Homicide Averted


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 am



My wife, while backing out of the garage, backed our car into my Goldwing. I heard the crash and knew exactly what had happened. In a panic, I rushed out to the driveway, almost being knocked down by my love as she rushed into the house. I picked the bike up and went back into the house, arriving too late - she had already stashed the shotgun in some unknown-by-me location.
How is the bike, you ask? It has a scuff mark on the back and another on the saddlebag when it went over. The car has a bigger mark on the bumper. (Its a red mark.) Neither vehicles were seriously damaged, and because of my wife's quick action, neither is she or our marriage.



User avatar
thrasherg
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Plano, TX
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby thrasherg » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 am

Glad to hear that all those involved will survive!! Sounds like you will be getting pampered this weekend!! Got to keep reminding the wife of what she did.. Milk it for all you can!! :lol:

Gary

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby WA9FWT » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

Glad to here everything turned out ok. :)
But why is it always a accident when we back up ! :lol:
Backed my 32' motorhome out my drive way and hit the next door neighbors car across the street. No problem I told him, I will get his car fixed and called the cops. My mistake calling the cops, I got a ticket :lol: :lol:
I told the cop I should have not called you, and his remark was " RIGHT " Here is your ticket.

WA9FWT Phil

User avatar
wjnfirearms
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm
Location: Portersville, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C
Contact:

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wjnfirearms » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:30 am

Accident is a questionable term, for sure.

A few years back, I had a Corolla work car. It was old, but in real nice shape. I had just repainted the black trim on the back of the trunk lid and did a pretty nice job, if I do say myself. The wife was heading out somewhere in her Jeep. She backed out and I watched her head right for the back of the Toyota hitting the trunk, where? You guessed right...into the section that I just repainted that day denting in half the trunk lid. She never heard me scream for her to stop. She definitely heard me scream after she realized what happened.
Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:07 am

Ok, I have a problem with this story,,, Wepaddle,,, You never stated her mood at the time, was she angry at you for something you did or didn't do? Think, did you upset her in the week before at anytime? She knows the number one thing you like best is your bike, what better way to get even than to hit it or run it over :shock: , did she say she was sorry or was she grinning behind your back? Better watch your step man these women folks are sly... They wrote the book on payback.. :lol: I'm sure she didn't mean it and she's feeling pretty bad now though.. :lol: Something to think about though...Never ever ever insult a womens cooking..EVER... :shock: Man law #46...In the beaver book... :lol: You're story was funny, I laughed at the first line.. :lol:

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Well now that you mention it, there was this one time back in '07, but .... I better not go there.
I don't think there was any malice intended. She likes riding at least as much as I do. When I first got the bike, she was aprehensive about riding, so I had a good spell where I tooled around alone. However, once she took her first ride, it became "two for the road" - always.

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby WA9FWT » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:22 pm

wepaddle wrote:Well now that you mention it, there was this one time back in '07, but .... I better not go there.
I don't think there was any malice intended. She likes riding at least as much as I do. When I first got the bike, she was aprehensive about riding, so I had a good spell where I tooled around alone. However, once she took her first ride, it became "two for the road" - always.


I had to put training wheels on mine to get the wife to get back on. That was after we dumped it several times in one week end. No , I was not drunk :lol: My legs were just to short after a long ride. :lol: This was 4 yrs ago.

Best thing I ever did was add those training wheels. Love it now!! No more tipping over. It's like driving a ATV.

WA9FWT Phil

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:50 pm

A friend of mine just got one of those, and he loves it. However, he had to trade in his Harley (and an classic car) to pay for it and he is taking a lot of heat from the Harley crowd. :P

User avatar
WA9FWT
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: sheboygan WI U.S. A.
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby WA9FWT » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:16 pm

wepaddle wrote:A friend of mine just got one of those, and he loves it. However, he had to trade in his Harley (and an classic car) to pay for it and he is taking a lot of heat from the Harley crowd. :P


I don't have that much invested. Bought the 82ASP_ for around $2000 and the kit I in stalled my self for around
$3,600.This one will out last me for sure. Age here is 74
At least I get to enjoy riding again. I must admit it's not like riding on two wheels. There is no leaning what so ever. And when a curve comes up and says 40MPH, you do 40MPH, not 50 like on two wheels. But I may add, I feel it is a lot safer then two wheels.

