Questioning Value of a 82 Interstate

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Bohemian32
Motorcycle: 1982 GL 1100 I

Questioning Value of a 82 Interstate

Postby Bohemian32 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 am

First part of Mar had the misfortune to have a women pull out in front of me. Layed it down, ended up with a broken hip. Bike looked good considering. Did not even break the windshield. Bike hit womens car from about 35 mph.
Took it to my shop guy, he is tell me that it is mostly Totaled. 82 Interstate with under 30000 miles, everything worked and it still rides but we think the frame is racked. Bike was in great shape, always sheded.
My question, is anybody have any idea what the salvage value might be. I do not even know where to start looking for some answers. The shop gentlemen indicated that he might be interested in buy it, and wanted me to put a value on it.
I have no idea where to start.
BTW hip is healing just fine, still can not put any weight on it.
Thanks

guitarlos
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

Re: Questioning Value of a 82 Interstate

Postby guitarlos » Mon May 03, 2010 6:16 am

As a start, try Kelly Blue Book online www.kbb.com and choose motorcycles. I have heard that the value is based upon NADA website.

I hope that this helps.

heymandavid14
Motorcycle: 1983 gl1100a aspencade

Re: Questioning Value of a 82 Interstate

Postby heymandavid14 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:55 am

Your Insurance will say your bike is worth less than $1000 dollars, If they do total your bike and you are not happy with what they give you tell them you want to keep the bike as well as the insurance money, you will get alot more money if you part the bike out piece by piece. And that will keep some very hard to find parts available. good luck, sorry to hear about your accident.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”