Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
slingshotm
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Postby slingshotm » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 am

Hi all. I found this site looking for information on my bike. I have a 1983 GL1100I that I have had for about 6 years now. I have been in the Army for 27 years the last 17 in the Kansas Guard. Retired out of the Guard in 2010 and have been contracting in Afghanistan supporting our troops here with vehicle maintenance since then, so haven't been riding a lot. Just had the bike gone through in December while on R&R but was only able to ride it to the shop on the 1st day home and back home the day before I left to come back. Found out by reading on this site there are a lot of the things I could have done myself but just don't have the time as when I am home all my time is with family. But it is ready to ride when I come back in July for 2 weeks. :D My wife has taking up riding on her own bike that she purchased last year and is impatiently waiting for me to get home so we can go riding together. I have found a wealth of knowledge of things to check and fix the right way when I come back in December for good. I have really enjoyed reading through the different post on the site. Both for bike information and seeing how helpful everyone on the site is. Will add more later as now that I am a member I can join in on the on going topics. Will add pictures of bike once I am home on R&R.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: New Member

Postby themainviking » Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 am

Welcome to GoldwingDocs. It is not the only forum on Goldwing motorcycles, but it is probably the friendliest. Our Administrator has a great deal of knowledge, as do a lot of others, and they post How To's and Videos on how to for a lot of the older wings. We GL1800 owners just sorta sit back and look pretty. The big knowledge base is with the members who are older wing owners. Thank you for your service to YOUR country. I spent 25 years in my countries army.

Viking
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Sat May 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Also welcome to the site from Sheboygan WI. Also want too thank you for your service to this great Country.
You sure have something to look forward too in ridding with the Wife. Good Luck my friend.

We all like pictures, and will be looking for them one day.

73.... WA9FWT Phil

ka4yqi
Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE

Postby ka4yqi » Mon May 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Welcome Slingshotm. That for what you did and doing for our country. Hope you find everything you need here. Bunch of friendly guy and gals, and a few old goats like me. I am almost worthless for some info cause of CRS and OLD TIMERS. :lol: Put up pictures, cause we like them.
Happy to meet ya!

STeve

slingshotm
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Postby slingshotm » Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I have already found out all sorts of useful things on the site. The wife may not like it when I get home because will be spending more time with the bike (after time with her) :P . My wife already tells me I have CRS :lol: :lol: . As far as being older I am jealous of not having more time to spend riding, will get there one day.

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Postby Big Blue UK » Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 pm

themainviking wrote:Welcome to GoldwingDocs. It is not the only forum on Goldwing motorcycles, but it is probably the friendliest.

Could not agree more kidder.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am

Welcome to the site Slingshotm from the U.P.of Michigan. And I salute you in thanks for your service to our great country, and thank you for fighting for my every day freedoms. I hope we can meet someday and I can shake your hand.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sat May 18, 2013 11:10 am

....and (of course) welcome from the Mighty Northwest States where it is currently raining....what?? Raining? Ugh....typical spring, lol. Enjoy the site, and definitely "Thanks" for all you have done.

;)

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun May 19, 2013 2:36 am

Hello SlingshotM from the Deep South! Thank you for your efforts in service, and I trust that you will enjoy your GW and riding with you wife for many years to come. Keep smiling.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”