Looking for some information on some parts

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
gldwing2up
Motorcycle: 1997 black SE sapphire pearl coat

Looking for some information on some parts

Postby gldwing2up » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Posting this for my hubby ~ looking for some information. Sharing an experience I had last month. Went to take the wing in for new tires, but it was raining so decided to trailer it. (since I had a couple of slits in the rear tire & didn't think it was safe to ride it 30+ miles to the shop) I put the cover on the wing, made sure it was fasten tightly around the bike. Got to the shop no problem got the tires put on. Loaded the bike back up, made sure everything was secured. It was pouring rain by this time, windy. Got home, came around to the back of the trailer & seen that the cover was wrapped around one of the antennas. Further inspection I found that the wind had whipped the antenna completely off & had beat the crap out of the back end of the bike. The antenna lounged up under the other side of the passage arm rest. I have busted lights, scratched up saddlebags, a hole in my seat, cut marks on the passage arm rest, luggage rack scratched up, the other antenna bent. The list goes on & on. There is over $5,400.00 of damage done! Does anyone know where I can get good used parts, trunk lid saddle bags, etc. Thought maybe someone knows of someone that tykes or has good parts laying around. Thanks in advance. 1997 black sapphire pearl coat

LloydB
Motorcycle: 08 GL1800 ABS/Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper
1995 GL1500SE with a Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

Re: Looking for some information on some parts

Postby LloydB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 pm

I have had some luck with a motorcycle salvage yard in Ohio, but can't remember the name of it. Haven't had to use it since I got the 1800, used to have their web site saved on the computer, but have had to replace the computer so it is no longer there. Maybe if you do a search for motorcycle salvage yards you can come up with some. Good luck with it, hope it works out for you. If you end up having to go for new parts, I have used Parts Pit Stop, they seem to be okay.
Lloyd and Judy
Comfort, Tx.
08 GL1800 ABS with a Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper

Ghostman
Motorcycle: gl1800

Postby Ghostman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 am

Heres one Ive used before. This is their Ebay store and they also have a brick and mortar store listed on the internet.
http://stores.ebay.com/PinWall-Cycle-Pa ... d=12458664

LloydB
Motorcycle: 08 GL1800 ABS/Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper
1995 GL1500SE with a Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

Postby LloydB » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:33 pm

PinWall is the one that I was trying to remember. I have bought used parts from them twice, they seem to be good to deal with if they have the parts you need, don't always have what you are looking for.
Lloyd and Judy
Comfort, Tx.
08 GL1800 ABS with a Hannigan GTL sidecar
Roll-A-Home camper

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Unfortunately, you have learned the hard way that you should never, ever put a bike cover on a bike when it is being transported on an open trailer.

I have quite a few 1500 parts, but they are not yet cataloged, so I'm not sure just what I have and what I don't. eBay is going to be your best bet in the short term, I think.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”