Modulator

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Modulator

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Received my head light modulator yesterday (thur) installed it to day. It took some time just to figure how to remove the head light in the Fairing.Bike is a 1982 A.After some time playing around I had to get on this thing just to see if some place had instructions. Found it, and I was on my way, easy if you know how. Unit installed was from Kisan Technolgies Inc.P115W
Just like a plug and play, no wire tapping. Unit flashed just like the book said it would.Went for a ride and less then 5 minutes, it stopped flashing. Back to the garage, read over the instructions again.Removed the Path-Blazer assy and found one of the wires to the sensor plug had broke off. I managed to remove the metal insert and re solder the wire. It looked like the crimped
wire broke at the connection.In fact by investagating the wires it broke in my hand. Nothing was really holding it tight...Works fine now, but I have found that now I have a hard time to adjust the head light because of the stack up, and tight space.

I found that by putting a finger over the sensor did not block the light, until I put two fingers over it, did it work. I must have thin fingers ha ha

I'm sure I should have ordered the P115-S So tomorrow I'm going to make my own wire harness so I have plenty of room to adjust the head light.
WA9FWT Phil

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Modulator

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 pm

I put the same unit on my bike, but I used the P115W-S, which has the little wire to allow you some extra space in connecting it. I had no problems with the connectors or the light sensor. Keep in mind you need to calibrate it for your light sensor position once it's all installed. Mine will stop modulating if I ride under a bridge, but it stays on during daylight.

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:34 am

good job wa , you should be seen now , :mrgreen:

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 am

actionpack wrote:good job wa , you should be seen now , :mrgreen:

O I guess they see me now with my head light up in the trees.One on comming car even pulled over to the side of the road.
All the reflection signs were flashing back to me because of it, and some of those signs were a block away.
Looked at you nice picture of your bike and the posted pictures of the little girl that you have up on the Imageshack site.
Also like your slippers, I have the same pair :lol:

WA9FWT Phil

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 pm

WA9FWT wrote:
actionpack wrote:good job wa , you should be seen now , :mrgreen:

O I guess they see me now with my head light up in the trees.One on comming car even pulled over to the side of the road.
All the reflection signs were flashing back to me because of it, and some of those signs were a block away.
Looked at you nice picture of your bike and the posted pictures of the little girl that you have up on the Imageshack site.
Also like your slippers, I have the same pair :lol:

WA9FWT Phil

thats are first g-grandaughter , she is about a yr and a half now , right full of pee and vinager , she was playing with the train i made for her for xmas , wife did the painting

guitarlos
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

Postby guitarlos » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 am

I always have people tell me that my alternator is bad because my light is flashing.... :lol:

At least they see me.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 am

guitarlos wrote:I always have people tell me that my alternator is bad because my light is flashing.... :lol:

At least they see me.

I had this happen for the first time just the other day. I was leaving work, and was in line waiting for a red light. The guy in the truck in front of me was waving vigorously for me to pull up beside him, so I did. He told me that he used to have an 82 Goldwing as well, and that there was something wrong with my headlight! He turned out to be a nice guy, and we chatted about Goldwings for about 45 seconds until the light turned green. :)

giturgun
Motorcycle: 88 1500 gl

Postby giturgun » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Have one on order and should pick it up tomorrow . Also getting a brake flasher and will replace 2 top lites with the led style bulbs. :o
[b]The Phantom gray is not the fastest wing color , But it has been known to slip by quickly and appear in front of faster colors at times[/b]

comanche
Motorcycle: 2006 GL 1800P triked

Postby comanche » Sat May 01, 2010 10:04 am

Had a signal dynamics on my Suzuki, but thatg did not stop that darn deer from running out of the cornfield and hitting me. Got hurt and the bike totalled. Deer went to bambi heaven. Now ride a GL 1800. Last night ordered a Signal Dynamics modulator plus the 2nd light connector and plan having this installed on the trike next week.

giturgun

Postby giturgun » Sat May 01, 2010 11:50 am

Got the tail light mod and bulbs in and the bulbs were 1157 red strobe on running lights and flash on brake. I put them in the lower bar and hooked the wig wag to the top set. Works good.

