Sena SMH 5-10 in modular helmet

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
captainkyle
Motorcycle: 1989 Vmax

Sena SMH 5-10 in modular helmet

Postby captainkyle » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 am

Has any one used the sena SMH 5 or 10 in a modular helmet ? I don't have tons of cash right now but if the 10 is really that much better than the 5 I would probably go for it. My GF & I like different music & from what I understand we can listen to our own music from our Phones with this if I am reading right. I just want to make sure they will fit ok on a modular helmet. I know they wont work thru the audio system that is on the bike & I am ok with that since I don't use the CB Thanks in Advance,Kyle

Happytrails
Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE

Re: Sena SMH 5-10 in modular helmet

Postby Happytrails » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 am

Revzilla has a nice comparison review between the 5 and the 10. I think they have the option of a boom mic or a wired mic. And doing a little reading it sounds like you can bluetooth to your ipod, iphone, etc.. and she can do the same to another ipod, etc... so you can listen to different music. I think you can have multiple bluetooth devices connected so you can also have a gps. And when you get a cell phone call it shuts the music off and the gps voice off temporarily. And I think the 10 can support more in your group (if your connected to other riders) and may have a better range (not positive about this). Seems like a cool thing to have especially if your riding in a small group or even just 2 up.
1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

ka4yqi
Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE

Postby ka4yqi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 am

Cant say about the modular helmets, but I do use the smh-10. I hope to get a modular helmet when I find what I like. This March will have had it a year. My friend and he wife has them also. It is nice to be able to talk between the 4 of us while on the road. I probaly have not use it to it's fullest yet, but I do know that it will do 4 units and able to make and recieve phone calls, and also recieve music playing and controling it on my phone. The nice thing is I can upgrade the software in them when the come out.

Steve

captainkyle
Motorcycle: 1989 Vmax

Postby captainkyle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for the input Hopefully Santa Clause will bring me some for Christmas if I don't buy it before then.

CaptLen
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800A

Postby CaptLen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:47 pm

I have a '12 1800 and hooked the bike's system to the Cardo Bluetooth headsets with the Sena SR10- again, check with Revzilla- they're very knowledgeable and helpful- you need certain connector cables which they can supply. That, of course, would not solve your separate music needs bit if you want to hook to bike system you probably can

whitmire347
Motorcycle: 2012 Honda Goldwing

Postby whitmire347 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:03 am

I have SMH-10 and they work on my modular helmets with no problem

Return to “Goldwing Chat”