Uncertain

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
wjnfirearms
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Uncertain

Postby wjnfirearms » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:03 am

I haven't been around here much for reason. Things have not been going very well as of late.

First, the carb job on the GL was a bust. Turns out that the guy that did the rebuild did a poor job and used junk parts. The carbs have been with a good Honda guy and he showed me the crap. Now, it looks like I'm in for the $148 for the Randakk parts to get it on the road.

Problem is that I ran into a big glitch. The job that I was enthused about at the bike shop went sideways. I'm now unemployed. The owner of the shop, not being a manager and just wanting to be able to do his wheeling and dealing, brought back from Florida an old acquaintance of his to run things. Problem is that he is a little tyrant and has no clue about managing, aside from having a checkered past. Nobody likes him and one customer even nearly took him out for his attitude. One other employee quit because of him. I had issues with how he kept on my butt and never was happy with the fact that I wouldn't kiss his patoot and do everything his way, even though nobody else including the parts manager had any issues with me. He decided that he wanted to bring someone else that he could control in and let me go. I found out that the owner didn't want him to fire me, but he insisted that he was anyway. The owner is pretty much giving this jerk all the rope he wants. I was devastated. I've never been let go from any job ever in my life. I see this jerk everywhere we go bike related. I'm filled with anger and really want some payback. If I was really being a screw-up, then I would have deserved it. Nobody else thought so and I've been told this after the fact. Problem was that nobody else could do anything about it and nobody knew what was coming down until well after it came down, except the owner and when I approached him about the affair, he threw his hands up and said that he had nothing to do with it and walked away. Amazing!

I applied for unemployment, but it's delayed a they don't quite know how to handle the circumstances of my departure from the job. It could be denied and I'd have to appeal it which could take more weeks that it already is going to go and there's still no guarantees. I have a couple applications out and did have one interview which I think went well. My pension isn't enough to make my loan payments, insurance, and live the month on. It's downright depressing and I fight it every single day as I've never been in this position before. I never would have bought the new bike if I had any inkling that this could have happened.

Just needed to vent here, guys.

Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Re: Uncertain

Postby HALBUDD » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Well that sure sucks I had read your posts when you got the job and how excited about. Maybe the owner will find out how big a d**k this guy is and get rid of him before his business goes under,from lack of customer service. Hope every thing works out for you.--------------------Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

Kalamata
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200A Aspencade

Postby Kalamata » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:56 pm

wjnfirearms wrote:I haven't been around here much for reason. Things have not been going very well as of late.

First, the carb job on the GL was a bust. Turns out that the guy that did the rebuild did a poor job and used junk parts. The carbs have been with a good Honda guy and he showed me the crap. Now, it looks like I'm in for the $148 for the Randakk parts to get it on the road.

Problem is that I ran into a big glitch. The job that I was enthused about at the bike shop went sideways. I'm now unemployed. The owner of the shop, not being a manager and just wanting to be able to do his wheeling and dealing, brought back from Florida an old acquaintance of his to run things. Problem is that he is a little tyrant and has no clue about managing, aside from having a checkered past. Nobody likes him and one customer even nearly took him out for his attitude. One other employee quit because of him. I had issues with how he kept on my butt and never was happy with the fact that I wouldn't kiss his patoot and do everything his way, even though nobody else including the parts manager had any issues with me. He decided that he wanted to bring someone else that he could control in and let me go. I found out that the owner didn't want him to fire me, but he insisted that he was anyway. The owner is pretty much giving this jerk all the rope he wants. I was devastated. I've never been let go from any job ever in my life. I see this jerk everywhere we go bike related. I'm filled with anger and really want some payback. If I was really being a screw-up, then I would have deserved it. Nobody else thought so and I've been told this after the fact. Problem was that nobody else could do anything about it and nobody knew what was coming down until well after it came down, except the owner and when I approached him about the affair, he threw his hands up and said that he had nothing to do with it and walked away. Amazing!

I applied for unemployment, but it's delayed a they don't quite know how to handle the circumstances of my departure from the job. It could be denied and I'd have to appeal it which could take more weeks that it already is going to go and there's still no guarantees. I have a couple applications out and did have one interview which I think went well. My pension isn't enough to make my loan payments, insurance, and live the month on. It's downright depressing and I fight it every single day as I've never been in this position before. I never would have bought the new bike if I had any inkling that this could have happened.

