Been Down For A While. Thanks, Sprint...NOT!!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
wjnfirearms
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Been Down For A While. Thanks, Sprint...NOT!!

Postby wjnfirearms » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:55 am

I haven't been around the past week and a half because we had no internet. Being rural, our options are limited. The cable company stopped stringing cable about a mile away, DSL isn't in the cards because we need a new switching station closer to where I live (for the past ten years).

We have been using Sprint wireless where I built a local network using an air card router. It worked fine for a number of years until they decided it was time to upgrade the service and shut down the system without warning. It is also adversely affecting our cell phones. Originally, it was only supposed to be a two day outage which has turned into ten plus.

After expressing my extreme displeasure multiple times, more so with this happening without warning, we dumped the system I built and switched to HughesNet satellite. It used to be way expensive, but now is very competitively priced. It works very well and all the issues with streaming have disappeared.

So, here I be! ;)

Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Been Down For A While. Thanks, Sprint...NOT!!

Postby trike lady » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 am

Have been wondering where you were.
Hope things are looking better for you.
I understand the problems you're having with Sprint, they also handle Virgin Mobile Broadband 2 Go and the service was horrible. Same thing in Florida when they upgraded, no notice that service would be interrupted with the upgrade. Have free internet where I am living and its through Armstrong Cable.
:D
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Postby brettchallenger » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:21 am

trike lady wrote:Have been wondering where you were.
I understand the problems you're having with Sprint, they also handle Virgin Mobile Broadband 2 Go and the service was horrible. Same thing in Florida when they upgraded, no notice that service would be interrupted with the upgrade. Have free internet where I am living and its through Armstrong Cable.

As I am sure you are aware, there is no such thing as "free". Someone is paying for it, and given the price of my internet connection, I am assuming it is I. Please send money immediately!
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Postby trike lady » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

brettchallenger wrote:
trike lady wrote:Have been wondering where you were.

As I am sure you are aware, there is no such thing as "free". Someone is paying for it, and given the price of my internet connection, I am assuming it is I. Please send money immediately!

Actually it is included in the $100.00 I pay per week to live in the rooming house. I normally pay $35.00 a month for something that doesn't work right. I also have cable included.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 am

Dont you northerners get free wifi at Mickey D's? Hungry Jack's aka Burger King also do the same. Alas, there is not a power socket to be seen, so when your battery is empty, your session is finished.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”