Saddle bags

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
JDMAG
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100I Interstate

Saddle bags

Postby JDMAG » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:07 pm

My Wing has saddle bags that look like regular Samsonite luggage. They lock and are removable. I really like this as I can use them for luggage and tools, when I use this to travel to and from jobs around the country. They just look ...... I don't know.....Not right for lack of a better term. They are charcoal in color and the bike was maroon....ish? any way, it's fixin to be red. can these saddle bags be painted? and if not, do I need to find a totally different mounting system for different ones?

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Saddle bags

Postby themainviking » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:02 am

Anything hard can be painted with the right preparation. Soft things need to be dyed, as paint, when it hardens, would flake off. Other than that, without actually seeing, feeling and touching your saddlebags, I cannot suggest further. Every material needs it's own version of preparation in order for it to retain the paint reliably.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Ockerstrom
Motorcycle: 1999 50th Anniversary GL1500SEX

Re: Saddle bags

Postby Ockerstrom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 am

Samsonite is basically a hard case if I'm not mistaken :?:

Any good automotive paint shop/panel beater should be able to paint them any color you want.
Ock. in Oz.
Windsor [near enough]
NSW
Australia

Return to “Goldwing Chat”