Just needed to vent here, guys.

wjnfirearms, I am really sorry to hear what happened to you. I am in a similar situation after let go of my job of five years when I ask for a medical leave do to a heart condition and needed some treatment. Don't let this j**K take your spirit down, keep your head up, as you've done nothing to be shame of. Good luck and hope to hear good news about a new job for you soon. Unfortunately for me the doctors put me out of work for good and still fighting the Social Security since they state that I am to young (39 years) for them to approve it. Trust me prefer to work, been working since the age of 12 in a farm and construction, really miss working.
Jose

Current Ride:
1984 GL1200 Aspencade
1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800

Previous Bikes:
1982 Yamaha Seca 750
1986 Honda Rebel 250
1975 Honda CB360T

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Postby trike lady » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 pm

It's sad they let you go. Their loss will be someone else's gain. You just purchased the new 2 U Harley last time I was in town and I remember the carb issue with the Wing.
The 'DingleBerry' was leaving me a message every other day about when I was returning to the area and that they Wing still wasn't right. I had been in Michigan working on a friend's bike.
Pretty sad when the owner of the shop gets over-ruled by the GM, a person certainly lacking 'stones'.
God will take care of a fool like him one day. I put everything in God's hands, as I read in the newspaper back in Florida about a scoundrel that ripped off a number of people myself included. He died from the fall from the platform on the back of the car dealership's golf cart when the driver started the cart and he lost his balance.

I wish you all the best.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:34 am

Karma, karma, karma. WJ....keep your head up. May want to keep in touch with the owner, just in case he lets that GM go. Have a hard time once the owner wakes up and notices he is losing $$ to support his family, and that other employees would also talk to him, he may let "dweeb" go, and bring you back.

No reflection on you.

So....find another home. I have been involved in these situations like you, and have been unemployed for 5 months, just started working again yesterday on a temp job that could go perm. Sometimes crap turns to fertilizer, ya? Fingers crossed for you!

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Hey WJ, your news was both unexpected and brutal!

You appeared to have the job well in hand, and were coping with the pressures. I trust that you will not have to look long for a replacement job, and that it will even be better than the last, and last longer.

Keep smiling, and I am sure that you will bounce back, real soon. Best wishes to you and your family in this time of stress.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Sure sorry to hear about the job loss. You sounded like you had found your dream job and I thought you would be there for as long as you wanted.

Jobs are strange. I had decided to go back to work myself, but seems with a 4 year break, now no one is interested in hiring me. I am sure my age also has something to do with it. I thought for sure my last hospital I worked at would take me back in a minute but ....new manager....unit relocated....and although I still know many of the staff, nothing they can do. Of course in my case, it may be for the best...It turned out that I was not a good candidate for the heart surgery and the operation was stopped really before it was fully underway. So I am still taking the medications which give me the nasty side effects. Probably wouldn't have been a good idea to go back to work anyway. I just have to cut back on my expenses.

I hope you find something real soon so you don't have to make major adjustments to your lifestyle....as others have said, stay in touch with the owner as he may soon realize friendships and money don't always mix. When it is a problem, normal people choose to keep their money and let the friend go.

wjnfirearms
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Postby wjnfirearms » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

Another reason why I like it here...you guys are the greatest. Thanks for the support.

I hold absolutely no chance of the owner ever mending fences with me. I do firmly believe that the little schmuck has something to hold over the owner's head and/or they are in some shady business together. He is going nowhere soon. He was originally supposed to be in his position until end of July, but now he is going to be there until end of October. My investigator friend has confirmed that he has a very checkered past. I just haven't been able to get any proof of anything going on now. I'm far from over digging into this. He hurt my family and I can't let that just go.

The last few weeks have been a real test of faith. No bites yet, but one interview and no word with nobody being hired after two weeks. My unemployment was in question as they couldn't figure out what to do about it at the board because of the circumstances of my job loss. I really wasn't fired and didn't quit and was given no real plausible reason for being let go. As of this a.m., it was finally approved and all of what they have owed me for the back weeks hit my bank today. I'd rather be working as I don't like taking handouts, but it's a big relief for the present. I've never had to be on unemployment before and it doesn't feel real good. I'm not wired that way.

