Sore back side?!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
rescue1042
Motorcycle: 1982 honda goldwing interstate
1998 honda 1500 SE
2002 honda Gl1800

Sore back side?!

Postby rescue1042 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:09 pm

ok i usually get a sore rear end pretty fast on the goldwing seat/ So question to you guys is what do you recommend for a more cushion or comfortable seat for longer distance?

2002 GL1800
I dont always ride!
But when i do it's on a Goldwing!!

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Sore back side?!

Postby themainviking » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 pm

What I did was buy a custom seat from one of the best known seat builders. I bought an Ultimate seat, but Corbin also makes them, and Road sofas are available also. Wing Stuff sells, I believe, Mustang seats for the Goldwing models, although I do not know which models they handle. The best of all possible worlds would be to attend a large rally type situation such as Americade or Wing Ding, where they have all the seats and more available to sit upon. Ultimate will allow you to test ride their seat for 30 days, but I do not know what the others do. Some will build a seat, supposedly, to fit your personal butt. On the other hand, I do not know exactly what you mean by your butt getting sore pretty quick. I thought mine got sore pretty quick at two to three hours straight. I still want to get off the bike each fuel stop, but I can go all day, stopping only for fuel, and be ready to do it all over again the next day - and the next - and the next - and so on. To me, that was what I was looking for. Repeat days riding, as opposed to being able to sit for ten hours straight, because the bike needs fuel more often than that.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Postby brettchallenger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 pm

The longest ride I do is to my friend's place in North Western France. The journey takes (usually) 13 hours door to door, including messing about at the Channel Tunnel rail terminal and the subsequent channel tunnel crossing. When I get off my bike at the other end almost every sinew in my body hurts except my backside. I find the standard seat very comfortable so I have never considered changing it.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

Any aftermarket seat will be 100 x better than stock,but if you can get one built for your weight and height it be that much better again.We had a Hartco on our 1500 and the wife and I both loved it.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 am

brettchallenger wrote:The longest ride I do is to my friend's place in North Western France. The journey takes (usually) 13 hours door to door, including messing about at the Channel Tunnel rail terminal and the subsequent channel tunnel crossing. When I get off my bike at the other end almost every sinew in my body hurts except my backside. I find the standard seat very comfortable so I have never considered changing it.

Glad to see the seat works for you.I rode my 1500 about 2 hours from the dealer that I bought it from and I knew by then that the stock seat had to go.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

rescue1042
Motorcycle: 1982 honda goldwing interstate
1998 honda 1500 SE
2002 honda Gl1800

Postby rescue1042 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks everyone for the input i will def be checking into these companies thank you!
Stay safe and enjoy

2002 GL1800
I dont always ride!
But when i do it's on a Goldwing!!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”