Thanks to WingAdmin

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
seabeechief
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Thanks to WingAdmin

Postby seabeechief » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 pm

I just wanted to publicly thank WingAdmin for his help on several issues I have been having. Again, he has gone way above and beyond what should be normally expected of him. Thanks, WingAdmin. I love this forum!

Chief

Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Thanks to WingAdmin

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I know what you mean, he has helped me with my electrical issues, it took him and Virgil both to get through my thick skull how to fix my charging issue....So I agree , thanks for a wonderful site.. Besides I met Twostrokes and that was awesome, I could have never done that without this site..

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:48 am

I too want to thank our " Wing-Adm "for this site and all the time that guy puts into this site. I have seen over the years how this site has grown, and it seems he has not run out of improvements ever. The time he puts into the
monthly news letter is beyond my imagination. How he finds time beets me ? He also behind the scenes, is helping us guys which sure takes time!!! So how does he do it ? He has one beautiful wife that is at his side
for one thing, that must understand :) he sure has made my experience with motorcycles a happy one.

73 WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm

One thing I like about this site is how it's arranged, the 1000's have their own area same with all the other models, in my opinion it simplifies the entire process of looking something up same with the how too's...I like that you can use the chat area for whatever...Not everyone can be a mechanic and not everyone can be a computer dude either but this guy is both, and darn good at both not only that but a pilot too...I find comfort just knowing you guys have my back if a problem with my bike were to arrise... :D

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Well thanks everyone for all the kind words. I appreciate it.

How do I have the time? I don't! And you're right, I have a very understanding wife.

The monthly newsletters, I take the time throughout the month, whenever an idea comes to mind I file it aside, and start writing something up, so it's not a huge task at the end of each month (although sometimes it is!).

Littlebeaver, as for the organization of the sections, when I first set it up, I thought about what I liked and didn't like about other sites, and tried to make the best decisions I could. I think it's stood the test of time. I dislike sites that have tons of different sections that segment the conversations, and I also dislike sites that dump everything into one common area, so there is so much chatter you miss out on threads you might be interested in.

Over all, I think it's worked out quite well!

Mrs. WingAdmin
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
1998 Yahama XV250 Virago

Postby Mrs. WingAdmin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:40 am

I'm so glad to hear that you guys appreciate all the time and effort that goes into this site. I'm WingAdmin's biggest fan, of course. So let me just say how amazing he really is----from a very close perspective. Not only is he a naturally talented (but also highly educated) "computer" guy. He's a mechanic of motorcycles and automobiles, a plumber, an electrician, a pilot, an excellent rider, an entrepreneur, and an inventor (and proficient if not an expert in all of those areas.) He's also a wonderful father, an honest man, a caring person, a great friend, and a good-deed-doer. He's extremely well-informed on current events, and he is constantly learning. He reads EVERYTHING! If there's a problem that needs a solution, he will find it. If the solution is something that doesn't exist, he will invent it. He's our personal super-hero. Even though he works A LOT---most of the time he's working on stuff that makes our lives easier, more fun, or just run smoothly. He shows love through the things he does for us, and I'm sure that includes all of you. Thanks for all the kind words about him. He deserves it wholeheartedly, and you have no idea how much it touches him to hear that he's appreciated. Who doesn't need to hear that once in a while? ;)
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Thank you, Mrs. WingAdmin

seabeechief
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Postby seabeechief » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am

Mrs. WingAdmin wrote:I'm so glad to hear that you guys appreciate all the time and effort that goes into this site. I'm WingAdmin's biggest fan, of course. So let me just say how amazing he really is----from a very close perspective. Not only is he a naturally talented (but also highly educated) "computer" guy. He's a mechanic of motorcycles and automobiles, a plumber, an electrician, a pilot, an excellent rider, an entrepreneur, and an inventor (and proficient if not an expert in all of those areas.) He's also a wonderful father, an honest man, a caring person, a great friend, and a good-deed-doer. He's extremely well-informed on current events, and he is constantly learning. He reads EVERYTHING! If there's a problem that needs a solution, he will find it. If the solution is something that doesn't exist, he will invent it. He's our personal super-hero. Even though he works A LOT---most of the time he's working on stuff that makes our lives easier, more fun, or just run smoothly. He shows love through the things he does for us, and I'm sure that includes all of you. Thanks for all the kind words about him. He deserves it wholeheartedly, and you have no idea how much it touches him to hear that he's appreciated. Who doesn't need to hear that once in a while? ;)
XXXXXXXXXXXX

I had to read the author's name several times. At first I thought it was my wife talking about me!

Regardless of what he thinks or says, Mrs. WingAdmin, you made him what he is today. Thank you.

