artgrantz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 pm

The Muth mirrors, 5 LED version, work well and are easy to install. The connecting plug is just inside the fairing where you can easily get to it.
I don't know anyone who has the 7 LED mirrors but I found several negative comments about them not being worth the money.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”