newbie trying to find someone

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
biffabacon
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

newbie trying to find someone

Postby biffabacon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi everyone,
Im new to this site, and like what I read. Heres a really long shot.... I bought a '88 1500 4 years ago. It was an import to the UK, and originally came from Michigan. I have loads of old bills for the bike, and the name on the bills is for Mr.Ken Mix. On the rear of the trunk there are some decals 'Ken' and 'Maggie'. So putting 2 and 2 together, Im wondering if by any fluke anyone knows of Ken and Maggie Mix from Michigan, I wonder if they still may have a 'wing. I thought it might interest them to see their old bike in pictures, and see what happened to it...On the internet I can find Ken and Maggie Mix still living in Michigan, but cant get an email address.
Its one of the things I think about when Ive nothing better to do (Im on a 2 week holiday from work at the moment :D ).
Thanks for reading this!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: newbie trying to find someone

Postby bustedwing » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Do you have a town or city
Maybe someone on this side of the pond can do a search. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan which is a lot less crowded, but you never know. If you have some bills there should be a town on the address.
Proud member Patriot Guard

biffabacon

Postby biffabacon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking at the bills, work was done on the bike at 'Tom's cycle and machine' 1002 east state street, St.Johns, Michigan,48879. The bill was made out to Ken Mix at 11700 Hanover Rd, MI, 49241. I've looked at the address on google maps, and the address exists, it looks to be in the middle of nowhere! The bills are from 1991 so its a fair time ago.

bustedwing

Postby bustedwing » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:38 am

St.Johns is a town in lower Michigan north of Lansing. That is approximately 300 miles from my location. One thought is if you are a Facebook or one of the social network member you can do a friendrequest and if they are also on it they will receive the request. You can use Twitter, or others that I can't think of right now, but it's worth a try.

wing rider 2012
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Level I Blue/Silver
1998 GL1500 Aspy
1985 Venture Royal 1300
1979 GL1000

Postby wing rider 2012 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:33 pm

I did a quick records search and the name Kenneth & Maggie Mix did come up in Hanover, MI. I did locate the telephone number for them.
Vietnam Veteran
9th ID, Jan 69 - Oct 70
Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member: Vietnam Veterans of America
Member: GWTA. Chapter A, Grants Pass, Oregon

biffabacon

Postby biffabacon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 pm

bustedwing,
I looked on google maps when you sent your reply, Blimy, Michigan is massive :D I didn't realise the distances over there. No wonder Goldwings sell so well :lol: Good job you didn't suggest popping round for a cup of tea to his place!! I feel like Columbo,Im getting closer to finding him/them thanks to Wingrider 2012, if I could get an email address it would be the icing on the cake....That's supposing he's interested in his old bike.

bustedwing

Postby bustedwing » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:18 pm

I bet they would be very surprised to find out their old Wing made a trip over the pond. If I was you I would give it a try.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 pm

biffabacon wrote:bustedwing,
I looked on google maps when you sent your reply, Blimy, Michigan is massive :D I didn't realise the distances over there. No wonder Goldwings sell so well :lol: Good job you didn't suggest popping round for a cup of tea to his place!! I feel like Columbo,Im getting closer to finding him/them thanks to Wingrider 2012, if I could get an email address it would be the icing on the cake....That's supposing he's interested in his old bike.

I laughed when I read this. I've had many people come here to visit from England, and they have absolutely no concept of the distances involved. One couple staying with me said they had plans to do a "day trip" out to the Grand Canyon. They couldn't even comprehend it when I told them that it was three full days of driving just to GET there.

wing rider 2012
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Level I Blue/Silver
1998 GL1500 Aspy
1985 Venture Royal 1300
1979 GL1000

Postby wing rider 2012 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Allot of people in Europe don't realize that you could sit most of Europe on the east side of the Mississippi River. A day trip for me is to the coast and back.
Vietnam Veteran
9th ID, Jan 69 - Oct 70
Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member: Vietnam Veterans of America
Member: GWTA. Chapter A, Grants Pass, Oregon

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Postby Fiberthree » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 am

WingAdmin wrote:
I laughed when I read this. I've had many people come here to visit from England, and they have absolutely no concept of the distances involved. One couple staying with me said they had plans to do a "day trip" out to the Grand Canyon. They couldn't even comprehend it when I told them that it was three full days of driving just to GET there.

My daughter is goming out in two weeks with her husband and his folks. They too will be taking a trip to the Grand Canyon but fortunately my son in law has been there so he has an idea of the distance! They will be traveling from SoCal to Las Vegas and then to the big pit. Should be interesting.
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

bustedwing

Postby bustedwing » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 am

I got a kick out of the comment"blimey, Michigan is huge"not knowing that from one end of Michigan to the other is 700 miles roughly. A state like Texas or California covers a lot more real estate.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”