Man oh man, a freakin sweatlodge

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Man oh man, a freakin sweatlodge

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

Hello folks, I haven't been on much here because we moved from San Antonio to Columbus MS. I thought it was hot there in Texas :shock: ,,it is but once you add in the humidity factor here it is a freakin sweatlodge man, I will get myself leaner here for sure..The rent house we got here is freakin awesome, its a Ranch style house, one level with two car garage, and fence for the doggy, a woodshop in the back and a shed as well OMG with next bright lights..My wife did well finding this place, rent is less that we were paying in SA and we get more :D ..The yard is massive..At least a full football field in front and half a field in back :shock: .. Best for last, the wood shop is where I parked my Ginge, he has nice bright lights in there, when I turned them on it looked like a surgical room.. :shock: OOOh man, I can worked alte hours on my crafts out there..I love it...Oh and it's the perfect size 16' by 16' my goodness...So hello Mississippi...I just hope my daughter likes the school..

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: Man oh man, a freakin sweatlodge

Postby bustedwing » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 pm

As you have noticed we have a "little"more humidity then you did in Texas. Some days you can cut off a chunk and mail it back home. But it shouldn't take you long to get used to the weather, then it will change to winter. So congratulations, enjoy your riding time while you can.
Proud member Patriot Guard

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Postby HALBUDD » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Glad that you guys found a nice place,and one that has a play room for the Beaver to play in haha. I was wondering what happened to you since I have not seen any posts from you lately. Hope you guys are doing ok down there.-------------------------------Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Yep, moving is always an adventure, the roads here in Miss. are looking pretty good for the biker guy... I see lots of motorcycles in the area, more than usual too..I am looking forward to exploring a new area... The trailer I got from Twostrokes did beautifully on the trip over here..I pulled it with the U-haul...Most awesome deal on that trailer...I got a brand new toy yesterday...a Husqvarna 46" riding mower, I haven't had anything new since my Nomad back in 04, I have a huge yard to cut, I have my old mower in Kansas that I'm bringing down so my daughter can ride that one behind the new one giving us at least a 80" cut in one pass, that should do the trick... I can't afford one of those 60" cutter, with a zero degree radius, I sure wish I could...but my idea of riding two should do just as good..Without all that extra cost...those Monkeys are expensive man....Like the Grasshopper... :shock: Nice though...I haven't had to touch my Motorcycle in some time,,all I do is just ride it now...I wanted to kick that thing a few times in the past, but all that patience has paid off and I would trade it for a brand new Harley... :shock: :shock: Well maybe.. :lol:

bjatwood
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE
1973 CB750 K3
1970 CT70-HKO

Postby bjatwood » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Glad your enjouyin the new digs Beav. We have alot of humidity here in Nebraska too. It helps the corn grow, and me to lose weight...LOL

Poohman
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200A Apsencade
1998 GL1500 SE

Postby Poohman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Glad to see you like the Humidity! I live here in the Sunny State of Florida and with the sun comes a lot of Humidity. HA HA ! But it really works when you want to ride a lot. I work in a Machine shop and the building I work in has no I mean NO air. just a couple of fans to move all that Humid air around. I sweat daily! most of the time i am Soaked by 10 am and I mean down to the socks. LOL! But I can't complain, The riding weather is good 80% of the time. Really good in the winter months. I would kill for a nice workshop out back by my lake. That way I could work and fish at the same time.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:34 pm

You guys dont know what humidity is! On some days we get our humidity down to 5%, but today it is a mild 49%, because there is some rain in the area - afterall, it is winter here. I guess we have to have some colder weather so that we can enjoy the heat.

Well, LB, it sounds like you will be productive again, once the riding season is finished, so I hope you and your family enjoy the new house and neighbourhood.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:15 am

redial wrote:You guys dont know what humidity is! On some days we get our humidity down to 5%, but today it is a mild 49%, because there is some rain in the area - afterall, it is winter here. I guess we have to have some colder weather so that we can enjoy the heat.

Well, LB, it sounds like you will be productive again, once the riding season is finished, so I hope you and your family enjoy the new house and neighbourhood.

Well, I think they just might, redial. Take a quick look at this chart of Average Humidity Levels in a couple places in Mississipi, US.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/M ... -month.php
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:56 pm

Well, put it this way, did doesn't take long for my shirt to be soaked.....Which is good because my body will get rid of the toxic stuff pretty quickly, I will be healther for sure..I spend alot of time outside. Oh man my alt. Conversion is most awesome still... :D

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:42 am

As it is winter here, we have cool wet winters, so we expect the humidity to rise while it is, or about to, rain. The following table gives you the range of temperatures for the end of June 13.

Sunday Wind Rain Humid Temp
Afternoon Partly Cloudy.
Mild. 16 km/h
WSW - 65% 17
Evening Mostly Clear Mostly Clear. Cool. 12 km/h
W - 84% 15
Overnight Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy. Cool. 12 km/h
W - 86% 12
Monday Wind Rain Humid Temp
Morning Mostly Sunny Mostly Sunny. Cool. 15 km/h
W - 79% 15
Afternoon Mostly Sunny Mostly Sunny. Mild. 16 km/h
W - 66% 17
Evening Clear Clear. Cool. 12 km/h
WNW - 81% 14
Overnight Clear Clear. Cool. 13 km/h
WNW - 84% 10
Tuesday Wind Rain Humid Temp
Morning Sunny Sunny. Cool. 16 km/h
WNW - 72% 14

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”