Another end of season

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
bubbave3
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 standard with Vetter Fairing and bags.2008 Suzuki Burgman Executive Scooter

Another end of season

Postby bubbave3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Folks,
I did not get out much on my bikes (1982 Wing and Suzuki 650 Burgman Executive scooter) this year but l was able to at least ride a bit compared to the last several years working through health restrictions. But the times l did get out for a ride l was in pure heaven. I removed the Trike kit from my Wing as l needed it to stabilize the bike to ride. Taking it out for the first ride as a bike again was very interesting but only took less than 10(km) 6 Miles or so to get back in the groove.
With the Ontario Winter coming l might try one more run on each bike (pending weather them put them both to bed for the winter .

When l retired they added 5 days to my weekends and since then l have never been busier...

Pam
Motorcycle: 1982 Kawazaki KZ 1100 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal (sold and miss it) 2006 Goldwing GL1800 1992 Yamaha Virago

Re: Another end of season

Postby Pam » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:35 am

Winter here in Manitoba is also fast approaching, weather has been somewhat OK for a ride but the biggest problem is the amount of day light. By the time it warms up you only have a short window before it starts to get dark. Bottom line is that my wing is tucked away under the overhang of the 5th wheel trailer in the shed :(

bubbave3
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100 standard with Vetter Fairing and bags.2008 Suzuki Burgman Executive Scooter

Postby bubbave3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

When l lived int the city l had a carport so l parked it in there and made two walls with thick plywood to box it in then after a few years of that l said to hell with that and popped out the sliding door panels of the frame and ramped the bike in lol.. l used one sheet of plywood on the floor and the wing sat nicely on that. I could then work on it or not in the warmth of the house. Two of my best riding buddies came over a few times in the winter and they removed the carbs and redid them as l watched in amazement. after it was put back together we opened the sliding doors to fire it up so they could sync the carbs...
When l retired they added 5 days to my weekends and since then l have never been busier...

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Of course, we in the deep south have to schedule our maintenance very carefully, as there are very few days when it is not good enough to go for a ride. We have had 300mm (about 12 inches) of rain, for the year upto November. So unless it is raining, I have to work out when I can do the maintenance. Fancy having to put your bike away for months :roll: I just feel sorry for you Northerners, but not too much :lol:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

bubbave3

Postby bubbave3 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:36 pm

WEll l am not getting any younger and as l sit here it is 25 deg F with the airtight wood stove lit to keep us comfy... In my earlier days l would ride 365 through rain sleet snow and ice with not a care in the world.. ha ha.. now l sit with a hot cuppa coffee and look through the triple gas filled pane window and shrug at the bare trees and ice forming on our driveway from the windchill factor..

Return to “Goldwing Chat”