J&M Audio

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1989 Vmax

J&M Audio

Postby captainkyle » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I took my new to me 88 apart yesterday doing some maintenance & removing the antique BMW Garmin GPS & found it hooked to a J & M CRFG 390 C . I done a little research on it & with todays Technology unless I am missing something which I very well could be is this thing even worth keeping on the bike ? Unless I looked over something important to me it just looks like more wiring I don't need. I am buying the sena Bluetoothe headsets & don't ever plan on using the factory CB . Please point out if overlooked something that it might be worth keeping it for.

Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Re: J&M Audio

Postby Fiberthree » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 pm

One advantage of the Honda system over Bluetooth is that you don't have to recharge it. It's all integrated into the bikes intercom system. As you probably found in your research, the J&M unit provided a connection from a cell phone to the helmet microphone/speakers. I imagine it could also have been adapted to provide the audio from a GPS. If you don't need it and/or plan to not use the bikes intercom, it's totally up to you if you want to remove it.

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”