On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of things that have been stacking up around here done. I also had time to devote entirely to the Bantam Jeep Festival held here each year. I'm on the planning committee and in charge of public safety for the event. It was a complete success with record attendance and few issues for me to have to deal with directly. I can also now order the parts from Randakk for the carbs to maybe finally get the Wing on the road once and for all. I had to put that on hold, again.

Kalamata
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200A Aspencade

Postby Kalamata » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am

wjnfirearms wrote:Another reason why I like it here...you guys are the greatest. Thanks for the support.

I hold absolutely no chance of the owner ever mending fences with me. I do firmly believe that the little schmuck has something to hold over the owner's head and/or they are in some shady business together. He is going nowhere soon. He was originally supposed to be in his position until end of July, but now he is going to be there until end of October. My investigator friend has confirmed that he has a very checkered past. I just haven't been able to get any proof of anything going on now. I'm far from over digging into this. He hurt my family and I can't let that just go.

The last few weeks have been a real test of faith. No bites yet, but one interview and no word with nobody being hired after two weeks. My unemployment was in question as they couldn't figure out what to do about it at the board because of the circumstances of my job loss. I really wasn't fired and didn't quit and was given no real plausible reason for being let go. As of this a.m., it was finally approved and all of what they have owed me for the back weeks hit my bank today. I'd rather be working as I don't like taking handouts, but it's a big relief for the present. I've never had to be on unemployment before and it doesn't feel real good. I'm not wired that way.

On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of things that have been stacking up around here done. I also had time to devote entirely to the Bantam Jeep Festival held here each year. I'm on the planning committee and in charge of public safety for the event. It was a complete success with record attendance and few issues for me to have to deal with directly. I can also now order the parts from Randakk for the carbs to maybe finally get the Wing on the road once and for all. I had to put that on hold, again.

I am glad to hear the you finally got your unemployment compensation which will help with bill while looking for another job. Now I want to clarify a missed conception that we hard working people have, Unemployment Benefits is not a hand out and I used to think the same. If you look at your pay stub you will see that you have been paying unemployment since you started working at whatever age you started, so this money is money that you have been putting away for these hard times. If you add up all the unemployment that you have paid since you started working you have paid whatever they are giving you 10 times already, so you are only getting back a little chunk.
Jose

Current Ride:
1984 GL1200 Aspencade
1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800

Previous Bikes:
1982 Yamaha Seca 750
1986 Honda Rebel 250
1975 Honda CB360T

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

I agree with Kalamata...it is "unemployment insurance"...Insurance which was paid for either by you or by your employer or both for all the years you have been working...I too only drew it once and only for about 4 weeks. But I had always thought the same as you are thinking...The same with all the other stuff that is available along the lines of welfare, freebees, food stamps, etc etc...I never considered ever applying for any of that, always just found a way to get by. But that is our generation.
Your unemployment insurance was paid for, so use it and don't feel bad about it. Hopefully you will be back to work soon and maybe in a much better job . I wish you the best of luck.

wjnfirearms
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Postby wjnfirearms » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 am

I know what you guys are talking about and you're right...it's insurance in a way. I guess what bothers me the worst is two things. First, I've never been unemployed before. I don't like the feeling. Second, the circumstances of how my job went away. I've already explained how that happened.

A good spin off of being on the planning committee for the Jeep festival was getting friendly with the general manager of a large Chrysler and Toyota dealership here that is our platinum sponsor. I saw him yesterday and he had me fill out an application to work there. He is meeting with his parts manager that is out of town right now next week to see if they can fit me in somewhere at the Chrysler section. Toyota would be ok also. Turned out that he lives very near to me and is a motorcyclist also. Hopeful, maybe.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am

Networking is a great way to connect. Around a corner there is an opportunity that has your name on it. Stay positive, and you will turn the corner.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 pm

No matter where you work you have to get used to a p $#@k. And if it's not the boss it's someone close to the boss or someone trying to be boss. A good boss knows how to get people to happily do work. A bad boss demands you do the work and will punish you one way or another if you don't. Then when you grow up you get to be boss too. And your big boss (uncle sam) will let you work until you are 75 years old, how nice.

Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”