Put the Headlight modulator in yesterday and it works like it should so far . Still need to hook the horn wire up . But I also have a set of air horns that will be put on at that time. Just gotta take em off the jeep and get a relay for the compressor.

Went out this morning and bought a set of speakers for the front pockets , now just gotta find out how they go in the thing. :geek:
[b]The Phantom gray is not the fastest wing color , But it has been known to slip by quickly and appear in front of faster colors at times[/b]

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Sun May 02, 2010 9:18 am

WA9FWT wrote:Received my head light modulator yesterday (thur) installed it to day. It took some time just to figure how to remove the head light in the Fairing.Bike is a 1982 A.After some time playing around I had to get on this thing just to see if some place had instructions. Found it, and I was on my way, easy if you know how. Unit installed was from Kisan Technolgies Inc.P115W
Just like a plug and play, no wire tapping. Unit flashed just like the book said it would.Went for a ride and less then 5 minutes, it stopped flashing. Back to the garage, read over the instructions again.Removed the Path-Blazer assy and found one of the wires to the sensor plug had broke off. I managed to remove the metal insert and re solder the wire. It looked like the crimped
wire broke at the connection.In fact by investagating the wires it broke in my hand. Nothing was really holding it tight...Works fine now, but I have found that now I have a hard time to adjust the head light because of the stack up, and tight space.

I found that by putting a finger over the sensor did not block the light, until I put two fingers over it, did it work. I must have thin fingers ha ha

I'm sure I should have ordered the P115-S So tomorrow I'm going to make my own wire harness so I have plenty of room to adjust the head light.
WA9FWT Phil

After sending a note to Kisan about my problem with the wire end plug, they sent me a new wire sensor assy... No charge!!

I did see that assy sells for around $10.00 I have found that they are good people to deal with.

WA9FWT Phil

giturgun

Postby giturgun » Sun May 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Don't really understand how I done this one . I got 5 1/4 inch speakers instead of 4 1/2 so they won't fit. I am going to put these in my truck and move the 6 1/2 Infinity's to the rear. I found a set of waterproof VT 4 inch that I am going to put in the passenger spots on the wing. :D

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 pm

giturgun wrote:Don't really understand how I done this one . I got 5 1/4 inch speakers instead of 4 1/2 so they won't fit. I am going to put these in my truck and move the 6 1/2 Infinity's to the rear. I found a set of waterproof VT 4 inch that I am going to put in the passenger spots on the wing. :D

I bet we hear you comming down the highway now !! I was along side a Harley over the week end,and he had his Radio on so loud that I could here it,thats if he wasn't twisting that throttle...

WA9FWT Phil

comanche
Motorcycle: 2006 GL 1800P triked

Postby comanche » Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 pm

I keep my music on the speaker up real loud. Do not like riding behind Harley riders. Only one thing is worse and that is to ride behind one of our club members. He runs up on the bike in front of him then puts on his brakes and does this all ride long. To make matters worse, he rides a harley :P

gildco
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Air

Postby gildco » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I have recently bought a 2008 GW Air, and reading posts about having a front-light modulator makes me interested in installing one. Have any of you 2008 GW owners done so? How much of a job is it to install? Would appreciate some advice.

gildco

Wadcutter
Motorcycle: GL1500

Postby Wadcutter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm

The Kirsan Pathblazer is about as simple as they come. They plug into the headlight. Unplug the socket from the headlight, plug the Pathblazer into the headlight, plug the socket into the Pathblazer, run the sensor some place where it can monitor daylight/darkness. You're all set. With the dual headlights there is a master and slave unit. The master plugs into one headlight and the slave plugs into the other headlight. That way both headlights modulate at the same time. If you can change the headlight bulb then you can install the Pathblazer.
Other makes are just as simple but some require a bit more labor.
If you do a websearch there use to be a video showing how to install one.

gildco

Postby gildco » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks for the info. I shall pursue it.

Wadcutter
Motorcycle: GL1500

Postby Wadcutter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 am

I knew I had saved a "how to" link but just found it.
http://www.hrot.org/martino/goldwing/he ... /index.htm

gildco

Postby gildco » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I will check out this site.

gildco

Return to “Goldwing Chat”