How my set up compares to a real trike I don't know. Never drove one other then a H/D voyager kit.

WA9FWT Phil

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 pm

My friend says it rides a lot different but he likes it (he had to have a new one), and it got his wife back on. (She has back problems.)

User avatar
Sidcar
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby Sidcar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

How about a set of parking sensors for her Xmas present? Fairly cheap, easy to fit and could save a lot of grief.

Sid

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby themainviking » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 pm

wepaddle wrote:A friend of mine just got one of those, and he loves it. However, he had to trade in his Harley (and an classic car) to pay for it and he is taking a lot of heat from the Harley crowd. :P


I did not trike the Goldwing I bought, just bought it, and the local Harley crowd quit talking to me. I was one of the go to guys around here for fixing Harleys and the neighbors were always complaining about the noise of the Harleys at my place..... All quiet here now :mrgreen: I still have Harleys of my own here, but they are pretty quiet too, as they do not get run much. Maybe five times in a year.

And as an aside - Glad you are all whole and hale round your house :lol:
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Sidcar wrote:How about a set of parking sensors for her Xmas present? Fairly cheap, easy to fit and could save a lot of grief.

Sid


I disagree. That would CAUSE a lot of grief! :D :D

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:16 pm

themainviking wrote:
wepaddle wrote:A friend of mine just got one of those, and he loves it. However, he had to trade in his Harley (and an classic car) to pay for it and he is taking a lot of heat from the Harley crowd. :P


I did not trike the Goldwing I bought, just bought it, and the local Harley crowd quit talking to me. I was one of the go to guys around here for fixing Harleys and the neighbors were always complaining about the noise of the Harleys at my place..... All quiet here now :mrgreen: I still have Harleys of my own here, but they are pretty quiet too, as they do not get run much. Maybe five times in a year.

And as an aside - Glad you are all whole and hale round your house :lol:



TRIED TALKING TO T HARLEY GUY ONCE. His only response was: "WHAT?"

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:47 am

Because he couldn't hear you speak due to the fact that his motorcycles pipes were to loud and his hearing got damaged from it right...? Viking, Something is seriously wrong if someone stops talking to you because you ride a Goldwing over a Harley Davidson. :shock: . So you are really cool if you ride a Harley but you aren't if you don't? something is very wrong with that...Such foolishness...I suppose you lost all of your mechanical skills too... so they don't bring their bikes over anymore either? Fools...You are still the same guy aren't you? Oh Oh I see, you magically changed because you ride a Goldwing now...Ohhhh.... :lol: I'd have to throw a rock at those people...

bustedwing
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Hermansville, Mich
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike
Contact:

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby bustedwing » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 am

I agree with Little Beaver, and I have seen it on the road. If I'm not riding a Harley the majority of them will not be courteous and wave back to me because I am on a Honda. Like I am less of a biker because I am on something other than a Harley. But that argument has been hashed out here several times already. If these people are that shallow then maybe they were not friends anyway. And the people that cannot find the energy to wave back to me, fine. Most people enjoy the recognition, if you are that angry, sorry. I will still be smiling and waving.
Proud member Patriot Guard

wepaddle
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:34 am
Location: Troy, Pennsylvania
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby wepaddle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 am

Sounds like you are serious here. My comments about the Harley gang have been in jest. We joke about it here in N.W. Pa., but I find that most bikers are friendly and courteous, no matter what they are riding. :)

User avatar
littlebeaver
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I waved at a little kid on his bike the other day . :shock: :lol: Yeah most riders are cool, its rare the don't wave back..

bustedwing
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Hermansville, Mich
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike
Contact:

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby bustedwing » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Sorry to say but I am heart attack serious. At least around here it's like that.
Proud member Patriot Guard

User avatar
Sidcar
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Re: Homicide Averted

Postby Sidcar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Sidcar wrote:How about a set of parking sensors for her Xmas present? Fairly cheap, easy to fit and could save a lot of grief.

Sid



What's needed here is a bit of lateral thinking. How about fitting the sensors to your G/Wing then it will sound a warning your wife reverses to close.

Sid




Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest