Picked Up 2 Vintage Small Bikes

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Picked Up 2 Vintage Small Bikes

Postby wjnfirearms » Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 am

A woman came into the shop last week asking if the 2 small bikes she had and wanted to be rid of might be worth more than having the scrap man haul away. I told her that I'd be by to take a look at them and see if either I wanted them or just let them go to the scrap yard.

Yesterday, I went over there with my son to take a peak. What we found were a late '70s Honda Trail 90 and a Puch Maxi moped. The Honda has been off of the road since 1978 and the Puch, since 1986. Both were stored badly and are in rough shape, but both were complete, especially the Trail 90. They both are supposed to still have titles also. She offered them to me for a whopping $25 for both. As I had my truck with me, I took them. She is supposed to bring me the titles on Monday.

My thought is that at the very least, someone would want them for parts as both are supposed to be collectable. At the best, we might try to restore at least the Trail 90. The engine on the 90 is free and appears to still have compression. The Puch, I'm not so sure of yet. From a Google search, I see that parts for both are available and aren't that costly.

What I need to find out is how much each are worth in their present state and restored. This is going to be a big part of the decision.

Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Re: Picked Up 2 Vintage Small Bikes

Postby brettchallenger » Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 am

I looked on Ebay here in the UK (I know, the comparison won't mean much) and a couple of rough looking Puch specimens are going for £250 each.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”