Shinkos for My Baby

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
mikelens
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500

Shinkos for My Baby

Postby mikelens » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Got a well maintained '90 1500 back in July; needed nothing but knew the tires were aged. Last weekend cut the rear tire on a ride so had to make the jump to new rubber. Current employment situation limits the budget, so I chose to go with the Shinko Journey SE890's. Got the front for $98 & the rear for $119. Used Shinkos on my '86 Magna & was very happy with them. The shop that mounted them for me said they sell a lot of Shinkos for sport bikes & a few cruisers. Feedback on them has been very good; just hasn't installed any on a Wing to date. We''ll see how it goes. Short test ride felt good, very stable, cornered smoothly. So far, I'm very happy. Still have to play with front tire pressure to see how it affects the ride. Let's see how they hold up. I'll keep you all posted.

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Re: Shinkos for My Baby

Postby Dogsled » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 am

I run Elite 3's and my buddy runs Shinkos. I like mine, he likes his. They seem to wear the same and handle OK. He always messes with air pressure, I run 42/42...(in his defense, he washes his bike alot and I never do... :D ) I hope they work well for you, sounds like you got a good price.
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

silverado6x6
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade
And 17 other bikes, 5 more Goldwings, 3 Ventures, 2 Vmax

Re: Shinkos for My Baby

Postby silverado6x6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 pm

I use the 230 Tourmasters on two of my lighter bikes, the 230 is a very soft compound, is the load rating on these adequate?
Goldwings need a stout rear tire for obvious reasons.
Founder of Steel Horse Restorations

Return to “Goldwing Chat”