Goldwing gl1500 Inspection Sticker Plate

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Happytrails
Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE

Goldwing gl1500 Inspection Sticker Plate

Postby Happytrails » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19 pm

In states that require an inspection sticker on the motorcycle (I'm in Pennsylvania) does anybody have an Inspection Sticker Plate on there Goldwing rather than letting them slap one on your rotor cover? I tried to doing some searching but found very little about this. Thanks!

1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Goldwing gl1500 Inspection Sticker Plate

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Happytrails wrote:In states that require an inspection sticker on the motorcycle (I'm in Pennsylvania) does anybody have an Inspection Sticker Plate on there Goldwing rather than letting them slap one on your rotor cover? I tried to doing some searching but found very little about this. Thanks!

I hate those ugly stickers, and I'd be doing something very similar - if nothing else, just fabricate a small piece of sheet aluminum, fasten it to the wheel using the same bolts that hold the top of the rotor covers, and stick the sticker to that. Worse is sticking them to the fork legs - ugly!!!

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Some States in Oz have done away with stickers, and now everything about your vehicle is kept on computer. This puts the onus back onto the owner to know when the retests/registration is due. So when the friendly policeman waves to you, you know that his number plate recognition system has already pinged you, and recognised that your registration is lapsed. I have been pulled up as the vehicle i was driving showed that my licence had expired, I had to produce a valid licence to show that I was current.

There are different plastic frames, one circular about 50mm (about 2 inches) in diameter, and there are rectangular ones about 100mm by 50mm from meory, that you can adhere to the bike, and the sticker can be viewed through the plastic. This is what was common when we had to have a sticker every registration period.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Peppyone1955
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500A Aspencade

Postby Peppyone1955 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Have my State Inspection sticker mounted on the bottom of left passenger floorboard.When floorboard is down you dont see it.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”