Thanks to WingAdmin and many others

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
smilam
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 With a Roadsmith Trike Conversion

Thanks to WingAdmin and many others

Postby smilam » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:32 pm

I want to thank WingAdmin for his excellent how to articles. :D I try to check out this site pretty often and am always amazed at what I can learn. Everybody is so willing to share their knowledge and help out those of us that are new to wrenching on these machines. Since I retired I have the time to do some of the maintenance on my GL1500 myself with the bonus of saving some money.
Last year I changed the oil, oil filter, brake and clutch fluids, but paid over 600 dollars for the local bike shop to do a tune up and a 35000 mile service.
Today I installed new timing belts, fuel filter, air filter, cruise filter, sub filter, and anti freeze. Tomorrow I will change the oil, oil filter and rear drive fluid weather permitting.
Without the well written how to articles, with the pictures which I find invaluable, and seeing how much help is available on this forum I am not sure how much of this I would have attempted.
Thanks again to all of you who have given so much of your time to share your knowledge with the rest of us.
Steve

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Thanks to WingAdmin and many others

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Awesome. This is what I love to hear, because what you just said is exactly the reason I created this site in the first place. Thanks for writing!

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Re: Thanks to WingAdmin and many others

Postby Big Blue UK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Another Steve here who feels exactly the same way, who has also recently retired. The only thing I have ever paid a garage to do is MOT's. Thanks to this site I have had to entrust my wing to no one but myself.
Shortly I will be replacing my LCD display, fitting instrument LEDs, radio LED's, Audio input, making my own headsets, changing the fork oil, fitting a Road sofa, plus a few other jobs, having the time I have never had before I will go straight from one job to the next. It is great to know what you are doing from start to finish thanks to this site.

All I am waiting for is my LCD display and Road sofa from US that I am happily tracking
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”