Chief
Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 am

Mrs. WingAdmin wrote:I'm so glad to hear that you guys appreciate all the time and effort that goes into this site. I'm WingAdmin's biggest fan, of course. So let me just say how amazing he really is----from a very close perspective. Not only is he a naturally talented (but also highly educated) "computer" guy. He's a mechanic of motorcycles and automobiles, a plumber, an electrician, a pilot, an excellent rider, an entrepreneur, and an inventor (and proficient if not an expert in all of those areas.) He's also a wonderful father, an honest man, a caring person, a great friend, and a good-deed-doer. He's extremely well-informed on current events, and he is constantly learning. He reads EVERYTHING! If there's a problem that needs a solution, he will find it. If the solution is something that doesn't exist, he will invent it. He's our personal super-hero. Even though he works A LOT---most of the time he's working on stuff that makes our lives easier, more fun, or just run smoothly. He shows love through the things he does for us, and I'm sure that includes all of you. Thanks for all the kind words about him. He deserves it wholeheartedly, and you have no idea how much it touches him to hear that he's appreciated. Who doesn't need to hear that once in a while? ;)
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Now we know where he gets all his answers to fix things :) And now we know that more then one person is running this site. :o So nice to hear from you Mrs. Wing-Adm....We are all looking forward to the up coming
riding season, and we wish you the best season ever!

73 WA9FWT Phil

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeh a fella just doesn't ruffle his feathers for just anyone :D ....I would have loved to see the dance he did to tag you as a wife.. :D Nice to see you wrote a post about your hubby, Mrs. WingAdmin. another thing about this site is that it seems to draw alot of really cool dudes on here that love their Wings & Things..

Mrs. WingAdmin
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
1998 Yahama XV250 Virago

Postby Mrs. WingAdmin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm REALLY looking forward to this riding season. WingAdmin has been customizing my new (to me) Honda Pacific Coast 800 to fit my too-small-to-fit-anything stature. He's also replaced a bunch of stuff on it to make sure it's running perfectly. I'm super, SUPER excited to ride it. I consider it to be the Goldwing's sister bike. They look so cute together in the garage. 8-) I'm hoping that with it made-to-fit, I'll be able to ride much longer than I was before on my little beginner bike---the Virago 250. I have a bad back as well, so it makes it difficult even without other physical limitations.

I've been telling WingAdmin that he needs to put a how-to section for the PC800 on this site too because he's done so much work on it, but I guess there's not too many of us out there to make it worth the while. It's a WONDERFUL bike though. I'm so happy with it, and my great mechanic. :) You should have him tell you how he was able to customize my handlebars---I think it's brilliant (of course).

I think it would be really fun to get to meet some of you local folks this summer and go on a ride together. We'll have to see what we can put together when the season really gets going. :D

WingAdmin
Site Admin
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Wow, not a whole lot I can say after a glowing review like that!! I obviously lucked out when I found her (ok, really, she found me).

I notice that she's uploaded a few pictures as well - wow, she's really starting to take part here! :) Mrs. WingAdmin's Picture Gallery

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Hats off to both Mr and Mrs....there is a lot of patience going on with keeping this little world alive. I dig reading what everyone is doing, it is part of my daily routine (like I need another thing to add to my day) and I always learn.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am

Mag wrote:Hats off to both Mr and Mrs....there is a lot of patience going on with keeping this little world alive. I dig reading what everyone is doing, it is part of my daily routine (like I need another thing to add to my day) and I always learn.

I still have the (almost) daily routine of reading everything that gets posted here. I used to try to reply to almost everything, but those days are long gone. It's a fair task to keep up on reading everything, and then jumping into help wherever I can.

RhinoWing
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 InterState

Postby RhinoWing » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 am

Here in South Africa you would be called gods....................... ;)

Seriously, i sit here with tears in my eyes, thinking how lucky i am to be part of this GoldWing family :D
To Mr. & Mrs WingAdmin...........thaaaaaaaaaaaank you very much.

Oh!!! and i see you have your own elepahants too :lol:

Kevin

Ride like the Wing!

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 am

Looky what you went and started Seabeechief, and it's a good thing...RhinoWing with 17 posts you feel that way?? Really man ???? Think how I must feel then...Or someone like VirgilMobile, he has more posts than I do and he joined after I did I think..... what I dscovered on here is that it's not always about who gets the correct answer or diagnosis to a issue, it placing down your opinion based on experiences and thoughts, It's a win win solution to a person wanting to fix his problem,,He can check this and that, no matter how simple the problem may be, he will get a different prospective from many different guys...Besides it's so fun to read and see who gets the right answer...Problem solving...That's what drew my over here..I love that stuff..Never gets boring.....There's never much fighting going on here either...I like that....No huge ego's either....That's a major plus in my book... :D ... Seabeechief, thanks for posting this...and thank you for Serving our Country Sir.. Oh yeah, and one other thing about this site,,,it's personable, If you have a problem, there are dudes out here just waiting to help....whether it be a problem with a women/man or if it is a daughter issue, a Car issue a plumbing issue, whatever,,,there's plenty of experience here I'm sure...There is one rule though,,, It's the Beaver rule,,,Don't you ever trash our Admin... :D

Fatboy46
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing 1500 Aspencade with Roadsmith Trike kit

Postby Fatboy46 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Ditto! WingAdmin is the best!!

RFW&LMW
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 SE/1971 CB750 sold/ 1963 BSA 650 Gold Star Twin,/
1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash, both bikes long gone way in the past.

Postby RFW&LMW » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Mr.& Mrs. Goldwing Docs are DEFINATLY THE BEST! :D :D

Ride Safe:
Come On Spring:

Roy
THE GRISWALDS

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Wow Wingadmin, you better start planning what you are going to do for Mrs. Wingadmin for Valentines day after all the praise and glory she laid on you. You are both great people, we need more folks like you guys in this word!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”