My dog ate my dinner

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

My dog ate my dinner

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Auh Man, my freakin dog man... :evil: I love my puppy doggy...But the little sh-t ate my supper..See here in Miss. they have these gas stations with some really great food inside, I'm talkin some of the best catfish I ever tasted and BQ chicken too... :shock: I like yard bird....I like it BQ the best so when I saw that they had some in the store I had to try it..I bought two leg quarters for like $6 and I ate one once I got home...Boy was it ever good and I was so looking forward to the second one later...They wife got home and I got it out to show her my findings and to have her taste it..I set it on the counter and then someone called me away for just a minute..My doggy somehow got it off the counter and ate it in about 3 minutes or so..I hope she doesn't die....see it was wrapped up in seran wrap about 4 times around..OMG she ate the plastic too.. :shock: I walked in and saw my bag it came in and she was licking her chops and my chicken that tasted so good ended up in her belly instead of mine..I'm not supposed to be eating that anyway so maybe its a sign.... Silly rabbit doggy. I gotta watch her closely..she always into something..

Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Re: My dog ate my dinner

Postby Sidcar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Your dog was just thinking of your cholesterol levels.
That's what I call a faithful friend.

Sid

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Postby HALBUDD » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Guess you will have to go back to tacos with hot sauce to keep your dog from eating all your food. Dont feel to bad Beave I came home the other day to find my lab had eaten my wife's left over Chinese food and then got sick and barfed on the bed. I cant figure out where she finds these things.-------------------------------Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 am

Dogs get hungry too! For those people that feed their dogs once a day, do you ever find an up-chuck that is yellowish? This is because the dog's stomach is empty and it has an excess of bile (bile is used to break down fats), and when there is too much, the overflow kicks in.

The cure, give you dog a small handful of kibble in the morning (or the evening if it gets fed in morning), so that its stomach has something to work on.

Our dogs, three Basenjis, probably eat more grass than a rabbit would. Everyday when out walking, the dogs find their favourite type of grass to munch on. They know the spots, and seeing that we have nine variations, they never go home without some grass.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

littlebeaver
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:36 pm

redial wrote:Dogs get hungry too! For those people that feed their dogs once a day, do you ever find an up-chuck that is yellowish? This is because the dog's stomach is empty and it has an excess of bile (bile is used to break down fats), and when there is too much, the overflow kicks in.

The cure, give you dog a small handful of kibble in the morning (or the evening if it gets fed in morning), so that its stomach has something to work on.

Our dogs, three Basenjis, probably eat more grass than a rabbit would. Everyday when out walking, the dogs find their favourite type of grass to munch on. They know the spots, and seeing that we have nine variations, they never go home without some grass.

ha ha ha ha My Baley eating grass....ha ha ha not in a million years man...."Here Baley" come get your favorite grass for the day..ha ha ha ha ha..Not happening man.. we don't give her table scraps often but usually just dog food...She steals enough stuff though to make her happy...Oh we found the best swimming hole man..Just up the Hwy too..awesome, perfect for canoeing[OMG] :D ... :D We love this place..Put San Antonio to shame.. went for a ride today and the road kick butt man..45 mph in most parts of the back hwys..easy riding and you go a long way without stop signs..love it.. :D

littlebeaver

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

redial wrote:Dogs get hungry too! For those people that feed their dogs once a day, do you ever find an up-chuck that is yellowish? This is because the dog's stomach is empty and it has an excess of bile (bile is used to break down fats), and when there is too much, the overflow kicks in.

ha ha ha ha My Baley eating grass....ha ha ha not in a million years man...."Here Baley" come get your favorite grass for the day..ha ha ha ha ha..Not happening man.. we don't give her table scraps often but usually just dog food...She steals enough stuff though to make her happy...Oh we found the best swimming hole man..Just up the Hwy too..awesome, perfect for canoeing[OMG] :D ... :D We love this place..Puts San Antonio to shame.. went for a ride today and the road kicks butt man..45 mph in most parts of the back hwys..easy riding and you go a long way without stop signs..love it.. :D

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am

That's what puppy dogs are for.. HA HA Ya once I bought a pound of roast beef set it on the table to get some lettuce tomato and horse radish Now I need roast beef :lol: :lol: Darn dog SALLY

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Reminds me of many years ago on Thanksgiving day. While living in the Philippines back in 1991 we had to move after Mt. Pinatubo erupted (on top of us)...Anyway we moved 120 miles north to a small beach town with a number of small beach resorts run by Americans or Australians.

Well, we rented a small 2 room unit on the beach. We had our wonderful over sized (read giant) German Shepard with us. This thing was 1/8 Great Dane and although it had perfect Shepard markings it took its size from the Great Dane....But back to the original story....All the Bases had closed by this time. I had a Turkey in the Freezer which we saved for Thanksgiving.... It had been perfectly roasted and was placed on top of the stove to cool and rest. (never slice a fresh out of the oven Turkey or any other meat). It should rest first. Anyway....While waiting for the Turkey to rest and the Pie in the oven to cook, we decided to go for a swim.

We chained the dog outside the door and headed the 150 feet to the beach edge. We heard our dog barking like crazy. The manager of the resort was hollering. We got out of the water and came a running to see what was going on. The dog was preventing people from passing our door on their way to the beach. Well, that wasn't nice, so we gladly opened the door and put the dog inside the room. Solving the problem, we headed back to the water.

30 minutes later (when the pie should be done), we climbed back out of the water ready for out Thanksgiving meal, knowing it would be our last in the Philippines having Turkey because there was no longer anyplace to purchase one. When we entered the unit, there was Duke...with the look of disgrace on his face. But he couldn't help but continue to lick his chops. We found a few scattered pieces and some bones and that was about it. he had EATEN the whole Turkey. But, we didn't punish him, as it was our fault for locking him in the house with the Turkey . At least we got to eat the pie. He couldn't figure how to get that out of the oven.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:53 pm

A post-party trick for one of my Basenjis was to wait while we had dinner, then when the guests had had their fill of port and cheese, and they were departing we would see them safely off. While we were outside, the dog would leap onto the table in one easy leap, and help himself to the cheese that was left on the table - he did prefer camembert, though, but he would eat any cheese that was available.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”