The sun has fried my brain!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Fulcrum
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100

The sun has fried my brain!

Postby Fulcrum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Some days you should just not wrench on things. So in ten minuted I did 3 stupid things. I decided to sell my 85 Interceptor to help fund my Goldwing rebuild and went to start it up. Key on, kill swicth on, hit the button............. nothing. Looked at it for a few seconds and then remembered I removed the battery and put it in the Goldwing, duh! So I go to the wing and decided to start it up. Choke, key, petcock, hit the button............. crank but no start? Stare at it for a few seconds, then I look at the engine and remembered I pulled the plugs, doh! Laugh at myself for a second. So then I go to the pool and reach in to change the direction of one of the jets. Man that sucker is on tight! Then I realized that I was actually tightening it with my left arm, Super doh!!! I have now decided to go back inside and watch tv for a while cause that is all my brain wants me to do!

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: The sun has fried my brain!

Postby themainviking » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm

The sun fried my brain today also, but all I did today was ride. First really nice week of the year, and I have gone a thousand kilometers in circles, going nowhere and ending up back in the same place. But it was great.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Fulcrum
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100

Postby Fulcrum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Thats awesome. All I have been riding is short hops on my Suzuki. Just not quite the same experience riding a sport bike as on a cruiser. Looking forward to riding mine soon.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Now I just laughed my butt off....The first line cracked me up...I know where your at man..This is my daily look :shock: ...Everything makes me look like that guy...My wife made me that way and kids....I don't ever answer them anymore , I just give them this look :shock: ....It's my favorite look.. When you sport this look nobody blames you for anything because you have it.. :lol: The wife asked me today if I did the dishes..... :shock: what??? I replied Huh... :shock: did you put gas in my car...Huh :shock: :lol: :lol: I want a T-shirt with this guy on it, Shoot I can make one for myself...Watch me...I can do anything... :shock: Hey fulcrum, you gonna try it again tomorrow? :lol: At least you have a brain to get fried... :shock: I got none... :shock: :lol:

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 am

Damn....I had that look when my wife asked me....'Did you feed the birds this weekend?' My response... :shock: (No food in the dishes....I was about ready to say "Here's your sign" :lol:

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Well, it must be something in the air then....or as you said, the sun has also fried my brain...I took my new to me trike to get it inspected as it came from New York and I could not find any safety inspection. Now I know an out of state bike must be inspected to get it registered in TX. It was registered in TX when I bought it but still had NY title. That info was stored in my brain a few weeks ago. I take the bike to get it inspected....all of a sudden brake lights don't work. I brought it back home. Was ready to rip everything apart...checked fuse was good, swapped it out anyway with known good one...still nothing from either front brake or foot brake. Swapped relays, nothing....Well, it turned out whoever wired the trailer plug must have just stripped and twisted..as I decided to start there since it was an add on... Found a ball about 2" in diameter of wires and tape..wiggled them around, pushed, pulled and bingo, popped a fuse...replaced the fuse and brake lights now work. It started raining so put everything back together and will redo the wiring for the trailer plug later. Took it back today to get it inspected again..When the guy finished, punched the dates on the sticker and ask where I wanted it. I didn't have one of those little plates on the back so I said..just stick it on the windshield. He went to do so and spotted a sticker on the front fork....a 3 week old one, good for another full year....So besides all the headache I blew the $14.50 for a sticker I already had.
I had two other crazy things happen, but this post is already too long. Maybe another time.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm

I like civic minded citizens who are only too willing to donate money to the State to help to make sure that the State does not go bankrupt. :twisted:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

twostrokes48
75 GL1000 (restoring)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh Yes, I like to do my part. That's why I have 8 licensed, tagged, insured and safety inspected (minus one) including cars, trucks, and bikes. And I am the only driver in the family....Simply another sign that I have had the sun fry my brain....I am in the process of thinning the herd. I think I have done enough for the state already.

twostrokes48
75 GL1000 (restoring)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Oh Yes, I like to do my part. That's why I have 8 licensed, tagged, insured and safety inspected (minus one) including cars, trucks, and bikes. And I am the only driver in the family....Simply another sign that I have had the sun fry my brain....I am in the process of thinning the herd. I think I have done enough for the state already.

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Fulcrum wrote:Some days you should just not wrench on things. So in ten minuted I did 3 stupid things. I decided to sell my 85 Interceptor to help fund my Goldwing rebuild and went to start it up. Key on, kill swicth on, hit the button............. nothing. Looked at it for a few seconds and then remembered I removed the battery and put it in the Goldwing, duh! So I go to the wing and decided to start it up. Choke, key, petcock, hit the button............. crank but no start? Stare at it for a few seconds, then I look at the engine and remembered I pulled the plugs, doh! Laugh at myself for a second. So then I go to the pool and reach in to change the direction of one of the jets. Man that sucker is on tight! Then I realized that I was actually tightening it with my left arm, Super doh!!! I have now decided to go back inside and watch tv for a while cause that is all my brain wants me to do!

I had to look twice as to who posted this one, I for sure thought it was the Little Beaver :lol: :lol:

WA9FWT Phil

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Ha Ha Ha !!! You guys crack me up. Thanks guys, I needed that today. I've been there done that MANY times. One example: I got my first bike a few years ago. Some friends came over later that evening to see it. So, I went to fire it up, and....nothing Tried again, ... nothing, a 3rd time, a 4th time, well, you get the idea. They all chuckled and left.
Since we were doing that at night I went out the next morning to try to start it again. DUH!!! The kill switch was on (off?) . I'm glad no one was around to see just how red my face was. DUH again!!!

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Speaking of Brain fried, I had a crash today.... :shock: :shock: For real's... :shock: I have this grand looking trailer that I rebuilt and got from Twostrokes and I crashed it today :shock: ....I have this stupid driveway that has a good incline and I was backing the trailer into the garage and there was a point I couldn't see the trailer anymore, :shock: it was straight a second ago and then CRASH, Smack... :shock: I ran it into a washer I had sitting inside the doorway :shock: .. Oh my word.. I must buy myself a new tail light lense now.. :shock: All I had to do is lower my tailgate to see the trailer..Now that's brain fried...Fulcrum, I knew something was wrong with you the first time I saw your avitar, then I looked at your location ...TEXAS...That explains it..We are cut from the same cloth down this way...I also thought you must be a butcher...And I thought I was good with a knife... :shock: :lol: Oh I'm gonna say it Fulcrum..The steak should have been in the shape of Texas, I don't know how you goofed that up...Fix it... :lol: :lol:

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 pm

maestro319 wrote:DUH!!! The kill switch was on (off?) . ..... DUH again!!!

I did that two weeks ago...DUH!!!!! At least not just me :shock:

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Ha Ha Ha mag, thanks. Now I know I'm not alone too.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”