All balls

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
jonnypar
Motorcycle: 2007 Black Cherry Goldwing 1800

All balls

Postby jonnypar » Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 pm

I got some All Balls steering bearing installed along with handlebar risers today. I must say the steering seems much tighter and more responsive but I'm not sure how much is due to the bearings and how much is due to the handlebars being much more comfortable for me. Either way I like the feel and look forward to taking a nice long ride this weekend to put it to the test.

Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: All balls

Postby WingAdmin » Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 pm

jonnypar wrote:I got some All Balls steering bearing installed along with handlebar risers today. I must say the steering seems much tighter and more responsive but I'm not sure how much is due to the bearings and how much is due to the handlebars being much more comfortable for me. Either way I like the feel and look forward to taking a nice long ride this weekend to put it to the test.

I put the same bearings in my GL1500 this winter, and I feel the same - the steering is much more responsive.

Give the front end a check again after a thousand miles or so, after the bearings have had time to seat. Make sure it hasn't come loose at all, some of them need to be re-torqued.

jonnypar
Motorcycle: 2007 Black Cherry Goldwing 1800

Re: All balls

Postby jonnypar » Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 pm

That sounds like great advice. I'll be leaving to Colorado late june so I will definitely check it a couple times before we head out. better safe than sorry.
Thank you.
Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”