body work time

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
hockeystuff54
Motorcycle: 1980 honda goldwing gl 1100

body work time

Postby hockeystuff54 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:40 pm

started the body job on my wing three days ago,i sure underestimated the time its gonna take,got 15 hrs on the tank body,i now realize its gonna be a long process because of the need to remove all chrome ,emblems and add ons to the bike ,but im to hard headed to take it to the body shop,wanna know when this rebuild is done I did everything ,its an 1980 wing and all the mechanicl is done just wanna change the look ,guess I just keep sanding and dreaming lol

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: body work time

Postby bustedwing » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey, that's great. I would like to tackle my '90 trike but we married of a daughter this June so maybe next year. But at least you know it's done the way you want, even if it does take a little longer, so what?
Proud member Patriot Guard

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey Bustedwing,
If you married off a daughter in June, you should be rolling in cash and time, now that she is setting up her own nest, and only coming around for meals, washing, ironing, Bank of Mom, TV, and gossip. That should leave you heaps of time to do the things that you always wanted to do :lol:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Ya except she lives 2 blocks from home, a the guy she married has two kids from a previous marriage, so you are right for the most part. But she is close enough to say"hey Dad, I need you to come over and fix this thing that my new hubby has no idea how to fix"such is life.

Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”